Quick Questions

Comments

• Krypton said:
    Don't get me wrong, that was a quick question... But wouldn't just testing SETALIAS XYZ in realms be even quicker? :tongue:

(Also ALIAS SHOW XYZ.)
    I tried, and still see people doing clearalias, so I was wondering if it carries some benefits... Good to know it's the same.
  • regarding HELP PETS:

OVERSIZED CREATURES: Pets cannot be oversized versions of their normal selves.
    So, a snail may not be the size of a horse. In essence, you will never be able to
    mount something that is not intended to be mounted.

Does this include things that are oversized already, such as spiders? I understand not being able to have an oversized fly since they don't exist AFAIK, but since gargantuan spiders/lachesis et al already exist, is this ok?
  • Giant spiders are ok.

It's when it becomes giant spiders with wings that it becomes creepy.

I remember an announce some years ago concer ing this. Apparently the idea of throwing wings on anything became frowned upon. Did it end with a winged turtle? Not sure
  • Minifie said:
    regarding HELP PETS:

So, a snail may not be the size of a horse. In essence, you will never be able to

Does this include things that are oversized already, such as spiders? I understand not being able to have an oversized fly since they don't exist AFAIK, but since gargantuan spiders/lachesis et al already exist, is this ok?
    funny thing is... size is ain't a thing in game, just a cosmetic  'size'.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • I have no intentions of putting wings on a spider :P
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Interesting. I think Dodder has a giant flying butterfly (possibly a mount)? Lots of flying animals that don't have wings IRL... rams, wolves, wildcats, etc. Giant toads/frogs that are mounts (not only customs, but even a crated giant toad). It might really depend on the admin at the time who is handling the customisation.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    They probably have an updated SOP on pets, a lot of the random winged pets are much older pets.

I'm given to understand that if you request a package pet who doesn't fit all the add-ons listed (mountable size/flying/whatever), they might offer you something else in equivalent value like more reactions. 

• thanks for the answers! I just didn't want to waste admins time putting it all together for them to go "yeah nah no giant spiders" and have Nicola spray me with bug spray or a giant shoe or something.
  • So here is the spider in question:

A gargantuan black and crimson widow spider

Fangs reared, a foreboding widow waits here.

Inspiring a sense of dread, this widow spider holds court over its surroundings, alert to any signs of movement. Eight spindly legs protrude from its demanding carapace, each one lined with long, fine hairs. Nestled horrifically between its palp are two foreboding fangs, thick, long and dripping with acidic taint. Ever watching, the eight eyes of this monstrosity line the outer of its skull. A single crimson stain marks the back of the abdomen, ending just above two spinnerets, webbing seeping in preparation of its next trap.

Its eyes scrutinising everything, a gargantuan widow enters from the $dir

I am not a writer or anything, but I'm going for the 1250 package w/ amnesia, or custom attack message involving a massive bite on the shoulder or something. How do the custom emotes and stuff work? Does the pet just do them from time to time or do I make it do it with commands?  
  • Not only do we have giant spiders in areas, we also historically have had giant spider mount riders. Ya fine
  • Minifie said:
    regarding HELP PETS:

Tsol'dasi ride spiders.
  • You could also probably send an email ahead of time to check and see if an idea would make it through before designing.
  • How long does it take for customisations@achaea.com take to respond in email? Sent off something just about five days ago, and I'm feeling impish due to it being somewhat time sensitive. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kythra said:
    How long does it take for customisations@achaea.com take to respond in email? Sent off something just about five days ago, and I'm feeling impish due to it being somewhat time sensitive. 
    It largely depends on whatever else is going on at the time! You should get a response within a couple of days but if it reaches five days with no reply, I always do a follow-up message to Nicola or Makarios to ask about it so at least I know it's been seen.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Kayeil @Minifie

Just happened to see this!

