Quick Questions

Comments

• Do Sirens have people ears, elf ears, or lizard ears?
  • I think it depends on the person.  I believe canonically they have people ears.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Get your fetishes out of here, @Krypton !
  • edited August 2017
    Armali said:
    Do Sirens have people ears, elf ears, or lizard ears?
    Sayenna has normal ears, but wouldn't it depend on if they're racially interbred or not? The helpfiles for both Siren and Satyr say they can carry characteristics from the other parent after all. So you could technically have whatever you want.
  • Sayenna said:
    The helpfiles for both Siren and Satyr say they can carry characteristics from the other parent after all. So you could technically have whatever you want.

No, they don't (and no, you can't - especially elf ears, as no race in Achaea has elf ears). HELP SIREN only says this: "Like satyrs, children born of a siren may be either a siren or the race of the father."

It also says "Similar in most ways to humans", so I'd assume human ears.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited August 2017
    There are some Tsol'aa with pointy ears. A relic from a hilarious old argument between the playerbase and Sarapis about whether Tsol'aa have pointy ears or not (the answer is no).

Having said that, ultimately you can put whatever you want in your description, I can guarantee you that most players have seen sillier, and unless you have something particularly lewd, no admin is going to call you out for uncanonical ears. Unless you're a stickler for canon, then the answer is no, pointy ears don't canonically exist in any of the player races.

• tsolaa (elves) def have pointy ears. Sarapis doesnt get to reinvent fantasy
  • Are coin-sized nipples canon? Can I have those?
  • I've got 400-500cr to spend on an Artefact and instead of going down the Offensive / Defensive route wonder if it's worth getting something more utility based. 

Any idea of things people find useful?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Is there a way to find or sever a wooden-horse raido? I've got one and someone dropped a monolith on it and now I can't find it to destroy the mono.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Sobriquet said:
    I've got 400-500cr to spend on an Artefact and instead of going down the Offensive / Defensive route wonder if it's worth getting something more utility based. 

Any idea of things people find useful?
    I find most of the useful utility is travel based. Wand of portals, wings, vibrating stick, anklet of dashing, chitin greaves, etc.

Artefact pet is a little out of the 400-500 credit range, but balanceless summon combined with balanceless vault is great utility too for having ready access to gallop, mountjump, fly, block and the other useful riding abilities.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Okay so I finally got a falcon today, taking up runie very slowly. I have several questions about this thing because I don't want it to die. I'm also getting varying answers depending on who I ask.

1.) What happens if it goes unfed? Does it die or just become useless?

2.) Does the sanctuary feed it or keep it alive?

3.) If I am in dragon/shaman all the time or go away for a while and keep it in sanctuary is it going to eventually die if I don't maintain it? (Kind of like having to maintain ships so they don't sink or drydock.)

4.) Is 95% okay for flee?

5.) Do they still make steel talons for falcons, and if so do I need them?

Is there anything else I should know?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited August 2017
    @Kayeil

1) From my understanding, they just become useless when too hungry. They don't die from it, or at least I've never heard of that ever happening. 

2)Sanctuary just keeps them alive and safe. I -think- they retain the same hunger level they have when you tell them to go there

3)No. Falcons can stay indefinitely in sanctuary without suffering any harm.

4)Falcons are not affected by critical hits so realistically, anything over 20 or 30 percent is fine. 

5)You only really need steel talons if you mean to use falcons in PVP. In which case I'd suggest getting them, yeah.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kayeil said:
    Okay so I finally got a falcon today, taking up runie very slowly. I have several questions about this thing because I don't want it to die. I'm also getting varying answers depending on who I ask.

1.) What happens if it goes unfed? Does it die or just become useless?

2.) Does the sanctuary feed it or keep it alive?

3.) If I am in dragon/shaman all the time or go away for a while and keep it in sanctuary is it going to eventually die if I don't maintain it? (Kind of like having to maintain ships so they don't sink or drydock.)

4.) Is 95% okay for flee?

5.) Do they still make steel talons for falcons, and if so do I need them?

Is there anything else I should know?
    1. It will just become "useless". Hunger is just a limitation on falcon usage, but it's not a threat to their health. Unlike adventurers, they won't start taking health damage if they get too hungry. They'll also only get more hungry when you're actively using them (i.e. hunger doesn't just drop by itself, as far as I recall).

2. Sanctuary is just a safe room for your falcon (there's no way for adventurers to get there). They'll stay at whatever hunger level they were at when they were sent there. If you send your falcon to sanctuary when it's too hungry to do anything else, it's going to stay that way until you order it to hunt.

3. No. If you're not actively using it, it won't get more hungry (and even if it did, that won't kill it). It will automatically be forced to sanctuary when you change class or dragonform, so you only need to worry about logging out or journalling without sending it to sanctuary.

4. 95% is very high. As Shirszae said, falcons are immune to critical hits, so there's no way to kill them with a single attack. Top end bashing attack probably doesn't do close to 10% of a falcon's maximum health, so you could get away with setting it much lower than 95%. That said, flee very rarely comes into play - usually only if other people hit your falcon, and that doesn't happen that often unless you're sending it to an enemy group during a raid - so it's not a big deal having it set high. They'll only flee if you're logged in (not in a journal), so the only way a falcon tends to die is if you leave it outside of sanctuary when you log out or journal.

