Quick Questions

Comments

• Klendathu said:
    Was there a bonus to the tradein value of complete death talismans? I have a complete vulturetalon and complete deathdummy, and don't want to mess up if there is!

if so, how does one claim it?
    I don't think any of the talismans from the Death set have tradein values when completed. I'll check in a couple of hours when I'm home, but I would have traded them in if it was possible, and I'm pretty sure I haven't done so.
  • edited March 2017
    My cape doesn't have any tradein value, so I'd assume none of them do.

Trading in a completed talisman is the same as trading in an artefact: ARTEFACT <id> TRADEIN
  • Can confirm none of the Death set has tradein values. GG on my scythe though, I guess.

• edited March 2017
    never mind
  • What do the letters from the current stationery kit look like?
  • Why is there not an IRE forum for members of all IRE MUDs?

• Borran said:
    Why is there not an IRE forum for members of all IRE MUDs?
    Because that would be an utter clusterfuck.

• You don'[t want to spend too much time with the Lusternian playerbase...  :s 
     <3 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sena said:
    What do the letters from the current stationery kit look like?
    a letter of pale vellum

Bearing a stark whiteness surpassing that of even the most fastidiously bleached parchment, the 
    sheer, bone-white hue of this letter's vellum surface strikes out at the eye. Bordered with an 
    embossed impression of shifting, fumous shadows rubbed with lines of charcoal, the very missive 
    resembles that of an obsidian portal peering into the light of day.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Mathilda said:
    You don'[t want to spend too much time with the Lusternian playerbase...  :s 
    To be fair: You don't wanna spend much time with... Any of IRE's playerbase, really. The reasons for it are hardly limited to just Lusternia.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Ryzeth said:
    Mathilda said:
    You don'[t want to spend too much time with the Lusternian playerbase...  :s 
    To be fair: You don't wanna spend much time with... Any of IRE's playerbase, really. The reasons for it are hardly limited to just Lusternia.
    Damn, dude. We're not -that- bad. Haha.
  • Even in Evil, there -are- such things as manners, you filthy troglodyte. 
  • All is fair in love and oreos, CARPE DIEM!
  • edited March 2017
    Oreos aren't even that good. They're just burnt biscuits, filled with "cream" of god-knows-what-origin.

Jeslyn said:
    Damn, dude. We're not -that- bad. Haha.
    Incorrect.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Oreos aren't even that good. They're just burnt biscuits, filled with "cream" of god-knows-what-origin.
    When I first read this, my half-awake brain read "Occies", not "Oreos", and I was very confused.
  • I'll be the first to admit that the Occie house had some odd hazing rituals, but that's pushing it man. 

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    Aodfionn said:
    Anedhel said:
    Speak for yourself. Today, an unwitting vict- er... coworker was eating some oreos, and left to do something, and I totally ate the last one and didn't fess up. I've legit felt bad all day :(
    weak

strength through double-stuffering
    I legitimately hate you right now!
  • edited March 2017
    Does anyone know if the class switch cooldown bonus is attained upon gaining the 5th class slot, or the 6th class slot?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    When you get your 6th class.
  • You have to tri-Trans whatever class number is required, not just take a class in that slot.
  • Hi!

Does anyone know what the hunting differences would be between Blademaster, Alchemist and Shaman at around level 90, assuming no artefacts at all, and playing as a Xorani?
  • Kalila said:
    Hi!

Does anyone know what the hunting differences would be between Blademaster, Alchemist and Shaman at around level 90, assuming no artefacts at all, and playing as a Xorani?
    For those three in particular, it'd likely be about even. If you're wanting to fight, Alchemist would be the worse of the three, since they have to take a different trait than what they fight with. (nimble vs quick-witted).

Nowadays, unartied completely, I'd probably say Blademaster would be the best of the three, with Shaman/Alchemist relatively close behind (in that order).
  • Alchemist hunting is awesome. You can go con spec. Mercury and sulphur let's you sip extra. Extispicy increases your crit rate, this alone make hunting so quick. It's DoT battlerage is one of the best. You can also use enhancement to boost health. Or petrifying to boost resistance. You also have endorphin that ticks health regeneration. And bolster to full health in emergency context. Way to many utilities for hunting. You really want human for crit bonus, add in extispicy you crit like mad. 
  • Alchemist is really great defensively (though constant formulation use can get expensive), but it's pretty lacking offensively. Unartied, I'd probably choose alchemist over blademaster or shaman, but the others will be faster-paced both in terms of killing speed and general "feel".
  • edited March 2017
    Ryzeth said:
    Kalila said:
    Hi!

For those three in particular, it'd likely be about even. If you're wanting to fight, Alchemist would be the worse of the three, since they have to take a different trait than what they fight with. (nimble vs quick-witted).

Nowadays, unartied completely, I'd probably say Blademaster would be the best of the three, with Shaman/Alchemist relatively close behind (in that order).
    Alchie doesn't need an arty to work. Being able to con-spec, enhancement / petrify, wears scalemail makes it very tanky. Add extispicy (like free crit arty), I think alchie is the cheapest best of the 3. Having to spec QW is one thing, it's still perfectly fine to spec Nimble for fights while hunt a little slower. Overall DPS even without speccing QW is respectable, add the DoT and crit procs it's the best DPSs among the 3. I great hunted into leaderboard in Y700 mainly with human Alchie and Black Dragon (against bosses-type).
  • This didn't used to be the case, but now I cannot journal for any amount of time more than around 2 minutes without getting kicked out of the game and having to reconnect. It's the same with letters, any time I enter the editor. It's nearly impossible for me to edit any decent size amount of text because by the time I'm done and save, I end up losing it all due to being kicked.

Timeout config isn't the problem. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    This didn't used to be the case, but now I cannot journal for any amount of time more than around 2 minutes without getting kicked out of the game and having to reconnect. It's the same with letters, any time I enter the editor. It's nearly impossible for me to edit any decent size amount of text because by the time I'm done and save, I end up losing it all due to being kicked.

Timeout config isn't the problem. Is anyone else having issues with this?
    you might want to save your work on notepad or your preferred app you use. So you don't lose your work.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Thanks a lot for the tips and notes, @Dochitha, @Sena, @Ryzeth.

I'd only be able to dualtrans, and probably favoring physiology and alchemy over formulation, so I'm guessing that's a real drawback then.