Achaea - an Animated Introduction

I've been working with an animation house to put together an animated introduction to Achaea, and we just finished! Enjoy!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    At 0:10 why does the guy on the left center(that's fighting) have down's syndrome?

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    edited January 2014
    Starring Silas as the "king"...he should be shirtless though.

(I think this is awesome! Incredibly impressed...maybe the narrator could have a more 'fantastical' voice...raspy like a seer, dreamy like an oracle...not just a dude talking.)
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • = S--@h99,H99,CE100%,W<-SE@4kts,C/S->SE@0,III
    8690h, 7381m, 32386e, 26004w cexdb-hoist the flag
    You need to be gracing the skies, Shapechanger.

• I like it. 

It's kinda sad we didn't have some of these new marketing things back 10 years ago. 
  • edited January 2014
    Back in my day.....

Edit: But actual constructive comment: this is cool and stuff. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Neat intro, will this be replacing the current youtube vid on achaea.com?
    Marax said:
    (I think this is awesome! Incredibly impressed...maybe the narrator could have a more 'fantastical' voice...raspy like a seer, dreamy like an oracle...not just a dude talking.)
    Sounds foreign enough to most of us that its exotic.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    @Nemutaur I want to hear your IRL voice.

Have a feeling weird things would happen to me.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • Nemutaur said:
    Neat intro, will this be replacing the current youtube vid on achaea.com?
    It will, yes. We'll be doing a series of short tutorial videos that actually show people how to use the client and start interacting with the game.
  • Achaea: "Gameplay so intense, you'll dragonform in front of your laptop. (Or your money back (But not really.).)"
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • We should be allowed to upload several achaean pics (such as the ones we just saw in the vid) to our profiles (With the addition of uploading your own unique pic with a purchase :O). Would make the whole "no graphics" thing, alittle less. I SAID ALITTLE!
  • Seems like it could be potentially misleading, but I like it!
  • Asmodron said:
    We should be allowed to upload several achaean pics (such as the ones we just saw in the vid) to our profiles (With the addition of uploading your own unique pic with a purchase :O). Would make the whole "no graphics" thing, alittle less. I SAID ALITTLE!
    What about simply using forum avatars? Somehow.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • aww all that Knight imagery makes me miss the Templar House :(

cool little video though!
  • Wysteria said:
    Not much rep of the forestal faction but not too shabby!
    They were only mentioning major cities. Villages dont count.
  • Needs more vivisect.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Marax said:
    Starring Silas as the "king"...he should be shirtless though.

For one, when I saw the king I too saw Silas. And then me waving my hand in the crowd. But on a more serious note, I agree with your thoughts on the voice. I would rather here @Sarapis again, I thought your voice was excellent in the last video. It had the perfect tone and everything, something about it got me amped up. This one is like I'm watching a video on global warming or something.. But I like the graphics better in this one, much more entertaining compared the last one which for the most part, was an intense slideshow. Good work you guys! 
  • This. Changes. Everything.

But really, awesome job :D
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Rawr, first youtube post! Then again, commenting on youtube isn't something to proud of.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Where was my crown when I was Imperiate? :(

Seriously, very cool. I'm also of the opinion that if someone watches this and thinks that that's what the graphics will be like in-game, then they likely won't find Achaea all that interesting in the first place.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited January 2014
    Some time back I showed a coworker some of the news posts that summed up the Bal'met saga.  In fairness, he'd actually dabbled in Achaea himself some years back - it's a small, nerdy world I live in.  Once I knew that he was a former Achaean, I knew I had to get him playing again!  Having read the posts, he was genuinely, completely floored by the epic story telling and production values, and has had a new, active character for some time now.  If you presented some portion of the Bal'met saga with a tip of the hat to Star Wars (evoking the idea of an epic tale that needs an epic text introduction without sliding into a caricature of Star Wars and/or legal hot water) and use appropriate music, possibly a few sound effects, you might attract just the right people who will be interested and stick around a bit.  And as people are already reading, and won't be so shocked to see that Achaea is a text MUD (what's that!)?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    That looks so cool. I am horrified about how ugly generic fullplate is though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited January 2014
    Kyrra said:
    That looks so cool. I am horrified about how ugly generic fullplate is though.
    Pretty and effective are at pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum in war. ;)

(Which isn't to suggest that any of our images are actually designed for effectiveness in some kind of real war!)