Quick Questions

Comments

• Klendathu said:
    Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
    I paid 275 credits to customise my wings, but that gave me different appearance and examined when worn / unwarn, plus custom messages for wearing / unwearing. You're looking at a minimum of 150cr for what you're asking
    275 sounds kind of high. When you say custom messages for wearing/unwearing, I assume those are just reactions? I can't see why that cost more than 200, based on what I've paid for similar things in the past.
    150 credits for automatically changing the descriptions when worn / unworn, plus the cost of the 2 descriptions themselves, plus the reactions. I actually think I got a slight discount.
    How long ago did you get your wings customised? I had the same thing on my wings - changing description on WEAR and REMOVE - and I paid the standard reaction price of 25 credits for each change (so 50 total). You paid 100 credits more than I've ever been quoted for that work.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    October 2015. I thought the price was fair, didn't quibble it. I might be misquoting the price, but I know for sure I was quoted 150 cr for the changing descriptions part, because I found the email for that

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Is possible to change the description of the SpA line "your shield absorbs the hit"? That would be considered a reaction right?
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Does anyone have a larger version of the tab icon for forums/the website?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2017
    Is this line on mounts / pets new?

A vibrant xaohlatl has not felt the embrace of Death for many months.

Aristeas, a gryphon has not felt the embrace of Death for many months.

Edit: I just completed a candle of cessation, assume it's from that. Move along, nothing to see :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • What are the current states of the Paladin and Infernal classes? Last I heard, Paladin was doing very well depending on the spec picked. They both still seem strong for hunting/pvp, depending on spec, and it looks like it might just come down to class flavor and faction desired.

Similarly, what of Mhaldor and Targossas?  Are either of those cities experiencing a drought or exodus of players? And lastly, do either of them have any semblance of a Knight program within the Houses or Orders?
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • edited May 2017
    Corbeaux said:
    What are the current states of the Paladin and Infernal classes? Last I heard, Paladin was doing very well depending on the spec picked. They both still seem strong for hunting/pvp, depending on spec, and it looks like it might just come down to class flavor and faction desired.

Similarly, what of Mhaldor and Targossas?  Are either of those cities experiencing a drought or exodus of players? And lastly, do either of them have any semblance of a Knight program within the Houses or Orders?
    Paladin is in a good spot from what I heard. Targossas is not suffering from an exodus, it's actually pretty stable depending on time zone. Some Houses have it rougher though.

Mhaldor was having a very hard time but they've been gaining a lot of membership since Sartan's return.

And no, in Targossas we do not have knighting programs. But the Bloodsworn have named a few knights, hand picked from Their ranks, as an homage to their qualities.

• Mhaldor and Targossas both seem to be in very good spots at the moment.

In terms of Paladin vs Infernal, it depends what spec you want to play. I'd say paladin is much better for sword and shield, but infernal is better for two-handed, dual blunt, and dual cutting. It's probably a closer call for two-handed and dual cutting because of paladin's higher strength, but infernal brings really nice things to the table for those specs whereas paladin is basically just a lesser runewarden, and dual blunt infernal is crazy strong.

Targossas has no knighthood program. Mhaldor technically does unless it's been disbanded but it hasn't been very active.

• Mhaldor has a knight program and it has someone watching over it, just not a lot of applicants lately.
  • Kiet said:
    Mhaldor has a knight program and it has someone watching over it, just not a lot of applicants lately.
    Do you have to be Infernal/Runewarden?
  • edited May 2017
    Prolly not, but ask our knights in-game since I'm as far away knighthood ICly as you could be.
  • Do levels continue to grow your health pool post level 100?

What is the formula to determine max health in relation to levels and constitution / any other factors?
  • Max Health Formula is (3*Con+4)*Level+300

It changes past Level 100 though, you still gain health per level but its a reduced amount. No idea what the formula for that is though..
  • So, as a retiree from another Iron Realms game, I find myself getting back into Achaea after a decade away. I have around 4000 credits to play with and my immediate goal is to get setup with the necessary class, skills & artifacts so that my character becomes a bashing outlier.

Ideas welcome.

Regards...
  • Tensi said:
    So, as a retiree from another Iron Realms game, I find myself getting back into Achaea after a decade away. I have around 4000 credits to play with and my immediate goal is to get setup with the necessary class, skills & artifacts so that my character becomes a bashing outlier.

Ideas welcome.

