Quick Questions

Comments

• Jurixe said:
    Kayeil said:
    Can someone please explain item interactions when it comes to emoting? I keep trying to play around with it by eating food, but when I do it'll either just eat the food like normal with no emote, or it will emote all the emoting code with @thing and all. Clearly doing something wrong here, and no matter how many different ways I try this it is still not functioning properly.
    You won't be able to customise item interactions with a good number of things - eating is likely one of them. I don't think there's a comprehensive list anywhere, or if there is I don't know about it, so you'll just have to test it out, I'm afraid. The most common ones I use are give/drop/put and sheathe/draw. 
    Going back to your sheathe/draw comment. Do you know if its possible for me to draw left and right hand scimitars with one emote? If not then its not any less spammy/creative than just drawing/sheathing without emote. As far as I can tell I can't do DRAW SCIMITAR LEFT(whatever your command separator is)DRAW SCIMITAR RIGHT: <emote>.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Kogan said:
    Jurixe said:
    Kayeil said:
    Can someone please explain item interactions when it comes to emoting? I keep trying to play around with it by eating food, but when I do it'll either just eat the food like normal with no emote, or it will emote all the emoting code with @thing and all. Clearly doing something wrong here, and no matter how many different ways I try this it is still not functioning properly.
    You won't be able to customise item interactions with a good number of things - eating is likely one of them. I don't think there's a comprehensive list anywhere, or if there is I don't know about it, so you'll just have to test it out, I'm afraid. The most common ones I use are give/drop/put and sheathe/draw. 
    Going back to your sheathe/draw comment. Do you know if its possible for me to draw left and right hand scimitars with one emote? If not then its not any less spammy/creative than just drawing/sheathing without emote. As far as I can tell I can't do DRAW SCIMITAR LEFT(whatever your command separator is)DRAW SCIMITAR RIGHT: <emote>.
    I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do combo emotes like that, but if you're successful do let me know!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited March 2017
    Kogan said:
    Jurixe said:
    Kayeil said:
    Have you tried:

DRAW (lefthandscimitar) (righthandscimitar):(emote all that good shizzle)

I don't know if you can draw both hands, it works for wield AFAIK

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Have you tried:

I just tested and does not seem its possible. It will draw the first item # but not the 2nd. Also you run into another issue when trying to make the emote anyways. That being that @thing is required. As is @container. My @thing being "a Scimitar of Hawks". Not sure its possible to emphasize that both were drawn without it looking silly as is... doing @thing's would just give you "a scimitar of Hawks's" I believe. So not sure how you'd designate it as plural. Would be nice to get a little more freedom in how we're allowed to emote/interact with items with the hopes that people are responsible enough to use it wisely.
  • edited March 2017
    @Kogan Try DRAW 2 SCIMITAR:(emote)? I know it works for other stuff (DROP 5 CAKE:lazily drops @thing will display as Mathilda lazily drops 5 pieces of cake., with 'a piece of cake' being the singular shortdesc of the @thing.)

edit: With that said, maybe the incorrect pluralization of a Scimitar of Hawks (a Scimitar of Hawkss vs Scimitars of Hawk, or whatever) is a typo, and can be reported as such.
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    @Kogan Try DRAW 2 SCIMITAR:(emote)? I know it works for other stuff (DROP 5 CAKE:lazily drops @thing will display as Mathilda lazily drops 5 pieces of cake., with 'a piece of cake' being the singular shortdesc of the @thing.)

edit: With that said, maybe the incorrect pluralization of a Scimitar of Hawks (a Scimitar of Hawkss vs Scimitars of Hawk, or whatever) is a typo, and can be reported as such.
    It works with DROP because you can drop multiple items. You can't WIELD or DRAW multiple items, as far as I know. (Before anybody says "But WIELD item1 item2!", see below.)
    Klendathu said:
    Kogan said:
    Jurixe said:
    Kayeil said:
    Have you tried:

Kind of. WIELD thing thing2 is just a shorthand, it's still actually executing two wield commands (in addition to any required UNWIELDs first), with two lines of output. I would be extremely surprised if it worked with custom emotes.