Nalah, a moonlight butterfly

Shining with eerie incandescence, a moonlight butterfly patiently rests here, her glazed, bulbous black eyes surveying the area warily. Bathing the area with a soft, silvery light, the butterfly's two pairs of wings beat rhythmically to an unheard adagio while ethereal tendrils cascade about her, gently brushing against the ground as they fade in and out of existence. Shot with varying hues of grey, her magnificent, translucent forewings gleam ominously and are splashed with an array of sea green hues that merge with slicks of lustrous blue across their length before terminating at silver-rimmed edges. Though much smaller in size and shape, the fine structure of her hind-wings are even more pronounced, with an intricate web of veins, their scaled planes tinted with a smoky shade of grey. Her large, indistinct figure seems comfortable enough to mount a single rider, though no true detail can be discerned in the majestic shadow of her mesmerising wings.
    Nalah, a moonlight butterfly is a humble-looking creature.

She is mountable as a legendary steed.

• So prettyful!
  • Trying to set my own custom prompt, but I can't seem to get the modules to show up for what I want. Basically, I want it to be the base prompt, plus rage and target health on the end. Here's the command I'm using:

config prompt custom *hh, *mm, *ee, *ww, *ww, *b*d *T *R

Here's what the prompt looks like:

2740h, 2690m, 11252e, 11685w, -

I've went bashing as a test, but I didn't notice any change, even after I hit something. The file says it should update for my target, even if I don't use the setalias command. It's also not not showing my rage now. Anyone have any idea why?
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    How does avoidance work?

I trans'd it several years ago, but I can't remember ever successfully dodging any attacks during that time. Do you have to have fairly high DEX for it to be useful?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Avoidance gives the equivalent of +1 dex per skillrank, in terms of dodging.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Plus up to 13.something% physical damage reduction.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Adrak said:
    Trying to set my own custom prompt, but I can't seem to get the modules to show up for what I want. Basically, I want it to be the base prompt, plus rage and target health on the end. Here's the command I'm using:

config prompt custom *hh, *mm, *ee, *ww, *ww, *b*d *T *R

Here's what the prompt looks like:

2740h, 2690m, 11252e, 11685w, -

I've went bashing as a test, but I didn't notice any change, even after I hit something. The file says it should update for my target, even if I don't use the setalias command. It's also not not showing my rage now. Anyone have any idea why?

Do you have a secondary set of scripts that would put it's own prompt, such as SVOF? If so, these overwrite the base serverside prompts.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • 2017/04/05 08:53:06 - Klendathu > Thraasi: Deliver 10 tabac to Thraasi Harbour in return for a
    golden gryphon. (ship).

Does anyone know if this is like, a mount, or is it a figurehead or what??

• Bann said:
    2017/04/05 08:53:06 - Klendathu > Thraasi: Deliver 10 tabac to Thraasi Harbour in return for a
    golden gryphon. (ship).

Does anyone know if this is like, a mount, or is it a figurehead or what??
    It's a mount! Collared too I think.
  • It isn't collared.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• @Omor No. I'm just using serverside curing. No scripts that would otherwise interfere either.

@Bann It's a non-collared legendary steed, iirc. It can fly too I believe.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited April 2017
    Flying, un-collared, legendary.

Does not come in a crate (i.e., immediately loyal to you when you complete trade deal), but you can STEEDTRADE it.
  • @Adrak hrm, should be working then. My best guess is to try reloading whatever program you're using (I always assume Mudlet, but that may not be true), but you've probably already done that..
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Can anyone tell me, with a little more experience with artefact armour, what paragon is useful for serpents? I plan to buy two of them, but not entirely certain which ones? Should I just get the cutting & blunt paragons? 

• Hi I'm coming from another IRE with a bunch of retirement credits and just had a couple questions that I'm sure have probably been answered somewhere on here.

Three quick questions from me:

1. What's the total number of lessons required to omni-trans all skills for one class.

2. I've been informed that for PvP, Runewarden is probably the cheapest class to be half-decent with on a budget. Would the general opinion be that's accurate or am I better off going with something else.

3. Are there any artefacts that are "must-have" items for PvP?

Basically I'm most interested in coming to Achaea because of the big player-base and the complex PvP but I'm a little concerned with how many skills, artefacts etc there are it might be a bit expensive and I might be better off in another one of the IREs.