End of the Year rave/thank you/recap

TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
edited December 2013 in North of Thera
Well, the year draws to a close, and I've generally been reserved about raving (it always seems to wind up glorified log-rolling) about specific individuals. In the spirit of the season, I figured a thread was warranted for the year-encompassing raves, praise and thank yous. I can honestly say this past year in Achaea has been one of the most monumental, for me, and absolutely one of the most enjoyed, and I'd be remiss if I didn't show appreciation.

(And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got some thanking and raving to do, so I figured the year-end recap warranted its own thread; mods, please move/delete if uncalled for!)

In no particular order of import:

@Simoln - for finally getting to write the close of an old chapter, and for writing an entirely new one.

PoM (@Kresslack, @Ruth, @Kaevan and assorted miscreants -- but most especially @Kinilan) - you all have, through various encouragement, shittalking, conversations and cajoling helped me realize the pirate side of Tart, which has been a long time coming, and I've wanted to see for years.

And for that matter, thank you to everyone I've ever shot at, chased, sunk, yelled threats at or otherwise generally harassed on the sea.

@Amunet - You may've qq'd, but that doesn't negate the years and miles that we've shared, good and bad, and Tart's story couldn't be told without including her raging bitch of a next-best-thing-to-sister.

@Dunn - Just... thanks, mang. Second best darling Overseer ever (i miss tannybear :()

@Sybilla & @Verily - It isn't often one gets to witness the ground-up development and change of deep characters, and watching the both of you do this (and in some instances, help influence and shape!) has been a total blast.

@Jarrod - What can I say? All this time, and you're still my favorite.

@Fitz - Jackass. (Does @Mariya know she married a jackass?)

@Ourania - My interaction with Divine has always been relatively limited, but these past few months, and the interesting things you've shown me, have shed a little more light about why people are always so quick to rave about their own deities.

And of course, @Lianca - From a good start, to a very rocky middle, to where we are now - uncomparable partner-in-crime, there just aren't enough words (or apostrophes), and I can't wait to see what we're we gonna fuck up next! :D

From those who are scarce now, but never fail to brighten when they're around ( @Morro, @Flair, @Beya, @Orklanishkal, @Sohl), to enemies!! ( @Melodie, @Verrucht, @Silas, @Daeir, @Ellodin), to sporadic, random interactions ( @Jozlyn, @Kyrra, @Thaumas, Uncle @Jhui -ce, @Hasar, @Ryldagh), to conversations that consist of entirely OOC bullshitting ( @Khairt, @Mathonwy).

And of course, a thank you to the admin, the creators, the Gods and Goddesses, and everyone else who has a hand in making and running the game.

I've never lost sight of the fact that it's the rest of the players surrounding that actually make Achaea what it is; and just about anyone who's ever interacted with Tart has, in some way or another, made the experience richer, more rewarding, and generally more fun.

So thanks, fuckers, and here's hoping you all have a rocking new year!

Comments

• KeiKei
    edited December 2013
    Aww, a full month of not-quite interacting, one singular event of Kei poking you, and a lot of quiet envy, and I don't even warrant a mention? Sad. You're tearing me apart, @Taraus!

I mean, hell, I left the Occultists in the capable hands of Shakti and Eris and what do I walk back in on but a bunch of nihilists who decided to turn everything on its head! Well, at least my city's still here some eight years later.

(<3 you guys playing Targossans, though, I know how hard it must be to log on every day right now without houses or anything.)

In all seriousness, Happy New Year too, my year end raves would be pretty much a list of everything I did in the past month, although @Lianca is pretty damned awesome. Do you have a log of the ritual RP we did, by the way? I was still so noob to Mudlet and it ate my log :< But even without...for the patience of a saint with someone who has no self-esteem trying to fit back in and worried she's going to fuck everything up <3

And to @Taraus for how she reacted to Kei's utterly devastated self-confidence which I hadn't ever gotten around to fixing at the time.

@Scarlatti and @Ourania for awesome Divine interaction. I was not expecting to walk back in on active Divine, and it's a pretty awesome thing.

