Starbound

1235»

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    yeaah @kinilan, me and my mates started on a planet with literally no trees, virtually no coal anywhere near the surface, and we didn't even have cobblestone, it was all direstone. Best part? It was the only planet in the system, so we needed to somehow gather 200 fuel on a virtually empty world
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Still looking for a gunship. The old coordinates I have don't exist anymore even as a system

• I've gotten used to restarting new characters at this point, haha. I've had 3 starting planets have 0 surface coal.
    Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• Do you like bones for all the crunch-crunch-crunch for your nefarious building purposes?

X 14457808 y94879589 Alpha Marsin 15I

The set of planets is kind hidden behind the star, but they're on the inner-most orbit, just inside the right side of the orbit behind the star.

Other notable features people may like: Abundance of surface resources--including a bunch of coal--, some abandoned laboratories, I imagine they're Apex. One had a high tech chest, no tech. A high tech chest that contained pulse jump was found some distance away, visible from the surface at the entrance of a ravine/crevace. Two Glitch castles... and a buttload of minibosses. I'm not kidding. I encountered like six of them on the surface. One was a bird that I never fought, because... well, it flew away.

Probably not the best of the best, but hey, I figured I'd share it with all the crap I found :3 (alpha sector, obviously). And no, no gunship.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    edited December 2013
    Delta Lambda Tau 12 VI b (Biome: trundra, Threat level: 4) has a nice assault rifle and rocket launcher in a chest that you can pick up. X -37867236 Y 84362338

EDIT: Both chests are on the surface
  • What exactly is a gunship? Is it that flying pirate ship?
  • I think so, since the only one I found had a gun merchant on it... hence, gun ship? I mean, that's what I assumed.
  • -67370595, -94954258

Don't know what else is there, but I've been here for less than five minutes and have harvested over two-hundred each of red, blue and yellow petals, if anyone is into making dye.

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    59877410, -70634402, Alpha Umbraxian 1207 system, 2nd planet has a gun merchant, lots of silver, iron, coal, copper, and an avian ship to the left of landing point.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Trey said:
    -67370595, -94954258

Don't know what else is there, but I've been here for less than five minutes and have harvested over two-hundred each of red, blue and yellow petals, if anyone is into making dye.

AWW YISS, MUTHAFUCKIN PRISON COLONY ON THE FLOWER PLANET.

Nothing too cool yet but it's still neat as hell.

• So this is what I'm rocking right now (the two 1-handers I dual wield when I use):

I've got the coords of -most- that stuff written down somewhere, the Tech is from all over the place but all the weapons are crafted or from Threat 10 planets. Using Tier 10 armor with scientist outfit and racial helm for looks, Magic Scroll for a back piece.

Things that annoy me (but the game is still hella fun):

1. What the hell are the stats on my shields :(
    2. Why can't I find armor :(
    3. Why are all found weapons -significantly- worse than Impervium :(

Also, minor annoyance for people on multi-player servers, why do I have to re-unlock everything? It just takes crafting some random crap, and spawning bone dragons on top of unfortunate random people in T1 armor. I'll get coords up if people want that gear, and I'll try to organize it by sectors so it's easy to read.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• So I have a rainbow cape that rains rainbow glitter, and when I boost I leave trails of rainbow butterflies.

I'm pretty sure I've achieved the gayest method of travel in the universe.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I'm sure there's a "flying while crapping out a rainbow" method yet. Poptart optional.
  • I still don't understand this game, yet I play it.
  • Jarrod said:
    So I have a rainbow cape that rains rainbow glitter, and when I boost I leave trails of rainbow butterflies.

I'm pretty sure I've achieved the gayest method of travel in the universe.
    You've obviously never seen a guy in skinny jeans on a fixie

Rangor said:
    I still don't understand this game, yet I play it.
    That's me and Achaea
  • Wow, thanks for the bubble blast @Jarrod. How the hell did I play this game when I had to walk around like some damn peasant?
  • I could not have described my opinion of Bubble Blast better.

I changed to the butterfly version though.

• Also, threat level 10 gunship. X 30 Tau Minoris IVb  Coords 33404918, -87163241. Also some random guns in chests on the ground.
  • -14479005 55599369 Beta Craters 1659 II, tiny ice planet. head left and you'll find the start of an apex lab/tesla spike maze with a high tech chest at the end, only had pulse jump. go right and you'll see igloos. dig straight down under the third or fourth and I'll put you at the end of the maze.
  • ...Found two great 1 handed swords for dual wielding. Not going to use them. Not sure I can deal with jamming my Happy Dudepoker into someone then finishing them off with my Throbbing Meatstick
  • Don't pretend you have shame, Ginger.
  • Patch was released today, supposed to stop forcing them to wipe characters. Lot more stuff added as well as far as the Steam forums say, I haven't found patch notes.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Penwize saves the day!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."