@Kogan Best you can do is file an IDEA about this, and hope it doesn't sit apparently unlooked at for the next 5+ years.
  • edited March 2017
    Antonius said:

@Kogan Best you can do is file an IDEA about this, and hope it doesn't sit apparently unlooked at for the next 5+ years.
    Easiest solution would be to allow to draw both at once. Wield #### #### will already work if your weapon is sheathed. Will draw both and wield for you. Problem with that is you can't use wield as a verb for emoting it seems. I can find a way around the emoting limitations themselves on wording. "draws @thing into each hand from @container" as a rough example. Limitations on draw/sheathe are killing this more than anything. Its good for multiple reasons to allow it. RP, creativity, eliminate some of the 4-6 lines of eqbal sheathe spam shenanigans, etc. I honestly can't think of a solid reason why we currently can't draw both at once.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Makarios once said wielding emotes were planned to go in at some point. Can we haz them yet?  :s

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Vadik said:
    Speaking of furnishings, is there a definitive on whether you can or cannot place them in a ship cabin? I've heard mixed information so far.
    You can't in the cabin proper, as it's not a housing room. You can in the cabin expansion built with room credits.

• What has everyone been selling these new talismans for? I ended up with a bunch but no full sets and was thinking about just selling them. That's the only downside to talismans - the random factor. Of course I've never been a gambler.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/mdIsh0bo

Aren't soulfire crucibles supposed to stop working if the person who activates them dies to it.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    No, it just disappears shortly after the owner's death, as it did here, 2 seconds after the death.
  • Frederich said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/mdIsh0bo

Aren't soulfire crucibles supposed to stop working if the person who activates them dies to it.
    You need Revelation guise. I have one for sale. 
  • Ismay said:
    Ok, so I'm looking to add a second class and was wondering which would work well with my current stats, race, arties, etc.

Race - Xoran

Stats  - str 17, int 11, dex 11, con 15

Non-Misc Arties - lvl 2 bracelet, circlet, lvl 2 armband of the fist, lvl 2 belt, lvl 2 gauntlets, intellect crown, and lvl 3 knuckles.

Traits - improved physique, nimble, and aim to kill

Obviously, I play a monk. I'm looking for something that has a -lot- of raid/group fight use. I'm not that interested in 1v1. Good utility is also a plus.

I'm dying to do magi, but I don't think I'm set up for that with this race/artie combo. No way I'm trading any arties in, and I'm not looking to change race.

Magi doesn't need any magi-specific arties, and I play xoran magi. If it's what you want, go for it.
  • You do need an EQ artie
  • When it comes to traits and racial spec you get pick a new one for each class I'm pretty sure I did with my alchemist class
  • Aegoth said:
    You do need an EQ artie
    This isn't really magi-specific, though. Every class benefits from the diadem, especially the monk. It's a pro-tier choice even as a knight that doesn't rely on equilibrium. 
  • The solution, obviously, is to make it a magi-only artie
  • Now I really have to do magi cause I need a class that can use mounts, since I got a nice one from @Tiamat. Thanks, Tiamat!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Go Runewarden and vault with no balance cost!

• Or Paladin for that super sexy Damnation kill.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Or Infernal for that gruesome, satisfying Vivisect kill.
  • I can count on two hands and maybe a foot the amount of people that I've seen damned. Vivisect has a simple counter that can be scripted. 

Runewarden is the superior class. 

• Need more pallies to make our bloodsworn army. Though priests can do it together it just seems.... Wrong  :p
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Or, you know, buy spurs.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Dunn said:
    I can count on two hands and maybe a foot the amount of people that I've seen damned. Vivisect has a simple counter that can be scripted. 

Runewarden is the superior class. 
    It's a lot easier to damn now (targeted arc, smoke balance, hellsight insta proc), just no active paladin duelists now.  Paladin DSB also stronger than Infernals.  Paladins also pretty useful in group fights (defend/hands is amazing) but they don't stack well, the law of diminishing returns is especially steep for them when other devotionists are in play. 

Torinn said:
    Need more pallies to make our bloodsworn army. Though priests can do it together it just seems.... Wrong  :p
    How can two priests bloodswear... do they scissor?  Someone explain the mechanics of this unnatural union.
  • Why is Bloodswearing connotated with sex etc?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Why is Bloodswearing connotated with sex etc?
    Consecration sounds a lot like consummation if you say it really fast after having a few drinks.
  • Any devotion user can bloodswear with another now. Recent classless change I think? Doesn't need priest/pally any more. Just sayin it seems weird haha
  • Oops darn phone. Class change not classless change