Special props to @Dirgmal and @Maefeng for being perceptive enough to pick up on me logging in, obviously being an old hat that just came back to the game, and convincing me not to do something stupid like just log back off in sullen silence or drop everything and try to do a complete role change and re-join the Druids or something. Which...well, I have no doubt that would have been as successful as me trying to play my old tiny paladin again and being completely shut down from, like...joining a city. Any city. Which happened, and thus I don't play her <3

Extra-special props to @Glaci for being willing to have a chat with someone you didn't even know OOCly about everything and preparing me for what the hell I was walking back into in general terms.

Those are the things that really stick out in my mind, and here's to another year, back in the best persistent world I've ever played <3 Here's hoping Kei gets in the way of the Tart fucking everything up. She could use some fucking-with, even if I never get to salvage a few of the things I abstained from years ago and now regret (bloodlines, families, etc., actually taking part in active storylines, making up a few of my own, making a name for myself for something other than Intoning to hear my own voice....cough...)

Basically I'm bad at human interaction and I'm hoping I become less-bad over this next year while having awesome fun with awesome people. And I still owe you a story sometime, @Lianca, just lemme know when you wanna hear it~

Edit: Grammar is hard, yo.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Props and raves to @Kinilan & co. for actually making sailing fun for some of the less experienced seafarers of Targ.

That's the only one I can think of right now because I just spent the last 3 hours helping people with their script issues. I might remember more after a good sleep.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Niraaeth, @Varele for keeping me interested in the game
    @Beya for just being awesome and being followed by entertaining events whereever he goes
    @Karai for the random funny comments at crossroads yesterday. Yodaquotes much? :P
    I'd probably thank more people, but my brain is too destroyed by christmas alcohol to remember anything before 23 December.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• ITT: tagging everyone with a forum account.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited December 2013
    @Sherazad, @jurixe,@illyose, @bronislav, @kybrae, @tenevriel, @ryuke, @nizaris, @orzaansyn, @svaya, @tamiko, @aepas, @ vastus, @alcinae, @vayne, @taraus, @varele, @jacen, @shirszae, @andraste, @all the people that killed me as a mark, @alaric, @shameus,@ruth, @klochild, @florentino,@tamiko, @texel, @haldon, @sylis, @arkius, @tzond, @ryzack, @vicious, @hasar, @rispok, @laytron, @alim, @anyone I forgot, and @all the people who are behind the scenes that work so hard to make this game possible. You guys have been a great impact on me in game and I thank you all for it. You all are awesome. Let's have another great year!

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited December 2013
    Arditi said:

@Strata and @Antidas, for being interesting nemesis-es. Whatever the plural of that is.

i <3 u 2 @Arditi. But we're not nemesiseseses.. .remember Ashtani don't role-play. So I'm not sure I belong in your quotes.

Edit for HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

@Ashtan - great to be back i'm glad ya'll want me now that i'm fully artied.
    @Hashan -
    @Cyrene - Hopefully 2014 won't be the year I get enemied.
    @Targossas - If I was rich, I'd buy you all new gamer headsets for your skype coordinated automated botnet raiding offense. (I'd also buy you all cheese puffs - since i know you're always running out)
    @Mhaldor - Keep up the real deal RP guyz... And keep your mouth's shut if you've ever interacted with me in-game - you'll ruin my rep as a non-RP jackass.
    @Delos - oh wait nobody I know lives there.
    @New Thera - keep getting fleeced.

To any other villages or cities ... OH! @Petra - Ya'll a bunch'a stupid rejects letting those Targlolfanbois brainwash you with Doucheleon propaganda and shrines n shite.
    To any other villages or cities I forgot: HAPPY [last two words removed due to having previously redundantly been stated previously in this comment above, and including, but not limited to, other comments, which are also above] <--- HEY LOOK!! I CAN RP LIKE HASHAN.
  • @Ourania and @Verily for dragging me back kicking and screaming when all I planned to do was check in for a short bit!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited December 2013
    Alright, so uh... @Mhaldor in general. Hopefully I didn't come off as an ass when I was first inducted! Jk, I think I am still somewhat of an ass. It's been a wild ride, and I feel like my character has progressed so far since he first came as a little shaman to the Congregation.

