Quick Questions

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Does anyone have logs of Twinkles return murder spree I keep hearing about?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Kenway

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Asria's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Karai's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Ginovianna's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for his failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Tyamat's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for his failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Jacen's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for his failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Elsam's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Ireth's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Asria's connection with Darkness.

As punishment for her failure, Ozymandium, the Black Emissary has severed Karai's connection with Darkness.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Tyamat as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Asria as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Ireth as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Elsam as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Jacen as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Karai as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

Tendrils of impenetrable shadow writhe furiously about the form of Ginovianna as the displeasure of the God of Darkness manifests.

The silken voice of the Dark Father reverberates from everywhere and nowhere, "As you forsake the shadow, so too are you forsaken. Crawl into the light, wretches, and beg for your enslavement."

The silken voice of the Dark Father reverberates from everywhere and nowhere, "Those who have disgraced my name are no longer fit to wear it. I strip it from you."
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Dayum dude

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Wat happen

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Wow. That's interesting.
  • I, too, am very curious about it.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Y'all were saying something about Hashan and Darkwalkers in that other thread?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • A new volunteer coming in, turning everything the previous Twilight did upside down, and alienating almost the existing order, has absolutely no bearing or influence over events of the past. Just because the new guy is doing whatever the hell they're doing, doesn't change the fact that the order and some key Darkwalkers had a very large part in Hashan's rise.
  • I'm pretty sure this is the same volunteer.
  • Let's not forget that it was those same people that nearly destroyed the Hashan government just recently. Well half of them; the other half sat back and watched them do it. Sounds like a pretty justified response from Twilight.
  • It's the same volunteer, back from RL shenanigans. Hail @Twilight!
     <3 
  • Y'all apparently have more info than me on the player behind Twilight, but that just makes the events of his return all that more infuriating. Wildly contradicted himself, literally flipped his previous means and motives completely upside down, all before punishing us for things the old Twilight did. I mean you can't 180 any harder than this guy 180'd. So I guess idk wtf is going on.
  • It's entire possible that Twilight said, "Lead the city." (with a more godly phrasing, obviously). It may have been meant in an inspirational, galvanizing way, but was taken literally - as in, take the Regency and the Seneschal seat. Hilarity and chaos ensued!
     <3 
  • I'm not even talking about that situation, which I've heard transpired exactly the way it was meant to, but I just don't know. Rather, I'm talking about things like chastising us for being a little more public, while when the previous time Twilight was active, he encourage shrine raising and defense and crusades and literally gave four people the Trismigestus (sp) title. Had me doing public rituals, etc. etc.

If its the same person, then that's just fucked up.
  • Could someone maybe summarize what happened?

• Jacen said:
     Rather, I'm talking about things like chastising us for being a little more public
    Any regrets I had about quitting Hashan just vanished, right here.
  • edited June 2017
    A couple of months ago, the Darkwalkers+sympathizers gained a majority in the Hashan council. Simply put, the current city leader at that time, Regi, was not a Darkwalker, and in a bid to push Hashan into becoming an actual faction*, he was replaced by Asria, someone who's more aligned with that goal. People were not pleased, a bunch of elections happened, and the Darkwalkers were pushed out of the government. 

*This is a super simplified simplification of highly complex events.

Fast forward to a few days ago, Twilight came back from RL stuff, and he was not pleased. He kicked out everyone who was the least bit associated with the coup.

Also, @Jacen, there's being public and visible, and there's basically taking a sledgehammer to the government. I would know, I was part of it.

The thing is, Hashan really does need to be on better terms with the Night orders (Moon and Darkness both, but I don't think there's been an Ourania in a while). This is especially true now, with a more factionalized world and the prominence of the shrine/crusade combat systems. And I think a lot of the current Hashani players recognize this; the problem is, the Darkwalkers essentially forced the Hashan-Darkness relationship. Consent is golden, and the majority hadn't given theirs.