Regards...
    bashing outliers are: artied serpent (at high levels), artied bard, artied runewarden.
  • Aegoth said:
    Tensi said:
    So, as a retiree from another Iron Realms game, I find myself getting back into Achaea after a decade away. I have around 4000 credits to play with and my immediate goal is to get setup with the necessary class, skills & artifacts so that my character becomes a bashing outlier.

Ideas welcome.

Regards...
    bashing outliers are: artied serpent (at high levels), artied bard, artied runewarden.
    Artied Serpent > Artied Shaman > Artied Bard > Artied DWC Runie.
  • Dochitha said:
    Aegoth said:
    Tensi said:

Ideas welcome.

Regards...
    By Artie shaman, you mean roar spec?
  • I feel like Runewarden deserves special mention as an outlier for two reasons.

The first is their high innate tankiness. Con-spec Runewardens are pretty fucking tanky and they can bash areas that less tanky classes have trouble with. 

The second is that Runewardens are basically endurance/willpower neutral when they are bashing. Shamans will have to stop for willpower at some point, but Runewardens can keep doing indefinitely(or until they clot away all their willpower, but that's applicable to every class).

The downsides:

1) DWC and DWB are expensive to artifact, needing two artifact weapons each. 

2) You can't use a Shield of Absorbtion. If you want that effect you have to use the much more expensive armor paragon.
  • Bard > serpent. Waaay to much extra utility for bard at barely any speed lose. 
  • A Shaman hunting with curse/jinx bleed could probably do so forever. Swiftcurse hunting is extremely willpower intensive, but curse/jinx is not at all.
  • Morthif said:
    Bard > serpent. Waaay to much extra utility for bard at barely any speed lose. 
    The speed difference between fully artied serp and fully artied bard is huge, serpent is more than 20% faster.

• edited May 2017
    Well the question is less 'fully artied' and more  'at 4k credits' because 4k credits isn't fully artying anything, really.
  • What can I do with a tulip pot that I got from a globe. Other than place it on the ground and receive the ambient messages? Is it possible to place it like furniture, or even pick tulips from it?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    They're part of a collection. Supposedly one day if they finish releasing all the flower pots they intend to release, then you can complete the collection for a bonus item. Other than that, no. They're purely ambient. 

• Dochitha said:j
    Aegoth said:
    Tensi said:

Ideas welcome.

Regards...
    By Artie shaman, you mean roar spec?
    Curse / jinx bleed. With Arties you won't notice wp drain at all. Also those attunes are too good. Algiz, Garon, SoA you are tankier than knights. 

My personal scores without taking battlerage into consideration, artied,
    Serpent 3.9, shaman 3.3, bard 3.1, dwc 3.05, alchie 2.8, monk 2.8, fang dragon 2.5. just for comparison, DW sucks at 1.3. 

• edited May 2017
    Dochitha said:
    Curse / jinx bleed. With Arties you won't notice wp drain at all.
    Curse / jinx bleed doesn't notice WP drain even without arties, just need like 90 lessons in philosophy and you're good for 5+ hours. Trans'd philo and you literally don't notice it, when I was Shaman I bashed all of Dun + Moghedu (ALL of it) and was still sitting at ~97% WP, and that was just because of clotting (which costs even less now, so gg)

Being able to attune to 3 spirits now probably helps a lot, too. Now you don't really have to choose bashing attunements. Would love to go back to Shaman some day :(

eta: DW is definitely not crap lol, CERTAINLY not worse than Monk, least of all when it has artifacts. Don't discount Terminus, I'd easily put DW pretty far up.
  • eta: DW is definitely not crap lol, CERTAINLY not worse than Monk, least of all when it has artifacts. Don't discount Terminus, I'd easily put DW pretty far up.
    It is worse than monk. You need to hunt more. 
  • edited May 2017
    Dochitha said:
    eta: DW is definitely not crap lol, CERTAINLY not worse than Monk, least of all when it has artifacts. Don't discount Terminus, I'd easily put DW pretty far up.
    It is worse than monk. You need to hunt more. 
    Wouldn't be saying that if I haven't already hunted extensively with both. There's a reason everyone who goes Monk for hunting complains that it's shit: because it is. Even Proficy and Penwize switched away from it for hunting for this exact reason.

Literally everything except probably Blademaster hunts faster/better than Monks. Willing to bet even Druid does these days with equal artifacts. Shit hits about as hard as a wet noodle compared to their PvP damage. 0/10 would only recommend to masochists.