Speaking of the Congregation, shout out to @Hasar - we don't talk a lot (I never have much to say, lol) but you're fun as hell, and whether its raiding or whatever, thanks for being around! Mentor 4lyfe. And of course, shout out to @Xer, @Nizaris, @Alynna.

To the @Naga, I'm not sure what I'd do without all of y'all - @Arditi, @Bonko, @Mycen, @Florentino, @Saibel, @Khalaz, and everyone in between, I highly doubt my time spent as a serpent so far would be fun without all of you. Naga, you've stolen my heart.

@Jurixe, you've been amazing - never before have I been involved to this degree in any cultural events, and its all because of you. I sincerely thank you for pushing me to go deeper into Mhaldorian culture - and motivating me to get stuff done.

Shout outs to @Ebon Fist. @Sherazad, @Orzaansyn, without your support I'm not sure if I'd be even in Mhaldor! @Caoimhaen, we've had our fair share of arguments (IC of course!), but I'm super glad you're in Mhaldor now. Rave to @Areigna as well.

@Alaric, ilu bro. We go wayyyyy back and you've always been there. I owe you so much. You're an amazing friend, and you can always keep me smiling.

Oh, and @Sartan! You rock my socks.

And shout out to all the OOC clans and people that keep me laughing way too much. You guys are way too interesting. And of course, thanks to everyone who has ever RP'd with me. I'm pretty terribad at times, but hopefully I'll improve.

Happy New Year, mofos.
  • Well, mine will be short...

To everyone in Cyrene that stood by Trilli after losing Selene (Bring her back plx and I'll come back), thank you, seriously.

@Melodie thank you so much for letting me vent about everything, IC and OOC, since I was going through such a hard time emotionally.

@Verrucht Same as above, but also giving me something to work on to get my mind off of things for a little while. You were awesome and amazing to work with. Try to stay sane.

@Kyrra and the other Beloved that stuck around, you guys are awesome. I hope some peace is found for your characters. Kyrra, you especially are wonderful to be around.

If anyone needs me, I always read messages here and IG messages (Yay for Firefox addon!)

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2014
    meh

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Mine is simply to all people I interact or interacted with, both in Mhaldor and out. Specially those who tolerate me despite my perpetual slowness to respond to even the most little things. It has been fun, and you've all made me love this game much more than I originally did.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @alcinae much love bro. glad we are back to being friends. Yeeaaah...we fought a lot. You were pretty epicly cruel icly. Lol BFFs! Muahahaha!

• Starting with the beginning of the year. I want to thank @Hashan for being interesting.

@Kroac @Tema I would like to thank you both for all the fun we had as Spiritwalkers!

@Alcinae For being fun to talk to.

@Alaric Who you can all blame for me keeping interest in Achaea!

@Shirszae For all the fun conversations.

@Xadzia for that conversation we had once about the city and @Mannimar for turning me into a Curia fanatic instead of just a crazy ratman in Hashan.

Next are all those I befriended after joining the Curia!

First of all @Perlanox, before you dissapeared you were sort of Ach's bestest buddy.

@Bluef for showing Ach that there is more to being a shaman then sitting at the crossroads or parade of founders.

@Kaie, @Motako, @Sabata, @Belle, @Reihaneh, @Hermaldo, @Wayde, @Howdin, @ Matilda, and @Kardal for making the Curia fun this year!

Of course we can't forget the Targossians who let Ach stay in Targossas after becoming homeless! so @Targossas!

You think were done yet? Nope I also joined and want to thank the entire Sylvanic Fellowship! For accepting me into their ranks as a Sylvan! and of course @Eleusis for being a great city!

Those of the Sylvanic Fellowship I would like to thank first @Lucine for finally accepting me into the house!