Hopefully Twilight takes this opportunity to remodel the Darkwalker order. "Secrecy for the sake of secrecy" isn't something that a faction can reliably rally around, especially in Hashan where characters are taught to question everything, For Science.

edit: I'd also like to add, it didn't help when, after the coup, almost everyone except me bothered to defend and explain why we did what we did. And when I did, I was told that I'd be cast out. That's not being visible; that is, again, a relic of the "secrecy for the sake of secrecy" aspect that is not conducive to a factional identity.
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Fast forward to a few days ago, Twilight came back from RL stuff, and he was not pleased. He kicked out everyone who was the least bit associated with the coup.
    There's a lot of things I want to say about the "coup", but I was dormant at the time so I don't know how truthful the things I know are, and what I'm missing. That makes the above statement patently false though: my contribution to the "coup" was logging in to read the news posts. That's literally it. I didn't even know 2/7 of the people he slew were Darkwalkers, and I can't imagine what their involvement in the "coup" would have been, though again, I was dormant then so I wouldn't know.

Mathilda said:

The thing is, Hashan really does need to be on better terms with the Night orders (Moon and Darkness both, but I don't think there's been an Ourania in a while). This is especially true now, with a more factionalized world and the prominence of the shrine/crusade combat systems. And I think a lot of the current Hashani players recognize this; the problem is, the Darkwalkers essentially forced the Hashan-Darkness relationship. Consent is golden, and the majority hadn't given theirs.
    This is absurd. What kicked of Hashan's rise was the bulk of the city latching on to Twilight-oriented objectives and combat, like raising the Obelisk and the Darkenwood shrine conflict. The general public was pretty involved in both of those events.
  • And yet throughout all of that, Hashan was still pretty heavily secular. You'll notice, especially from the news posts from the election period, that there is still a significant portion of the Hashani playerbase who believes Twilight should only maintain an advisory and auxiliary position in city affairs. The shift towards a closer Hashan-Twilight relationship had begun, yes, and then the Darkwalkers tried to speed it up. Hashan panicked and backed away. 
     <3 
  • Trying to figure out shikudo kill-path

Been wracking my brain for an hour re: 6th lock affliction.

Realise that hemotoxin / purge-blood may be an Imperian thing.

Confirm/deny?
  • I have no idea what hemotoxin or purge-blood is, so I don't understand the question. :(

If you're asking what you need along with paralysis/asthma/anorexia/slickness/impatience, you might be thinking weariness. It varies based on class though. Weariness is a common one because it stops fitness, which lots of classes (but not all) have.

• @Iniar hemotoxin/purge blood is an imperian thing. Don't have to worry about that here.
  • thanks guys
  • Iniar said:
    Alchemist = Stupidity
    Blademaster/Knight/Monk/Serpent = weariness
    Depthswalker = Recklessness
    Dragon = Weariness+Recklessness
    Magi = Haemophilia
    Shaman = Selarnia
    Sentinel/Druid = can't remember what stops Might. Think they have fitness too though (so weariness for that)
    Others with an active (I think it's only jester/occultist) is stopped with paralysis. Aside from Priest but they don't really count. Worth noting that passive cures (rites/harmonics/etc, not tree) will always cure voyria before anything else. Disrupt+confusion can obviously be substituted for any of the above if you can somehow magically stick those.

• Iniar said:
    Trying to figure out shikudo kill-path

Realise that hemotoxin / purge-blood may be an Imperian thing.

Confirm/deny?
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5445/class-active-cures-list/p1
  • With 17 int and level 3 collar, which is gonna be faster as shaman bashing: Anthius Roar or Jinx Bleed?
  • Roar would absolutely be better if you're quick witted and have diadem. Not being nimble is pretty bad pvp wise though. 
  • Sirrion said:
    Roar would absolutely be better if you're quick witted and have diadem. Not being nimble is pretty bad pvp wise though. 
    have diadem, but i'm nimble
  • Sirrion said:
    Roar would absolutely be better if you're quick witted and have diadem. Not being nimble is pretty bad pvp wise though. 
    Not to target the player but this information is incorrect. Curse/jinx is superior under all configurations, arius just lets you finish them through shield. Any confusion that may have arisen otherwise can be attributed to the swiftcurse defence erroneously reducing curse/jinx damage prior to it being fixed.
  • The age old argument of Shaman bashing. Is it even good? Is Arius good? Is Jinx good?

But we all know swiftcurse sucks