Enemies/opponents dying

You reach over to comfort Atalkez as he falls to the level of Celestial.

No offense @Atalkez...but I doubt all the people at the Gates reached over and comforted you. I know it's a small idea, but maybe only have this message for allies/citymates/something. 

Something as neutral as: You notice that $person has fallen to the level of $stilltoohigh.

I think a message for enemies would be awesome: You sneer upon realizing that $person has fallen to the level $that'sbetter.

First idea, just a surface one...don't hate too hard.
(<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."

Comments

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Point taken. It definitely won't bother me now!
  • I actually thought the same thing when I read a log on the forums the other day. I wouldn't mind a more neutral message but it's also not high on my list of concerns.
  • Seems like a simple enough change. I like it.

Trigger emote before they embrace.
  • @Xith I like it, except for the problem with starbursts.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Hrm. Implementing now:

Trigger: ^You reach over to comfort (\w+) as \w+ falls to the level of (.*)\.$
    Script:
    deleteLine()
    if ndb.isenemy(matches[2]) then
    echo("You sneer upon realizing that " .. matches[2] .. " has fallen to the level of " .. matches[3] .. ".\n")
    else
    echo("You notice that " .. matches[2] .. " has fallen to the level of " .. matches[3] .. ".\n")
    end
    @Nizaris, is that okay to put in svo? Or would it be svo.isenemy(matches[2])?
  • Melodie said:

For your information, Eleusis has more baked goods than Cyrene has. It has been so for a while.

The accept dumb thing to say would be more along the lines of "RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!"

At least if you're going to be insulting, make it relevant!

It was obvious sarcasm. Not an insult

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    So was mine. I probably should have added a :P for sarcasm indicator.

Sorry if it sounded punchy, not a morning person!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:

So was mine. I probably should have added a :P for sarcasm indicator.

Sorry if it sounded punchy, not a morning person!

It's all good :D

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • This abundance of placability is absolutely disgusting. These are the Achaean forums.

Ashtan is full of idiots.
  • Iocun said:

This abundance of placability is absolutely disgusting. These are the Achaean forums.

Need more douchebaggery?

• Clearly, we need a message that as is inspiring as this:

• Atalkez said:
    This abundance of placability is absolutely disgusting. These are the Achaean forums.

Need more douchebaggery?
    Bring it on, Ashtani scum.
  • Do we even need to know when people lose levels? Why don't we just remove the third person message altogether?
    Agree with @Tahquil, how does one see "losing a level"? I get the suspension of disbelief, been on IRE so long it affects me IRL, but *why*?
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited January 2014
    Marax said:
    @Nizaris, is that okay to put in svo? Or would it be svo.isenemy(matches[2])?
    @Marax: ndb.isenemy() is an Svo function, part of the NameDB package.

There are quite a few useful functions in it, and I use it for all sorts of things, like auto-teaching only Mhaldorians, and reporting demon presences to party that are not Mhaldorians.

• Iocun said:

And one fool.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • So who's the fool?

This discussion has been closed.