Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

Comments

• RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 16
    Dochitha said:
    eta: DW is definitely not crap lol, CERTAINLY not worse than Monk, least of all when it has artifacts. Don't discount Terminus, I'd easily put DW pretty far up.
    It is worse than monk. You need to hunt more. 
    Wouldn't be saying that if I haven't already hunted extensively with both. There's a reason everyone who goes Monk for hunting complains that it's shit: because it is. Even Proficy and Penwize switched away from it for hunting for this exact reason.

Literally everything except probably Blademaster hunts faster/better than Monks. Willing to bet even Druid does these days with equal artifacts. Shit hits about as hard as a wet noodle compared to their PvP damage. 0/10 would only recommend to masochists.
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,063Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Monk sucks. For sure.  I still can't figure out why people think thoths and dragon is good, though.  
    Ryzeth
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,103Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thoth's is significantly faster than gut and incantation. 

Dochitha
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,068Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 16
    Dochitha said:

My personal scores without taking battlerage into consideration, artied,
    Serpent 3.9, shaman 3.3, bard 3.1, dwc 3.05, alchie 2.8, monk 2.8, fang dragon 2.5. just for comparison, DW sucks at 1.3. 

Update after Classleads 3: DW improved a lot!

Serpent 3.9, Shaman 3.3, Bard 3.1, DWC 3.05, Alchie 2.8, Monk 2.8, fang dragon 2.5, DW 2.3.

These are assuming L3 weapons if they have, and stat maxed with accessible trait, race, and L3 stats. These are DPS score, non-crit, not factoring in battlerage, defense, armor etc... Just pure DPS, measured. Also my personal measurement and scoring hitting my hippogriff vs time, you can have your scoring and belief I am not going to argue. I greathunted in Shaman mostly, and Bard if I need cantata.
    Utianima
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,632Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why factor lvl 3 stats and weapons? The number of the population that have that is tiny. 
    Sobriquet said:
    Why factor lvl 3 stats and weapons? The number of the population that have that is tiny. 

SobriquetSkyeBann
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,471Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Because that's what Dochitha has. He's just saying that's the order for him, fully artied.
    DochithaPrythe
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/QJ1ftfEC

I tried to do AXK/hkp/hfp, but only AXK went through, the punches did not, and I do have arm balance... 
    Some odd times the punches can go through, some times no. What did I do wrong?
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,058Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 16
    You're sending them as singular things instead of using combo, that I noticed immediately. Not sure why they didn't fire, but that will probably fix it.

Also I think you typo, hkp isn't a thing is it? You did hkp/hfp in the second combo.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    DochithaUtianimaAntidas
    edited May 16
    Atalkez said:
    You're sending them as singular things instead of using combo, that I noticed immediately. Not sure why they didn't fire, but that will probably fix it.

Combo solved it, thank you!!
    Utianima
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,471Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Atalkez said:

Also I think you typo, hkp isn't a thing is it? You did hkp/hfp in the second combo.

Hkp is the torso punch, nub (things I know now that I actually play monk, woo).

I don't understand why the punches didn't work in the log though... Punches don't have to be combo'd.
    Dochitha
    Oh, look at that.

• AnzeAnze Posts: 73Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Is there a Nexus equivalent of the fantastic Mudlet bashing script that @Keneanung made?
  • KeneanungKeneanung Posts: 542Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    There is a not very complete and old javascript port for Nexus. If someone wants to have a look, they can at https://github.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing.js (I should add the nxs file at some point, I guess)
    Anze
    That would be super helpful! 
  • KeneanungKeneanung Posts: 542Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Anze There you go: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing.js/master/Reflex Package Bashing 2017-5-16.nxs

It may be incomplete, at some points outright broken and it's missing battlerage, because the port is from when battlerage didn't exist. But I'm happy to accept changes and additions
    @Keneanung The release branch is out of date, but switching to the master branch in my reflexes configuration made at least the core functionality work for me (didn't try fleeing though). I'll poke around a bit more and see about adding in Battlerage support, at least, giving people on the Nexus client the option.
    Utianima
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,303Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Does SoA proc only block cutting/blunt, or all damage types?

Tested earlier and it didn't block incantation, rend, bite, gut, punch or kick, but I think that's cause the person I was testing with is bugged.
    Huh. Neat.
    edited May 17
    Also, is it possible to cancel Gare? (assuming you don't have eq artie)
    Huh. Neat.
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,825Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    SoA is only blunt/cutting, and certain finishers are excepted.
    Ahmet said:
    Also, is it possible to cancel Gare? (assuming you don't have eq artie)

Paralysis stops it, if you have it when you would complete ptv

@Atalkez I meant to cancel your own gare.
    Huh. Neat.
  • FrederichFrederich Posts: 1,243Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Paralysis / Sleep stops PTV.
    Too bad you can't relax insomnia off-eq. Oh well.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,170Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    web stops it too
    Ahmet said:
    Too bad you can't relax insomnia off-eq. Oh well.
    You can do this if you have a diadem. You'll recover EQ before the gare completes. Why it's almost impossible to actually stop a dragon who has one, since they can dragonheal before gare completes, then it'll go through.
  • CaliraCalira Posts: 336Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    The Gare delay is pretty random, so you don't always recover EQ first, but between dragonheal and off-EQ dragonflex it is pretty hard to stop.
    Dochitha
  • AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Posts: 305Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If I wanted to learn more about how the spirits in spiritlore relate to Achaean history, where should I start?
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 540Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Are there any books on the topic? Npcs you could talk to?  If not, we can make up some stuff!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    AnkhareoutefUtianima
  • AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Posts: 305Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Torinn said:
    Are there any books on the topic? Npcs you could talk to?  If not, we can make up some stuff!
    I think I love you
Sign In to Comment.