IronCon 2014 - Possible Cancellation

Comments

Uh..... He said no and not to wake him up so early after nightshift.
  • edited February 2014
    Also I was looking for youtube vids with dancing orangutans and found this.

• Bought my ticket. Glad we had the extention, I was not even on my computer the duration of my leave. Forgot about it! But yes, have purchased ticket now.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    So we've got to be at, at least 30 tickets sold now?  C'mon. 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Ok, we're on the home stretch - 10 more tickets in 8 days! 

I'll tell you what, if we get the tickets by next Friday, I'll run double experience for the entire weekend. Let's make this happen (if only for Tahquil's sake)!
  • edited February 2014
    Rumor is there's a special secret tier going to implemented for everyone (but Penwize) that brought tickets. It's called The-super-awesome-ticket-buyers-tier-that-is-strictly-Penwizeless.... And the prize is Sapience.
  • Is it because Penwize gets this?

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • My next paycheck's Thursday. I'll have enough then. Thank you so much for the extension.

I have undressed a god.

• Any news?

• Cancellation announcement forthcoming I'm afraid.  :(
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    :((
  • Yeah, sucks, but maybe IronCon is meant to be a biannual event.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sarapis said:
    Yeah, sucks, but maybe IronCon is meant to be a biannual event.
    I said that earlier today on an OOC clan.  Should be on odd number years while we're at it to avoid World Cup and the Summer Olympics.
  • KeiKei
    edited February 2014
    Well...shit.  =((

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Truly, Truly a shame. I had really hoped to meet the lot of you that didn't live in Asia.

This time around, everyone get a jar.

Now put 4 quarters a day in the jar.

You will be able to afford ironcon and likely a flight assuming you are in the US, then you can mooch off the rich achaeans.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • @Sarapis Out of curiosity how close were we to the required 50 tickets for it to go ahead?

It's a shame that it's not happening again this year since last year was really good, but hopefully people who are interested in going and couldn't afford it for whatever reason will be in a better position when tickets go on sale at the end of this year. My major concern was that the lack of solid commitment this year would put you off even trying to run it next year, but sounds like that won't be the case.
  • I'm already saving for next year. "Donating" plasma once a week for it.
  • Totally down for next year. Probably.
  • The con was an attractive prospect, but the flights from where I live rule it out as a possibility.  Maybe in a couple years.
  • Antonius said:
    @Sarapis Out of curiosity how close were we to the required 50 tickets for it to go ahead? It's a shame that it's not happening again this year since last year was really good, but hopefully people who are interested in going and couldn't afford it for whatever reason will be in a better position when tickets go on sale at the end of this year. My major concern was that the lack of solid commitment this year would put you off even trying to run it next year, but sounds like that won't be the case.
    We sold exactly 40 tickets. Tecton's comment earlier was a misunderstanding based on a conversation with Jeremy where it was decided that if we got to 45 we could possibly look at extending the deadline.

Anyway, too bad, but c'est la vie! Next time!

• Barring a minor/major miracle this was really the only Ironcon I think I would be able to make as I would be on the same continent at the time.

To everyone who didn't buy tickets. I'm not angry, just disappointed.

• So, who wants to pitch into the "Get @Tahquil to IronCon 2015" fund?

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I was going to make a video with lots of sighing and passive agression, but none of you bastards want to see me.

-sniffles, wails, then runs off crying-

• ValdusValdus Australia
    I know how Tahquil feels, being as I am also in Australia. It's a HUGE trek to go across the world. Thousands of dollars in costs.

I will try to make it next year. Hell, if I am able, I'll buy extra tickets just to make the thing happen if I end up being able to go.

Viva la Bluef.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    If it's any consolation, at least your currency is comparative to America's. Mine is three times or more less. :(

Sorry to hear it didn't happen this time around, I know a lot of people were disappointed. I don't know if I'll be able to make the next one (if it happens), but I'll certainly try! Maybe I'll be in a better financial position by then.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited February 2014
    Unfortunate! Won't be making next year. Was disappointed that it didn't happen this year either, since like @Tahquil, I would be on the same continent around the same time.

Ah well!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited February 2014
    You all should come to Cedar Pt with us instead -cough cough- Or Ann Arbor! or whatever we end up doing. 

But yeah.. sorry, Ironcon would be in the middle of moving and school :< Maybe next year? :>
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.