Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

1306307309311312331

Comments

  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kayle said:
    How is sentinel hunting compared to other classes and what artifacts should I be looking to grab just starting out (about a 1k credit spending limit)
    Shit until 50 (or 30 + HR2) when you can get Skirmishing. Do not go for maul to hunt with, use Skirmishing thrust. Once you get it it's pretty good, though. Class is decently tanky and kills relatively quickly.

    Always get SOA as first artifact. Then probably a trident/spear (although it doesn't speed you up very much, just damage for the most part) ... If you're wanting to do combat moreso, then an artifact axe is probably more useful, but that does nothing for your hunting. Axe throw is no longer king of sentinel hunting.
  • KayleKayle Posts: 49Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So shield spear for hunting and shield axe for combat? How viable is the forged spear for hunting and the forged axe for combat. Are the differences for each style worth the pickup over the other one?
  • AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Posts: 278Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Idk. I'm of the mind that defensive arties should be the priority before all else (and it's taken me a long time and a lot of not-so-gentle nudging) to get to that mindset. SoA is definitely a priority, but I'd look into bracelets (boosts both health and mana), a +con belt, and health sip at least before investing in class-specific arties.
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 20
    Idk. I'm of the mind that defensive arties should be the priority before all else (and it's taken me a long time and a lot of not-so-gentle nudging) to get to that mindset. SoA is definitely a priority, but I'd look into bracelets (boosts both health and mana), a +con belt, and health sip at least before investing in class-specific arties.
    This is probably better. I haven't played personally around with Sentinel since like 3-4 after they got Skirmishing.

    @Kayle I don't believe their artifact weapons give them a similar boost that most other classes get, I think their important combat arti is a diadem for better syncing of enrages/recalling animals? Don't quote me on that.

    I probably wouldn't get class-specific artifacts at all, unless you know for sure you're gonna keep the class (whether as primary, or multiclassing). They scale pretty well with strength to, if memory serves correctly.
    Ankhareoutef
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 481Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Definitely defensive arties that can be translated well to multiple other classes first.  You want to get high level above all else, and those mentioned by Ankh are perfect for basically any class.  You want to spend your credits as wisely as possible, and with that in mind you'd want things that are in general good for all classes such as the +health/+mana bracelet, sip ring, etc.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Ankhareoutef
  • GwyneriaGwyneria Posts: 7Member
    Are L1 scimitars enough/required for runewardens to be effective against mid-higher guys? Or should I invest in lessons and go DWB with forged weapons instead?
  • ArmaliArmali Posts: 756Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    It's not so much scims are a lot of strength to max out that DSB damage.
  • GwyneriaGwyneria Posts: 7Member
    Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,119Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    With Lagua (I think) rune that should be a 96% DSB. If you can't kill with that, it's unlikely that the lack of STR is your problem
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Gwyneria said:
    Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
    No that is perfect. 96% on targets without resist alls. IMO all the Knight specs start to really shine when you put l1 weapons on them. The issue you'll run into tho unless youre dragon level is low health pool because of the 19 str. Regardless of spec you'll generally want l1 weapon(s), 19 str(not really an issue for dwb) and some extra con.

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Morthif
  • GwyneriaGwyneria Posts: 7Member
    Kenway said:
    Gwyneria said:
    Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
    No that is perfect. 96% on targets without resist alls. IMO all the Knight specs start to really shine when you put l1 weapons on them. The issue you'll run into tho unless youre dragon level is low health pool because of the 19 str. Regardless of spec you'll generally want l1 weapon(s), 19 str(not really an issue for dwb) and some extra con.
    So with just a pair of L1 scimitars I would be good to go?
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
  • AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Posts: 278Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Opinion: buy more globes (I've been super lucky so far) or wait until next promo?
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dochitha said:
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
    What...?

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Gwyneria said:
    Kenway said:
    Gwyneria said:
    Without any arties, runies can go to 19 strength right? Is that too little?
    No that is perfect. 96% on targets without resist alls. IMO all the Knight specs start to really shine when you put l1 weapons on them. The issue you'll run into tho unless youre dragon level is low health pool because of the 19 str. Regardless of spec you'll generally want l1 weapon(s), 19 str(not really an issue for dwb) and some extra con.
    So with just a pair of L1 scimitars I would be good to go?
    Assuming you hunted yourself a decent health pool, yeah.

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kenway said:
    Dochitha said:
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
    What...?
    Agree with Kenway. The best spec for getting shut down against any class that can hinder even decently well, maybe. DWC master spec.
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoPosts: 1,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 21
    Ryzeth said:
    Kenway said:
    Dochitha said:
    DWB is probably the best Knight spec... If you are really considering, do consider. 
    What...?
    Agree with Kenway. The best spec for getting shut down against any class that can hinder even decently well, maybe. DWC master spec.
    I mean it's an outstanding spec it just has the issue where it's entirely prep reliant but it's kill sequences require momentum to pull off which you have no real way to guarantee you get cause yeah, no hinder coming out on your end. I'd say DwC and 2h are neck and neck with all the bells and whistles with SnB userping DwC at the mid-low levels of artefact collections.

