Jester Reskins

13»

Comments

• The day Jesters can legitimately pull off something like Cicero (Skyrim) or Shaco (League of Legends) will be a good day, in my opinion.
  • I don't play LoL so I can't speak to that, but Jesters right now can pull off Cicero. He is completely insane, driven there by the silence of the Night Mother when he believes she should be talking to him.

Insane evil jester fits perfectly fine with the flavour of the class as it currently is. Sane anything-other-than-neutral jester doesn't fit the flavour, but insane fits it perfectly.
  • Accipiter said:
    I don't play LoL so I can't speak to that, but Jesters right now can pull off Cicero. He is completely insane, driven there by the silence of the Night Mother when he believes she should be talking to him.

Insane evil jester fits perfectly fine with the flavour of the class as it currently is. Sane anything-other-than-neutral jester doesn't fit the flavour, but insane fits it perfectly.
    Playing being evil aligned and actually having the mechanics to go with it are two very different things. Currently, trying to play a jester like, for example, the Joker from Batman, just isnt viable with the current gimmicky abilities presented. (Go bop him on the head! mwahahha). No -,-
  • Depends which joker certain versions would fit jesters well, others not as much
  • I honestly think, that Jester could use a few fix ups, but it's a terribly fun class. Every kill is ten times more satisfying than when I was monk, being a lot more useful in group combat is more satisfying than being a monk.

I think, that Jester can fit however you want it to be, Naah could be an Evil and an evil Jester. I don't use the giraffe because lets face it.
    WORST. MOUNT. EVER. I can get swept kicked off of it, when this thing can put me into trees. HOW?!
    I just use the chariot, wield a puppet, and always have a hand on my deck aliases, in service to Lord Sartan she will always remain, and I don't really see anything comedic about how she kills people. Summoning a devil, puncturing a puppet, summoning death, and the jack in the boxes (which are the most disturbing things ever) I think if you have the proper roleplay enviroment, Jester is one of the funner classes.
  • Asmodron said:
    Accipiter said:
    I don't play LoL so I can't speak to that, but Jesters right now can pull off Cicero. He is completely insane, driven there by the silence of the Night Mother when he believes she should be talking to him.

Playing being evil aligned and actually having the mechanics to go with it are two very different things. Currently, trying to play a jester like, for example, the Joker from Batman, just isnt viable with the current gimmicky abilities presented. (Go bop him on the head! mwahahha). No -,-

Actually, Joker from Batman fits very well with the current Jester flavour. Heath Ledger Joker from The Dark Knight doesn't fit, but Joker from the majority of the comics, the Jack Nicholson Joker from the Tim Burton Batman, the Joker from the 90s cartoon, the Joker from the 60s TV series would all be fine with bopping someone on the head, tossing bananas while hooting like a monkey, yelling run away while riding an inflatable giraffe (which is very nearly what happens in the Tim Burton film anyway).
  • Why isn't this thread about jesters wearing other people's skins?  
  • edited March 2014
    Bluef said:

Soulfyriani said: I think @Blujixapug‌ had an idea with merit. In Celtic/Germanic mythology dating back to the earliest of their spoken histories, the faery realm had an immense impact on their day-to-day, and the beings from that realm were known for their generally mischievous nature. Also, the sheer massiveness of the amount of fae creatures across the general scale of good/evil would allow a large measure of RP correctness between say a CIJ jester and a Mhaldorian trickster/murderer. Fae creatures were sometimes despicably evil, other times interloping pranksters, and still other times legitimately good beings. And it wouldn't make Jesters 'fae summoners' because they shouldn't be able to 'bind' or 'summon' them, just petition for help. It could even open a new way to separate house specific animal mounts based on the type of fae critter an evil Jester would petition as opposed to a good one (Brownies/Pixies for example, mind the change needed because there are pixies in Minia).
    I've played Lusternia where fae summoning is built into classes like Wiccan, where one class can summon all the above and without them being inherently good or evil (just factionalized into one territory). Maybe it's that roleplay experience that prevents me from getting on board with the fae suddenly having some inherent connection to jesters, but I could definitely see a neat series of roleplay events that could help bring that into being naturally due to the fairies, sprites, etc. of Annwyn being those who are known to play puckish games on the inhabitants of Sapience. It's certainly more in line with anything else I've read here recently about jester reskins. 

What about neutral jesters who aren't good or evil though; for example the CIJ or those individual players who choose to be inherently neutral in their roleplay?

The cool thing about that particular way of explaining it is that there are tons of faery types that fit neutral, more whimsical ways of mischief and can never be counted on to be good or evil for any length of time. Seriously, depending on geography, there are more names for various faery spirits than I can list. Also, see the good movie 'Harvey' which follows a man who is chosen by a pooka(sp) which can take various animal forms and maybe explain the jester mounts.

Edit: @Bluef I can't figure the code to make your quoted text appear quoted, but you get the drift.
  • Sobriquet said:
    Boosteya said:
    I happen to LIKE silly. And Silly (by which I mean @Sillias).

I WOULD like to suggest a new Jester ability, which is silly:

GOODJOKE: Room effect, Stuns for about 1.5 seconds, chance of proning. (It's hard to stay upright when you're REALLY amused!) Possibly blocked by deafness?

Edit: I have pulled this off IRL many times.
    I dunno, I quite like the fact i type BJ and all the girls in the room slap me
    My alias too. I took it a step further.

Xith: "Who wants a BJ?"
    *nervous glances*
    Xith: "A badjoke?"
    *slap*
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Accipiter said:

Whereas I understand what you are saying, I would not say Cicero would fit too well with Jester as it currently is. Cicero is insane, and evil. I wouldn't call him 'silly' or wouldn't see him running around on a big pink giraffe balloon, for example.