@Marv for being my favorite Sylvan for taking me to that Library!

@Alrena for the combat training!

@Prythe @Ekil @Leoendithas @Yae @Iakimen @Aluciana @Minxie @Ravien @Anatral and the rest of the Eleusians which would be too many to add!

Lets see, did I forget anyone? Probably but meh they will get over it!
  • @Cinya I miss having excuses to RP with you :(

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Yae, we love you! You're like a little puff of joy! Or a gigantic dragon puff of joy!

• Achimrst said:

Starting with the beginning of the year. I want to thank @Hashan for being interesting.

@Kroac @Tema I would like to thank you both for all the fun we had as Spiritwalkers!

@Alcinae For being fun to talk to.

@Alaric Who you can all blame for me keeping interest in Achaea!

@Shirszae For all the fun conversations.

@Xadzia for that conversation we had once about the city and @Mannimar for turning me into a Curia fanatic instead of just a crazy ratman in Hashan.

Next are all those I befriended after joining the Curia!

First of all @Perlanox, before you dissapeared you were sort of Ach's bestest buddy.

@Bluef for showing Ach that there is more to being a shaman then sitting at the crossroads or parade of founders.

@Kaie, @Motako, @Sabata, @Belle, @Reihaneh, @Hermaldo, @Wayde, @Howdin, @ Matilda, and @Kardal for making the Curia fun this year!

Of course we can't forget the Targossians who let Ach stay in Targossas after becoming homeless! so @Targossas!

You think were done yet? Nope I also joined and want to thank the entire Sylvanic Fellowship! For accepting me into their ranks as a Sylvan! and of course @Eleusis for being a great city!

Those of the Sylvanic Fellowship I would like to thank first @Lucine for finally accepting me into the house!

@Marv for being my favorite Sylvan for taking me to that Library!

@Alrena for the combat training!

@Prythe @Ekil @Leoendithas @Yae @Iakimen @Aluciana @Minxie @Ravien @Anatral and the rest of the Eleusians which would be too many to add!

Lets see, did I forget anyone? Probably but meh they will get over it!

I didn't copy and paste one part.

@Kybrae Thank you for all the fun RP after I was ousted from house and city! We had fun and you know it! Even if you decided to leave in the end for you know what reasons ;) Stop being a stranger and get your butt back around here!
  • @Jiraishin, I have no doubt we can figure something out.
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Both IG and OOC, I've gotten to know amazing people this year thanks to Achaea. This is sure to be a partial list, with some important folks momentairly forgotten, but love to @Illyose, @Valden, @Firien, @Yae, @Oceana, @Guhem, @Eilona, @Minxie, @Quoetzl, and everyond else who has helped Kyriella grow and the player behind her stay (relatively, passably) sane. Raves to the amazing admin who keep the game going (with a special shoutout to @Gaia, of course), and to everyone else in this fantastic community. Here's to 2014!
  • I may be a new kid around these parts, but I can rave, too!

@Kellonius: You are the broiest and I love you.

@Santar: You single-handedly made serpent the most fun class I've played so far. If I didn't feel like a total gimp while bashing, I would have never switched in the first place. Every class so far has been trying to fill the void in my heart that yearns for serpent. Once I bash up a little more, I'll be switching back, and won't be changing again. Thank you for teaching me things!

@Lachlan: You are so much fun to rp with! As the first person to really talk with Kuy, you're easily the number one on his list of go-to people. Eventually I'll dust off the old rpness and start doing things more than blushing and fretting!

@Tesha: You make me feel like I'm not a bother, and that makes me a smile and want to keep blushing around you.

@Terra: Combined with Santar, you've made understanding combat leagues easier through both helping me out and by watching you like a hawk.

@Antidas: You may not know this, but out of everyone in Targossas, you're the person Kuy looks up to most. You are everything he wants to be, and he hopes that one day he'll impress you.

@Kaiu: You are beautiful and I love you.

@Aurora: Because awesome.

@Targossas: Because you all have been amazing, whether or not you realize it.

<3
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you