Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

League of Legends

199100101102103105»

Comments

• DakloreDaklore Posts: 800Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    http://i.imgur.com/S4WWkcH.png

Spoiler: I hate Yasuo. With the passion of a billion exploding suns. Even if they rework him, i will permaban him on principle.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • KythraKythra Posts: 258Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ryzeth said:
    New Morde sucks in actual games, with people who aren't absolutely awful.

Was great when he first got 'reworked' but nerfs came quick and he dropped largely back into obscurity. Still has a couple matchups he can go okay in, provided he doesn't feed his ass off, but he's just not that great lategame anymore, even midgame he drops off hard vs actual comps.
    He's not LCS tier but he's one of my favorite picks into Riven top, Yorick, Akali. He has his niche moments, and there's a few Masters and Challenger mains who use him, so he's not complete garbage like Urgot or something. But yeah, he drops off pretty hard late game, but his mid game if farmed well is devastating if you can secure dragons. Also the spike at 6 with ult and ignite can usually secure you having a lead on the lane. 

But yes, there's always better picks than Morde. But so much of the community is like (in ranked) 'Man I've never fought Morde before or what he does now' and I can usually gain a huge lead and people crying 'busted' and 'wtf is that damage with lichbane' (when I use my third Q + lichbane proc) 
  • JorJor Posts: 14Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I'm finally climbing after finding my home in top lane. I found out how hard Nasus smacks Illaoi last night when I had around 250 stacks at 12 mins from her tentacles.
  • VallieVallie Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Adding that blitz+morde bot lane is one of the few lanes with very real lv. 1 kill potential, and they snowball insanely hard off of tiny advantages :O!
  • KythraKythra Posts: 258Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jor said:
    I'm finally climbing after finding my home in top lane. I found out how hard Nasus smacks Illaoi last night when I had around 250 stacks at 12 mins from her tentacles.
    Illaoi main. 1v1 me bro. I love fighting Reneks and Nasus who try to counter pick me. Kekeke.
    People don't realize the true counter to my hentai goddess is Poppy. Fuck that aura stopping all my tentacles from smushing her. 

But for reals if you play on NA add me. Kythrena.
  • LelielLeliel Posts: 156Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Y'all make me want to start this season's climb for real now ):
    I didn't do it!

I stream here, and I do art things. Commission info here.
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,121Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kythra said:
    Jor said:
    Illaoi main. 1v1 me bro. I love fighting Reneks and Nasus who try to counter pick me. Kekeke.
    People don't realize the true counter to my hentai goddess is Poppy. Fuck that aura stopping all my tentacles from smushing her. 

But for reals if you play on NA add me. Kythrena.
    The real counter to Illaoi is Vlad
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited June 24
    I mean pretty much every current meta top laner will dumpster both Illaoi and Nasus if they're played properly. Not to mention be infinitely more useful in team fights. Hence why they're meta, and those two aren't... Alas, solo queue top laners still think teleport is bad, and ignite or ghost is way better.

When it comes to bruiser vs bruiser, if a Renekton loses he should really consider uninstalling. He is THE champ to play when you want to win vs tanks/bruisers, which is precisely why there's been a resurgence of people picking him in competitive.
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,119Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I get Illaoi stomps on Nasus, but Renekton is skill matchup at best, tough matchup at worst for Illaoi. Renek is crazy strong and borderline broken imo, has been for like 2 seasons now aside from "that" recent patch
  • SidoniaSidonia Posts: 395Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    As an Illaoi main, Renekton is pretty easy because you can shove him in and poke him at the same time with your aoe. I generally have a lot more trouble with a good Kayle/Quinn since they can just dodge all your shit and smack you down at range. The only melee champs Illaoi really needs to fear are Darius (skill matchup, first kill usually decides the lane) and Mordekaiser (just fuck this guy) imo
    Renekton, when played well, has no 'counters' in the current meta. Except maybe a good Jayce. Not even Kennen counters him anymore; at best he'll go even, same with Galio.

As I said above, there's a reason he's at (or very close to) a 100% pick/ban in competitive right now, because he is that good. His 'problem' is that he falls off a fair bit late game if it (late game) drags out too long.
    TIL competitive is soloq. I've played hundreds of renekton and illaoi games and imo the matchup heavily favours illaoi given roughly equal skill
    Given equal skill (as in, knowing how Illaoi actually works), the matchup most definitely favours Renekton.

The comparison to competitive was because that's a better measure of determining if something's actually a counter, or if the person is just plain bad at the champion. Of the hundreds of high level soloq games I've watched, I don't think I've seen Illaoi win there either.
    YMMV then I guess. I'm just reporting on my experience, which happens to be in line with the matchup statistics on champion.gg
    Kayn is so edgey his ultimate skin better have a trenchcoat and fedora.
  • RispokRispok Posts: 637Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I started playing, "Kostimon", but I don't pvp yet. Add me if you want to do bot games. Current favorite is Sona or annie support.

A friend linked me this while we were watching the last set of games last night, I died.
    TysandrAldwic
  • SolnirSolnir Posts: 317Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    NA is relentlessly a disappointment at Worlds.
  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,704Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cloud 9 can never disappoint me. Their logo is to well designed.
    NicolaAldwicVallie
    @Tahquil I remember the first time I saw their logo up close and realized what it was, and then excitedly told my friends, and disappointedly realized I was the last person to get it.

I think Worlds is the only time I'm brave enough to go to a bar, and also consistently destroy my sleep schedule.

Aldwic
Sign In to Comment.