Quick Questions

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I use http://oldsite.ironrealms.com/game-info to check messages, news, and logs.
  • Renek said:
    Can we view help files in the game while not logged in?
    https://www.achaea.com/game-help/
  • Austere said:
    I use http://oldsite.ironrealms.com/game-info to check messages, news, and logs.
    the portal on the new site scales perfectly on my phone. I think it's the best improvement on the site by far.
  • If I start the GreatHunt pre level 61 and level past that I get moved up into the new category correct?
  • Yea   
  • Are the increased forays also going to be experience-loss free, during the Great Hunt? 
  • How good is a Level 1 crit pendant? Worth it?
  • Taryius said:
    How good is a Level 1 crit pendant? Worth it?
    Sí.
  • Very worth it. Probably the first offensive bashing artefact you should get.
  • Alright, this may also seem like a dumb question... 

How exactly does weaponry affect blademaster attacks? From my understanding it has a pretty big impact on accuracy, but does it affect speed/damage/limb damage? And if so, by how much?

If anyone has done that testing, or happens to know
  • Weaponry doesn't have any effect on Two Arts attacks.
  • Weaponmastery (and previously chivalry), skirmishing, pranks, and swashbuckling all benefit from weaponry. Specifically, when determining damage/speed/accuracy, they all use whichever of the two (weaponry or the class skill) is higher, plus 10% of the lower skill.

That's just for calculating the total lessons spent though, whether or not there's actually an additional benefit beyond trans can vary, I'm not sure what does or doesn't benefit. Some things might increase in speed and accuracy beyond trans but not damage, for example, or only increase in accuracy, or not gain anything at all. Or the benefit could be capped below trans.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Sena doesn't garrote benefit too?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Sena doesn't garrote benefit too?
    Nope.
  • Weaponry shouldn't affect speed anymore. If it does it is a bug. 

• Sena said:
    Weaponmastery (and previously chivalry), skirmishing, pranks, and swashbuckling all benefit from weaponry. Specifically, when determining damage/speed/accuracy, they all use whichever of the two (weaponry or the class skill) is higher, plus 10% of the lower skill.

That's just for calculating the total lessons spent though, whether or not there's actually an additional benefit beyond trans can vary, I'm not sure what does or doesn't benefit. Some things might increase in speed and accuracy beyond trans but not damage, for example, or only increase in accuracy, or not gain anything at all. Or the benefit could be capped below trans.
    I tested this recently with damage as DWB, going from Parry to Transcendent in one shot, and I didn't see any increase in my damage. Same target with the same defenses, same weapons, same strength.
    Wasnt it mentioned when weaponmastery happened (scarlatti or vastar i think) that it was changed to only choose from the higher one?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Wasnt it mentioned when weaponmastery happened (scarlatti or vastar i think) that it was changed to only choose from the higher one?
    This is right. It's affected by the higher of weaponmastery  or  weaponry.
  • edited April 2017
    Tecton said almost a year after weaponmastery was released (here) that those four skills use whichever is higher and 10% of the lower. Vastar did imply (here) that you only benefit from the higher skill, but Makarios clarified later on the same page (here) that you do still benefit from both.
    Nazihk should bug himself, then! Not that DWB needs more damage, but either way.
    Huh. Neat.
  • What exactly does auction escrow count? I though it was the redeem value of all your credits, but it seems otherwise I have an escrow of 700 with 250cr worth of arties.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Taryius said:
    What exactly does auction escrow count? I though it was the redeem value of all your credits, but it seems otherwise I have an escrow of 700 with 250cr worth of arties.
    It's the trade-in value of those items.

Like when I got my Chenubian wings, I bid 15k escrow because that is how many bound credits I'd have had if I traded in every artefact I owned at the time.

I think redeem value is slightly different and it factors in more than just artefacts.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Auction escrow counts your artefacts that have a defined credit cost. That means, on ARTEFACT <id> VALUE, you see "x currently costs x credits". It does not count items that cost mayan crowns, even though those can be traded in for 10 credits. It does not count things that you can trade in with PROMO TRADEIN.

It also doesn't exactly match the actual tradein value, it can be slightly higher than the actual value because it adds together the cost of all your artefacts and then calculates the tradein value from that. Say, for example, that you have 10 artefact vials. Each vial trades in for 26 (40 * 2/3, rounded down), for a total tradein value of 260. But auction escrow build adds up the cost of the vials first, then multiplies by 2/3, giving 266 instead.
  • Ahhhhhh... That makes sense, it's counting an earring of sinope that isn't mine.. Interesting that you bid with the 533 credits an earring is worth, even if it isn't the master item that is redeemable.
  • Taryius said:
    What exactly does auction escrow count? I though it was the redeem value of all your credits, but it seems otherwise I have an escrow of 700 with 250cr worth of arties.
    It counts the values of lessons that have been paid for with credits as well, p-sure.
  • Talroth said:
    Taryius said:
    It counts the values of lessons that have been paid for with credits as well, p-sure.
    I know retire value does, but I don't auction escrow does as you can't turn lessons back into credits to bid on the auctions
  • The earring thing is a bug that's existed for a long time. It should only count things you can actually trade in.

It doesn't count lessons or anything like retire value. It's just how many credits you can get by trading in all your arties, but erroneously counts all earrings as owned.

• Do crits proc'd off battlerage attacks count towards your overall crit rate, or is that a separate crit rate?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    All the same, Renek.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."