League of Legends

Comments

• edited November 2016
    ...I'm kinda glad I didn't upgrade to the beta client... I honestly don't like the look of that victory screen :/

It looks so much like it used to when the game first came out: Horribly awful, and unfinished-looking.
  • Well, you do know that it's going to eventually be the client we use for live sometime next year, right? :P Better find the feedback board and input your feedback on it! I've already put in my feedback waaaay back in alpha on it. Not much has changed--so far--but it could yet.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I heard they're trying to move the client to a js framework so it'll act like a single page web app, but local to your PC instead. The look's very .NET to me, so I can see it making sense for what they're going for.

Climbing fast will require you to be better than the 9 other players in the game, but even if you climb 'slow' you'll still always go up even if your win rate's only 51%. The caveat here was promos kind of blocking that to some degree, but with the additional free win every time you enter, it becomes easier. Still sorta luck based - but sometimes you just have the be the one to carry the rest of your team out of the flaming mess that they've created and dump them into the flaming mess of the enemy base that you create. Over time, sometimes becomes most of the time, and suddenly you just jump up in rank.

If you get ranked anxiety (absolutely by no means uncommon), I find it helps to just get up and walk around and force yourself to focus on something else for a few minutes. Try and figure out just 1 thing you could have done better and that play will sit with you and you'll pull it off next time. If you consider how often people hover around 50% win rate, but are always on loss/win streaks as opposed to more alternating W/L games, you'll see how badly you can tilt yourself even if you don't think you have.
  • edited November 2016
    It's not just ranked anxiety for me, it's anxiety in general. It's been getting worse the last two years, first brought to real light when I went into a full blown panic attack. Though I was having a heart attack or something. Which for someone with heart problems(WPW) was a very real concern and possibility.

Anyway, yeah, for the end of season, I just didn't feel like trying to force myself to keep playing with a time constraint constantly looming was healthy for me. I didn't -need- gold, it wouldn't been nice, but it wasn't really worthy any extra stress I put myself through unnecessarily. :-3
  • If anyone is in Asia, hit me up.  I main jungle, but play everything but top pretty well.

Japan region: 
    Ernaem
  • ahh the new Warwick makes me so happpyyy. The running animation is so feral, I am going to eat soooo many faces!
  • Vallie said:
    ahh the new Warwick makes me so happpyyy. The running animation is so feral, I am going to eat soooo many faces!
    I'm just glad they kept a lot of his sustain in the rework, WW is the best jungler for new players to get comfortable in the jungle with.
  • edited January 2017
    @Elsam - warwick was my easy ticket to gold, and I always thought he felt/looked really out of place with how well all the other champions tend to flow. I love the panic you can see in people's movements once bloodscent goes off on them, or when you're juuust in range to ult. Really looking forward to this rework, but I hope bloodscent can still be toggled so you can sneak up on people until it's too late to run.

Also what's your in game name! Add mee (Valistrielle)
    EDIT: oh, found it like 4 pages back.
  • Vallie said:
    @Elsam - warwick was my easy ticket to gold, and I always thought he felt/looked really out of place with how well all the other champions tend to flow. I love the panic you can see in people's movements once bloodscent goes off on them, or when you're juuust in range to ult. Really looking forward to this rework, but I hope bloodscent can still be toggled so you can sneak up on people until it's too late to run.

Also what's your in game name! Add mee (Valistrielle)
    EDIT: oh, found it like 4 pages back.
    Problem with WW is he is pretty much countered by CSS. If he is farming well and/or gets a few kills, then you need a CSS and either mobility, CC, or HP. The beauty of Warwick is he is a lot like Illaoi, most people just don't know how to deal with it.
  • CSS? I haven't played in a couple months, so I'm not being facetious here, but do you mean QSS? 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Riot, we need to talk. I can't wait anymore for this Warwick rework, I need it. Do you know what you're doing to me?

• Omor said:
    CSS? I haven't played in a couple months, so I'm not being facetious here, but do you mean QSS? 
    Nah, it's a cwick silver ash!

And yesss, I need angry face-hugger puppers, now please.
  • As an ADC, I would like to not see angry face-hugger puppers, kthx. Botlane is already in a bad position ... unintented plus, I've gotten my primary 100% of games so far...
  • It's like they took Rengar, said "how can we intensify this nightmare" and then increased the leap distance, made him tankier, and as an added bonus removed the ult's stealth but moved the movement speed bonus to a passive and activated it whenever that deliciously squishy adc dropped below 50% hp.