5. Talons are still a forged item, presumably in Weaponsmithing. They only make a slight difference for PvP - they increase damage and add the chance to strip defences - so it depends how much fighting you think you're going to do as a Runewarden.
  • Pretty sure it needs the talons to strip rebound? Guess I've never tested it, but passive raze is gr8

• Dunn said:
    Pretty sure it needs the talons to strip rebound? Guess I've never tested it, but passive raze is gr8
    I'd assume so, but not entirely sure. Passive raze felt incredibly unreliable considering that rebounding is usually only up for short periods of time (between raze/razeslash and your opponent attacking), falcons don't attack that quickly, and it's only a (what I remember being not that high) chance for falcon to strip it.
  • I thought falcons flee even when logged off now
  • Antonius said:
    Dunn said:
    Pretty sure it needs the talons to strip rebound? Guess I've never tested it, but passive raze is gr8
    I'd assume so, but not entirely sure. Passive raze felt incredibly unreliable considering that rebounding is usually only up for short periods of time (between raze/razeslash and your opponent attacking), falcons don't attack that quickly, and it's only a (what I remember being not that high) chance for falcon to strip it.
    I notice it a lot more in 2h, but the random times that it does work are nice. 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sidonia said:
    I thought falcons flee even when logged off now
    This is correct.
  • Antonius said:
    2. Sanctuary is just a safe room for your falcon (there's no way for adventurers to get there). They'll stay at whatever hunger level they were at when they were sent there.
    Just a note, falcons can get hungrier while in sanctuary if you give them commands while they're in sanctuary. For example, if you have a trigger/alias to always send FALCON SANCTUARY when you qq (even if the falcon is already in sanctuary), and you log in/out frequently, you can come back to a starving falcon even though you haven't actually used it. Doing FALCON HUNT (which still leaves them in sanctuary) when you log out instead of FALCON SANCTUARY will avoid that (unless something has changed there since I last played a knight).
  • Yeah I falcon hunt when I qq or journal. Always come back to a fed falcon, but I assume he's just flying around clubbing or bar hopping until I log back in. 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Thanks for all of the tips and information! I'll go ahead and change the qq trigger for falcon hunt instead.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited August 2017
    Sena said:
    Antonius said:
    2. Sanctuary is just a safe room for your falcon (there's no way for adventurers to get there). They'll stay at whatever hunger level they were at when they were sent there.
    Just a note, falcons can get hungrier while in sanctuary if you give them commands while they're in sanctuary. For example, if you have a trigger/alias to always send FALCON SANCTUARY when you qq (even if the falcon is already in sanctuary), and you log in/out frequently, you can come back to a starving falcon even though you haven't actually used it. Doing FALCON HUNT (which still leaves them in sanctuary) when you log out instead of FALCON SANCTUARY will avoid that (unless something has changed there since I last played a knight).
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think FALCON SANCTUARY doesn't have a hunger cost associated with it any longer. It used to be possible to keep your falcon as a dragon (and use ORDER commands to get it to follow and attack) if it was too hungry to sanctuary when you dragonformed (this was fixed before multiclass was released). I didn't really ever bother with my falcon until they released the artefact to remove hunger costs, had FALCON SANCTUARY in both my QQ and journal aliases, and never had issues the few times I did want to use it.
  • Antonius said:
    Sena said:
    Antonius said:
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think FALCON SANCTUARY doesn't have a hunger cost associated with it any longer. It used to be possible to keep your falcon as a dragon (and use ORDER commands to get it to follow and attack) if it was too hungry to sanctuary when you dragonformed (this was fixed before multiclass was released). I didn't really ever bother with my falcon until they released the artefact to remove hunger costs, had FALCON SANCTUARY in both my QQ and journal aliases, and never had issues the few times I did want to use it.
    Can still falcon hunt and switch class. Falcon is full, returns to you, happily work with you in another class. I hope this is reported already, I am not reporting it again.
  • edited August 2017
    Regarding Artefact Powers - can you buy them on an Artefact Armour?

e.g.: I buy a cloth armour, I embrasure it, add rondel, then transfer powers on it? At least the ones that need to be equipped, like crit chance or stats +X?
  • Sindregan said:
    Regarding Artefact Powers - can you buy them on an Artefact Armour?

e.g.: I buy a cloth armour, I embrasure it, add rondel, then transfer powers on it? At least the ones that need to be equipped, like crit chance or stats +X?
    As far as I know, you can transfer artefact powers onto almost any item. Artefact armour should be included in that list. That said, unless you're either never going to invest in multiclass or are happy using the morphing paragon, it's probably not a great idea to move other artefact powers onto your armour.
  • On the topic of artefact armour, as a monk with around 1500 credits, is it worth it going for the armour + SoA effect or better spent on +2 con and something else? I'd think SoA is a lot of survivability to pass up...
  • With SoA you're banking on RNG. With +2 Con you consistently have that extra con.. I'd take con. But my SoA is the worst thing ever. I block like 1 attack per mob. :(