The war is on!

Comments

• I agree. As soon as it's reset let's do a full player roll call and have someone just sit back and watch the aardwolf numbers as well. If anything that we're all thinking is true, it should do the same.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Could just everyone vote right on Serenade in game after a reset.
  • Silly Aardwolf. Cheating just to dominate the most obscure pool of gamers in existence?

I never got as far as their game because the website is ugly. Makes Achaea's April Fool's site from a while back look like... well, I can't think of a trump card in terms of website design so let's just say Facebook.

Screw Taardwolf.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    What the hell does Aardwolf's player list even mean? These people.... I don't even... Right?
    I simply do not understand how they get more votes. MUSHclient so oldschool. I'd rather use TEL.NLM v1.23a.

Keep voting peoples!
  • Because Aardwolf is a lowest-common-denominator Skinner box simulator, with no real payoff in the end. And I say this not to demean them or anything -- look at a lot of free to play MMOs, they're the same deal -- but to state what seems to me to be fact that the only thing in there is an empty box and a button.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • edited December 2013
    it's becoming blatant that they're cheating. They rarely break 1000, let alone lead Achaea by more than that.
  • Aktillum said:

I'm also in the "Aardwolf is fixing the numbers" camp, but like Sarapis said, they bought out TMS so they can do whatever they want. The game itself sucks and the playerbase... well, have a look at some of the IG titles from their Who list

Dr34dlr0d Atlas [Ba'al] E'nis
    Vanion selling ores pst
    Tzadkiel is not hostile to furr
    Elysian .+*"*+.The Rainmaker.+*"*+..
    El Verdugo Vaspious the force feeder of levels
    Cain killd Abelinc The VEGOian Dictator
    <--(huh, so that's where he's been)

So maybe they aren't fixing the numbers, because there exists far more stupid people than mature, seasoned roleplayers (such as Achaea's playerbase).The only other alternative for MUD rankings is TheMudConnect, which has a forum userbase of like 10+ disgruntled MUD developers talking shit about everyone else's game.</p>

All I want to know is, what does the bolded crap on this say....this makes no sense to me and I really want it to...
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tecton said:

What better reward is there than laughing at the decimated remains of our vanquished foes?

(Jokes aside I would if I could, but we're forbidden to give rewards for voting by TopMudSites!)
    Obviously the answer to this is a bottle of rum which never runs out.

• HEY! new month! Numbers reset. Aardworlf 218, us 103. WE CAN CATCH THEM! And win!

• Not when each time we click vote it votes one for us and one for them

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Anyone know how long it takes for it to update? I voted, but it didn't tick up.

• 15 minutes or so I think?
  • They need time to check Achaea's score and adjust their own accordingly.
  • I doubt they are cheating. Their average number of online players is usually about 2.5 times more than Achaea. (For instance right now they have 415 online, Achaea has 153).

• Cooper said:

I doubt they are cheating. Their average number of online players is usually about 2.5 times more than Achaea. (For instance right now they have 415 online, Achaea has 153).

how is this possible, Achaea is at least 2.5 times better than them.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Isaiah said:

Cooper said:

I doubt they are cheating. Their average number of online players is usually about 2.5 times more than Achaea. (For instance right now they have 415 online, Achaea has 153).

how is this possible, Achaea is at least 2.5 times better than them.
    well, unlike Achaea, Aardwolf doesn't require you to build up an RP, and hold to it
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• RaynRayn thomasville
    edited January 2014
    Mannimar said:

they own this top site... I personally believe they rig the results

I have no proof, but I think if enough of us believe it, its a fact...

Achaea is much more fun than aardwolf, ((yes im baised, but meh.)) THEREFORE they are cheating.
    she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • I voted! 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Egads, MKO looks like they're trying to steal our crown! You know what to do Team Achaea!
  • Seriously everyone...Midkemia is like 10 votes behind. Don't let those plebes think they're as good as we are.
  • Hayte said:
    Seriously everyone...Midkemia is like 10 votes behind. Don't let those plebes think they're as good as we are.
    I blame @Synbios.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Rayn said:
    they own this top site... I personally believe they rig the results
    I have no proof, but I think if enough of us believe it, its a fact... Achaea is much more fun than aardwolf, ((yes im baised, but meh.)) THEREFORE they are cheating.
    i've been taking the liberty of looking through the code of TopMudSites, nothing even remotely indicates they're cheating the system
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• @Midkemia : Know your place and mind your rank, peon.