Blast from the past!

Last I heard Shallam blew up and my dear Silas was still causing trouble. What's new since ~2008ish? Is anyone I knew and loathed still around? Do any of you young bucks even know who I am?

Comments

• Rho said:
    Last I heard Shallam blew up and my dear Silas was still causing trouble. What's new since ~2008ish? Is anyone I knew and loathed still around? Do any of you young bucks even know who I am?
    The hell have you been? Like seriously. Now Silas is on player pics flirting with every decent looking guy, they sunk Shallam and made a new city ON WATER, the Good Gods went and got bloodsworn!

In short... yeah, not much has changed.

Good to see you! Back for good?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • RhoRho
    edited December 2013
    Hang on there cowboy, I'm too old and addled to get back into Achaea. I don't have the 70 hours/wk it took to drive everyone up a wall and I don't want to Jordan-on-the-Wizards this whole thing. I was just curious about what the current status of the game is and how the following folks (among others!) are/are remembered:

Silas
    Tenebrus
    Saltaern
    Verrucht
    Veldrin
    Katia
    Latus
    Amunet
    Flair
    Cain
    Hieyoko
    Ephram
    Gondus
    Xenomorph
    Darroth
    Pretty much anyone on the old Fun! clan

If I've forgotten your name, please blame my shoddy memory and not a lack of affection and comment away!
  • Hey Rho,

Two of the people on your list are the same person. I bet you can't guess which ones.

• I know that, supercooper, I just couldn't remember if anyone else did. Both superlative, separate characters though.
  • Also, don't be afraid to comment if you're a newjack that has some info about something/someone that you think I might remember. Nostalgia is my drug and a need a fix! Who knows, I might show up in game and burn your character on a pyre for the light or something!
  • You should come visit every now and then! Shallam got deleted and we have an awesome new city and amazing Aurora and Deucalion now. The old good gods are gone. The city is amazing; it's hardcore good and very militaristic.

Silas is leading the city and he's doing pretty great. Only one that's really around much on your list. Veldrin and Darroth pop in from time to time too.

i'm a rebel

• thanks for the churchfavour
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Hah, forgot about that. I used to cause a little bit of a ruckus with all that favoring I used to do, but I loved having a serpent loose cannon in the church. Nice to see you!
  • Tesha said:

You should come visit every now and then! Shallam got deleted and we have an awesome new city and amazing Aurora and Deucalion now. The old good gods are gone. The city is amazing; it's hardcore good and very militaristic.

Silas is leading the city and he's doing pretty great. Only one that's really around much on your list. Veldrin and Darroth pop in from time to time too.

Pretty much this. Verrucht is still around. He's the Imperiate of Cyrene and in an Eleusian House. Very quiet, other than that. Flair logs in from time to time. Silas is basically the only active one from your list around.
  • Sounds quite a bit more Rho-like than when he was a Tarah-rist. How does he feel about burning people and books alive?
  • edited December 2013
    Tesha said:
    Only one that's really around much on your list. Veldrin and Darroth pop in from time to time too.

Verrucht is perfectly active as well. Katia, Ephram, Gondus, and Xenomorph are ranked, but I don't know how much they are around. Xenomorph might have gone dormant. Cain was active until a while ago, but seems to have vanished again. Amunet ragequit some time ago.
  • Good to hear about Verrucht, he was wonderful (no matter how often he frustrated my in-game plans). I'm sure he's doing a great job in Cyrene. Silas, as we all know, is a degenerate slacker.
  • Side note: are any of these names still talked about? It'd be tragic if the exploits of Achaea's greatest thief (and possibly character-of-all-time) were forgotten.
  • edited December 2013
    Oh, sure. Tenebrus is still the iconic thief, to me, Flair the archetypical Babelite, and everybody knows Cain for his laptop throwing prowess and Latus for his hairy legs!

I guess the newer players who never met some of them may not be aware of their achievements quite as much, but there are still enough old folks around to keep the memory alive. (Of you too, no worries!)
  • I reference Tenebrus in a parable about ambition I teach novice Naga. 
  • Glad to hear it, he and Katia were legit terrors in their day. I don't know where theft/breakins stand now, but I doubt there was a property in game they hadn't been in.
  • Katia a terror?  Only when she spoke.
  • Outside of breakin thefts, theft has been changed to pickpocketing (which works on denizens too) but us old people tell stories about how theft used to be and why it's important to have theft prevention.

Last I remember (I haven't been around because they killed off Selene.... and a lot of other Gods) Ephram was still around on occasion.

City warfare has changed, you can -sanction- raids, and IIRC they're automatic if the enemy is around for a certain amount of time. Border skirmishes are still around, but they aren't as annoying.

The Good Gods are a lot more strict about the laws of Good, which is a good thing because it was kinda wishy-washy to me. Annnddd uh I think you were around for Blademasters, but there's Alchemists too now (another curativemaking class that are tied to the cities they live in, forestals either got grandfathered into their city or had to go rogue or to Eleusis.)
    meh

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    There's moar Meropis and minipets. Definite game-makers.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Targossas the new city of Good is going great.  We're still waiting on our new houses but HOPEFULLY they will be in soon.  We all work well together and there is no infighting because we all have the same goals.
  • Triak said:
    Katia a terror?  Only when she spoke.
    Particularly on the serpent class channel!
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Flair is a legend, we over on faction doomsday teach about him. He pops in to make us swoon now and then too.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Hi Rho. man I feel old.

• You think you feel old? I just babysat for two kindergarteners whose parents were in high school when I was playing Rho.

The last thing I remember before going inactive was the introduction of ships, which until that point we assumed were just a Divinely joking way of saying "never." (E.g. "When will we get artie herbs?" "After ships get put in!")
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Lol holy crap I was trying to remember who Silas was married to for the entire history before Targossas yesterday. and now here you are!

• Rho said:
    Sounds quite a bit more Rho-like than when he was a Tarah-rist. How does he feel about burning people and books alive?

The only question you need to ask is: Rare, medium, or extra-heretical?

• Ohai! Best customer ever! I went dormant, then woke up and you were gone. No good doing this to me.