Oh yeah, also innate sustain and a 1.0 AP scaling on his main damaging ability.

ggwp Riot, I fully expect the amount of botlane Ziggs I see to quadruple

• Omor said:
    CSS? I haven't played in a couple months, so I'm not being facetious here, but do you mean QSS? 
    Lol, yeah, I meant QSS, but the forums wouldn't let me edit.:(

So @Vallie and I have been playing together and it has been a lot of fun! If anyone wants to join us hit me up please. IGN: Pointzz

Also made an Achaea club, come join it, it's lonely in here.
  • Still kinda new to league, not even level 30 yet, but Kayle is my new favorite, especially if you get her full build.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I've never bothered playing ranked, but I do play this game sometimes. Support > Top > Mid > ADC. Terrible at jungle. I do not mind playing with terrible newbs.

Name on LoL is Khizan. 
  • Aralaya said:
    Still kinda new to league, not even level 30 yet, but Kayle is my new favorite, especially if you get her full build.
    I love nothing more than teaching newer players along the way! Add me :)
  • Nazihk said:
    I've never bothered playing ranked, but I do play this game sometimes. Support > Top > Mid > ADC. Terrible at jungle. I do not mind playing with terrible newbs.

Name on LoL is Khizan. 
    Ranked is a mess right now TBH. My main account placed G3 and I got it to P5 fairly easily. My new account of course placed B5 and I cannot move it for the life of me. Maybe it has just been so long since I played in bronze, but it feels like these dudes I get teamed with gotta to be trolling, noone can unintentionally make the same mistakes that many times in a row.
  • Nazihk said:
    I've never bothered playing ranked, but I do play this game sometimes. Support > Top > Mid > ADC. Terrible at jungle. I do not mind playing with terrible newbs.

Name on LoL is Khizan. 
    I feel your pain, I main support at/around gold level when I can be bothered to play...you spend your entire game babysitting the worst role, every game. ADC gets exploded by everyone, so you either play a nuke or assassin yourself and 'support', hoping to snowball and carry late game, or you play a tank/peel-heavy champ and play Secret Service for the world's most bullet-prone President. And both choices make me sad, since I prefer tank support and there's never enough peel :(
  • @Daklore made an Achaea clan which has a bunch of people in it already, but it's usually dead inside whenever I look. I think I still have a clan slot left anyways so I don't mind joining both.

@Khel @Aralaya what are your summoner names :D? I usually pop on when I need some visual distraction instead of Achaea.

And while I agree that ADC is kind of in a really awkward spot right now, it's the same for the other ADC/support pair too - which means my goal most games is just to make them feed harder than I do, and it's easier than ever!
  • @Vallie

My summoner name is V1llanox, I am only level 21 though so I may or may not be terrible

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:

My summoner name is V1llanox, I am only level 21 though so I may or may not be terrible
    "Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something."
  • I am on EUW and usually up for a game if I'm around! Most of you seem to be NA scrubs though, rip.
  • I dunno if I've ever posted in this thread but I'm dwarfkaf on NA server if anyone wants to play (I find normals and ARAMs boring though)
  • Khel said:
    Nazihk said:

Name on LoL is Khizan. 
    I feel your pain, I main support at/around gold level when I can be bothered to play...you spend your entire game babysitting the worst role, every game. ADC gets exploded by everyone, so you either play a nuke or assassin yourself and 'support', hoping to snowball and carry late game, or you play a tank/peel-heavy champ and play Secret Service for the world's most bullet-prone President. And both choices make me sad, since I prefer tank support and there's never enough peel :(
    Oh shit, maybe I can finally legitimately do support Pantheon :(

My favorite support support, though, is Nami :(
  • obligatory: j4/panth kill lane bot is pure terror, rip that adc

I'm a top main and specialize in tanks though (Naut/Mao/Poppy) so I know full well what it's like to play secret service heh. I do find it fun but you're rarely given credit for anything, I think I can count the numbers of times the adc has gone and said "wow, great peel!" on one hand.

WW's champion spotlight is up so I'm hoping he's released tomorrow. Can't wait to try out the new and improved dangerous pupper.
  • Nazihk said:
    Khel said:
    Nazihk said:

Name on LoL is Khizan. 
    Oh shit, maybe I can finally legitimately do support Pantheon :(

My favorite support support, though, is Nami :(
    Best supports right now are anything with a shield honestly. Ardent Censor is so OP especially when coupled with a Locket of the Iron Solari and any champ that can give shields. Next best are your tank supports as usual, but like with displacement support like Blitz and Thresh they are so reliant on your team knowing what tf they are doing that it isn't good for climbing.
  • I do have the Weatherlady Janna skin...
  • Janna might be THE most OP support right now. Her shield is massive to begin with, then giving 20% AS and 20hp on-hit with it is scary.