Memorable quotes

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    you really won father of the year last night lol

• I've seen some really strange things in my time in Achaea, and this is right up high on the list ...

golem return

You have no golem in the lands.

schematics create golem from sllshya

With skill born from long study, you take a crystal cube, a crystal pyramid, a finely sculptured crystal torus, a milky
    crystal pentagon, and an egg-shaped crystal, and set Sinann to spinning in the air.
    Faster and faster they spin, until with a humming whine they come together to form a crystalline construct.

You have recovered equilibrium.

golem deconstruct

You dissolve the magic sustaining a crystalline golem, and it collapses into a crystal cube, a crystal egg, a finely
    sculpted crystal torus, a milky crystal pentagon, and a pyramid carved of crystal, which you quickly retrieve.

schematics create golem from sllshya

With skill born from long study, you take a crystal cube, a crystal pyramid, a finely sculptured crystal torus, a milky
    crystal pentagon, and an egg-shaped crystal, and set a crystal cube, a crystal egg, a finely sculpted crystal torus, a
    milky crystal pentagon, and a pyramid carved of crystal to spinning in the air.
    Faster and faster they spin, until with a humming whine they come together to form a crystalline construct.

Apparently I spun a house mate instead of the crystals??? Sinann was in the realms but not in the room at the time.

• Krypton said:
    Macho is here. He wields a training shortsword in his left hand.

Macho says with a savage, manly accent, "Oh yeah, brother."

Macho says with a savage, manly accent, "Welcome to Macho Land."

Macho flexes his muscles in an impressive display of strength.

*swoons womanishly*

This is pretty much how I speak on skype 100% of the time and the reaction thereto. Ooooooh yeaaaah!

• edited April 2015
    Happened to check the WHO list without logging back in...
    Name: Withywindle
    Full name: Withywindle
    City: (none)
    House: (none)
    Level: 71
    Class: Magi
    Mob kills: 1
    Player kills: 0
    Xp rank: 1227
    Explorer rank: 2474
    My significance sense is tingling. @Sarapis
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Withywindle is a known test char, was even featured in Welcome to Achaea.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I will rek you for smooching on my grandmother.

REK U M8!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited April 2015
    Nevermind.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    @Penwize you can't wish for something you already got for breaking reality.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    "What seems to be all of his blood comes fountaining out of every orifice in his body."

wtf

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    That's what happens when mobs die to green dragon breath weapon, violent exsanguination.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited April 2015
    I forget what the Black one is, but the Silver breath weapon involves every single organ in the target's body catastrophically failing, Gold overloads the brain and forces it to completely shut down, and Red burns them to ash.

Red and Gold are easily my favourite breath weapons, I think, but the "defiling, deadly wyrmvenom of legend" summoning message for Green is good too.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Because Klendathu's finished the elder dragon set (without ever buying a piece), I pick colour at a whim, although I favour blue (original colour) and silver.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Well, Halos, it isn't the very embodiment of terror for nothing.

• Halos said:
    are you serious
    Yes. 

Welcome to Mhaldor. 

Suffer in Suffering. 
  • That's it. I'm telling her your Order nickname, Frizzy-pooh bear
  • -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: Anonymous      Status      : Approved                 Priority : 1
    Skill       : Skirmishing    Ability     : Petrify
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem:
    Petrify is unreasonably difficult to achieve. It requires limb prep and breaks. Many and long 
    venom/aff stacks on top of the breaks. Dependant on passive curing not catching any off the 
    afflictions. Only your own afflictions counts towards the instakill, making it a moot ability in 
    teamfights (no other aff based instakills works like that).
    Solution #1:
    Increase the pool of afflictions that counts towards petrify, making it easier to stack some of the 
    afflictions before you break and start giving the ones that must be hidden behind focus.
    Solution #2:
    Add ability that disables passive/shrugging/tree/dragonheal for 15 seconds.
    Solution #3:
    Decrease the amount of afflictions needed. Let other peoples afflictions count towards the instakill.
    Decision:
    Not sure where the idea that only your affs count came from - any affs do and have since release. We 
    will take a look at the reqs though.

Petrify (Metamorphosis)                       Known: Yes
    Syntax:            PETRIFY <target>
    Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Details:
    The gaze of the basilisk is truly terrible to behold. If your victim
    lacks the blindness defence, and suffers from five of hallucinations,
    dizziness, recklessness, confusion, paranoia, epilepsy, and impatience,
    you may turn them into little more than a living statue. They will be
    unable to do anything in this time, although the petrification is
    short-lived.

All of the afflictions must be given by you.

• edited April 2015
    Submitted by: Anonymous      Status      : Approved                 Priority : 1
    Skill       : TwoArts        Ability     : Slashes
    Problem:
    Slashes are difficult to land on dextrous targets, even through vitiate and having a level3 band.  
    Accuracy does not seem to be a problem for the new weaponmastery classes yet for blademasters, it is 
    not unusual to miss several slashes in a row on some targets (serpents, mostly)
    Solution #1:
    Buff TwoArts accuracy
    Solution #2:
    Buff the dex reduction portion of vitiate - one solution may be to make it work as a percentage -- 
    reduce 25% of the opponent's dexterity.
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    Possibly solution 3.

I feel a little trolled.

EDIT: More classlead response fun!
    Submitted by: Anonymous      Status      : Approved                 Priority : -6
    Skill       : Curses         Ability     : Paralyse
    Problem:
    Unhindrable paralysis at .8 seconds turned out to be a poor mechanic. Because Shaman is on balance 
    twice as often as an opponent can eat herbs, opponents are left with fractions of attacking 
    opportunities. While other classes that afflict at similar speeds have rebounding or shield as 
    balancing factors, curseward is useless as a hindering ability.
    Solution #1:
    Swiftcurse no longer affects the paralyse curse.
    Solution #2:
    Extend the base balance of paralyse curse to bring a swift cursed paralyse to 1.5s
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    We will make swiftcursed paralysis consume 2 charges, but add a new curse only aff that eliminates 
    swiftcurse charge costs
    I honestly can't tell if this is real, a troll, or something else entirely.
  • edited April 2015
    What's your reasoning for disliking the third one?

ETA: For swiftcursed paralysis