Quick Questions

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Or if you wrote your own sipper, you could do like:

sip health if health < 86%
    eat potash if health <70%
    however, if health < 86% and my sip balance is more than 2s away, eat potash

and then realize that with your shitty ping, you lose like 400ms :( fuck Australia
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I sip at 75% and moss at 40% while bashing.

No reason to eat moss at a high health % while bashing, it's a complete waste of gold.

I'd set sip at 82% and moss at 50% if I were you. 

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    70 and 50 for me, but I have level 3 regen and level 2 sip ring

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I keep both of mine high. 85 for sip so one.sip gets me just under 100% and 70 for moss. Mostly it's for combat, gotta sip and moss early and often.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Am I the only one who sets moss at 85-90% because it heals 8%?

70% is loooooow.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Mine are high because I hate seeing the health bar <100% filled.
  • Farrah said:
    Am I the only one who sets moss at 85-90% because it heals 8%?

70% is loooooow.
    For non-bashing modes, my system should be switching to moss usage at 92% when off sip balance, otherwise I always set it to 10% below whatever my sip value is (because in my head moss still does 10%). That usually ends up being 80 sip, 70 moss.
  • Farrah said:

70% is loooooow.
    I do for PK, but not bashing.

• Farrah said:

70% is loooooow.
    No. I'm like 89 sip health. 88 Moss Health. 87 sip mana. 86 moss mana.
  • It literally doesn't matter as long as your health sip value is around whatever deficit you choose, it will come up in 2 situations: the first hit of the fight if they tickle you sometimes where you will overheal, and at some point during the fight when you get close to max health and sip health instead of mana. As a non-mana based the class the second situation might come up if you are in a heavy clotting situation, but mobs don't time their attacks so the first situation is really just a matter of saving 1g per overheal or not.
  • Kogan said:
    Farrah said:

70% is loooooow.
    No. I'm like 89 sip health. 88 Moss Health. 87 sip mana. 86 moss mana.
    That's...almost the worst you could possibly do.

Let's say you have 5k health and get hit for 600 damage.

You're going to sip and moss at the same time, entirely wasting your moss balance, and wasting 30% of your sip value.

• Unless you don't do batch curing.
  • Wrong. 

• edited July 2017
    Cooper said:

That's...almost the worst you could possibly do.

Let's say you have 5k health and get hit for 600 damage.

You're going to sip and moss at the same time, entirely wasting your moss balance, and wasting 30% of your sip value.
    Idk. Doesn't happen to me. Maybe SS was fixed to not do this at some point and it used to?

Edit: New log to show curing status. Batching is on as well. That just doesn't happen to me.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/vqxy0Qd9
  • H:5996(88%) M:100% E:100% W:100% A: ex|dbk []-

I don't know if you would have eaten moss there, you were at 88% but not below.
  • You were just a few lines off of why I posted the log.

With a rush of water and a sudden flash of teeth, a man-eating shark bites you viciously.
    H:6232(92%) M:100% E:100% W:100% A: ex|dbk []-
    You may drink another health or mana elixir. (4.453s)
    H:6232(92%) M:98% E:100% W:99% A: ex|dbk []-
    As fast as a lightning strike, a man-eating shark tears into your side with razor teeth.
    H:5757(85%) M:98% E:100% W:99% A: ex|dbk []-
    You take a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    H:6751(100%) M:97% E:100% W:99% A: ex|dbk []-
    With a rush of water and a sudden flash of teeth, a man-eating shark bites you viciously.
    H:6339(93%) M:99% E:100% W:99% A: ex|dbk []-
  • Ah I see :)

I'm used to having my moss at like ~90-92% and then sip at ~82-83 or substantially lower, but Lusternia had a lot more mana kills and everything else required health applies. Should probably adjust that for here at some point, but it hasn't really bit me too much in the butt yet.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited July 2017
    I bought a briny tally, because I was interested to see levels of seamonsters, what the average level for the ships I sail is, etc.
    A briny tally: 3 Mayan Crowns
       - READ <tally> <shipID> - See the average level of seamonsters killed by a
                                 vessel.
       - SCATTER PAGES        - When aboard a ship you own to reset the ship's
                                 seamonster record.
                               - This permanently consumes the tally item.

I am the registered owner of The Fickle Mistress, ship 631

Command: READ TALLY FIK and READ TALLY 631 both return
    Rifling through a briny tally, you find no record of such a ship.
    Is there a delay on the tally updating? Do I need to read the tally when not on board?

Nevermind, it appears it only works for ships on RANKINGS FISHING, and only returns the information there.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • What are all the sources of bonus experience gain in the game that are available right now? 
  • Devran said:
    What are all the sources of bonus experience gain in the game that are available right now? 
    Off the top of my head:
    Iron Elite membership
    Elixir of life enhancement from the Shop of Wonders
    The Effigy of Victory (city-based reward, so you'd have to be a citizen of Eleusis [until after the next CTF])
    The promotional item from a few months ago I can't remember the name of (assuming there are still some available to purchase from other players)
    Profithyst

I believe you can also feed the promotional chocolates to denizens to gain an experience bonus for killing denizens of that type, but I don't know if any of those are currently available. That also ignores any potentially admin-given experience bonuses that could happen at any time.
  • Hunting the outer islands.
  • Tahquil said:
    Hunting the outer islands.
    Along similar lines: Denizens that have been alive for a while are also worth more experience.
  • edited July 2017
    Antonius said:
    Devran said:
    What are all the sources of bonus experience gain in the game that are available right now? 
    Off the top of my head:
    Iron Elite membership
    Elixir of life enhancement from the Shop of Wonders
    The Effigy of Victory (city-based reward, so you'd have to be a citizen of Eleusis [until after the next CTF])
    The promotional item from a few months ago I can't remember the name of (assuming there are still some available to purchase from other players)
    Profithyst

I believe you can also feed the promotional chocolates to denizens to gain an experience bonus for killing denizens of that type, but I don't know if any of those are currently available. That also ignores any potentially admin-given experience bonuses that could happen at any time.
    Profithyst gives a 40% bonus doesn't it? 
    Iron Elite stacks up at 5% per month to a 25% bonus at 5 months or more?
    What does Elixir of Life give and how available is it? I know nothing about the Shop of Wonders.

I wish something like the Chalice from Aetolia was available here. (Unless that's the Elixir of life in which case woohoo)
  • Elixer of Life enhancement is 10% bonus for 12 hours. 

It's one mayan crown for the vial and it's 5 sips.

It's so much more value than spending 10cr on Profithyst (40% for 1 hour).
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Outer Island gives an actual distinguishable XP BONUS (as see in DEF).  The Miniature Clown from... Christmas last year??? Or was it during the 19th anniversary.  It could give you XP+ or CRIT+ and it's permanent, as far as I'm aware.  It's small.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    It's definitely not meant to be permanent. That's a bug.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I think the item itself is permanent, but you can only squeeze it for the bonus some number of times (5 I think)
  • Not what I meant was permanent.
  • It's suppose to have 4 charges, then leave a permanent (but chargeless) trinket.
  • Regarding the Nexus client, is there any kind of command that lets you walk to a room like the Mudlet mapper?

I understand I can click on the various rooms that are visible to me and travel that way, but if there's no long range "walk to 12412" type feature that pretty much kills any chance of me using the client.