    Edit: I put dwb consistently in third and they're all pretty damn close tbh so it's really not a huge deal.

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • CaliraCalira Posts: 285Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    DWB with level 3 stars is a monster. Attacks at 2.2s, so gaining that 8 momentum is very fast, and once they get it, you die. There is no course of action you can take that lets you reliably escape pulp
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,038Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.

    FarrahFinkleAnkhareoutef
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.
    Unless they're Infernal, in which case just don't bother fighting them.
    FarrahFinkle
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,248Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm full con spec (sadly no arties) and DWB with level 3 takes 4.4s to prep per limb. Scary as shit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    I'm full con spec (sadly no arties) and DWB with level 3 takes 4.4s to prep per limb. Scary as shit.

    4.4 seconds doesn't sound right. Would require them to prep in two doublewhirls, and at 16 constitution and level 99 you should have nearly 5.5k health. Laguz would have to be making an absolutely insane amount of difference, because the break points with level 3 morningstars as Paladin aren't anywhere close to that.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Does anybody have the tradein values on the completed talismans in the Cities set?
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,366Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Does anybody have the tradein values on the completed talismans in the Cities set?

    Tumbleweed - 100
    Biscuit - 50
    Shackles - 533

    I don't know the others.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 21
    Ahmet said:
    I'm full con spec (sadly no arties) and DWB with level 3 takes 4.4s to prep per limb. Scary as shit.
    Impossible. Hmm, if you count 0, 2.1, 4.2, then that's 6 hit, assuming you break at 7. And it's less than 4.4s. But that's the ideal situation. DWB has to disable parry if you are parrying smartly. It will take probably 6-7 hits to prep you, need 2 limbs, occassionally a head or a torso, in between have to handle parry and rebounding, and survive your hinder.

    Calira said:
    DWB with level 3 stars is a monster. Attacks at 2.2s, so gaining that 8 momentum is very fast, and once they get it, you die. There is no course of action you can take that lets you reliably escape pulp
    Yes, very quick. Not much escape except room hinder, iced ground, actually rebounding too, but L3 stars make rebounding not an issue.

    Cooper said:
    Have a massive amount of health and apply to head on leg break.
    Break left leg right leg. You apply to head, just whirl left leg once, you will start applying to leg next, break head then, and carry on pulp route. Just not breaking head until you apply to leg... But yes, health is either a major obstacle or easy kill, DWB is so sensitive to health.

    Kill path for breakpoint 5, 6, 7 and 8 are totally different. Monks are worst cos have to prep arms too to stop kai cripple...meaning, have to survive their setup at least once, to get to DWB's kill sequece.

    Having high health will force DWB to go pulp path forces them to stay put for 8 momentum. Apart from that threshold of health, anything less than that opens up a lot of opportunities for DWB to finish up. DWB is tip top.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,248Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 21
    Pretty sure it took you 6 to break, which makes 4.2s per limb. Absolutely insane.

    Even at 6.3s, with the damage pressure dwb puts out, it's absurd.
    Huh. Neat.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 21
    Ahmet said:
    Pretty sure it took you 6 to break, which makes 4.2s per limb. Absolutely insane.

    Even at 6.3s, with the damage pressure dwb puts out, it's absurd.
    It's quicker than 4.2s if your breakpoint is 6. 0 LL LL, 2.1 LL LL, 4.2 RL RL, 6.3 RL RL, 8.4 LL RL, 10.5 double break prone. It's absurd if you let it happen that easily. DWB puts forth zero affliction control, which is also a reason why a lot of people are not playing DWB. It has it's struggle tbf tbh, esp against DW the OP class, without affs to hinder you. Again to be fair, BP6 doesn't need pulp to finish, only need 3 momentum to prone. Health is the best defense against DWB, I have no idea why it's designed this way, cos I hate that some of BP7 classess and BP8 has to be pulp and no other options.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dochitha said:
    Ahmet said:
    Pretty sure it took you 6 to break, which makes 4.2s per limb. Absolutely insane.

    Even at 6.3s, with the damage pressure dwb puts out, it's absurd.
    It's quicker than 4.2s if your breakpoint is 6. 0 LL LL, 2.1 LL LL, 4.2 RL RL, 6.3 RL RL, 8.4 LL RL, 10.5 double break prone. It's absurd if you let it happen that easily. DWB puts forth zero affliction control, which is also a reason why a lot of people are not playing DWB. It has it's struggle tbf tbh, esp against DW the OP class, without affs to hinder you.

    Two ways you can look at this:

    1. They're technically prepped as soon as the last hit needed to prep lands, even though you don't have balance to do anything with it yet, so it's 8.4/2 = 4.2 seconds.

    2. Being prepped is meaningless, it's not dangerous until you have them prepped and have balance, so it's 10.5/2 = 5.25 seconds.

    You'll notice, however, that none of those numbers are faster than 4.2 seconds.

    Dochitha
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,248Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yet.  
    Huh. Neat.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
Sign In to Comment.