Ask your Producer: Mayaween Edition

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Last question that I ask each time: Where are you hiding Kashar and will we get to see it soon-ish?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited October 2013
    Zuko said:
    1.) Will the Bloodsworn warn us when Houses are bound to arrive? Sort of like we were told to be around when shallam fell.. That would be cool so most of the city could try and make it to the unveiling of the Houses!

2.) Thera Pets! Why were these taken out? Wasn't the whole point to give us, who couldn't afford permanent 900 cr or ship trade pets, to get these temporary ones? Any chance they will return?
    1) Maybe, you'll have to wait and see. As Targossas is already founded, and Shallam falling was more of a big event, it's unlikely that the event will be on that major scale.
    2) Most likely they won't, no. That's not to say there won't be opportunities to gain minipets in other ways.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited October 2013
    Curious how the splitting off of trade skills, specifically concoctions and transmutations, will affect the current distribution of forestal/alchemist classes throughout the cities. Alchemists seem to have been designed as a mechanism to allow cities not called Eleusis to have an alternative way to craft cures. Might we see the abolition of the current distribution or will are you planning on keeping the course that has been laid out for the roleplay of the classes? Would Eleusians not have access to transmutations and vice versa?
    Vayne said:
    Curious how the splitting off of trade skills, specifically concoctions and transmutations will affect the distribution of forestal/alchemist classes through out the cities since Alchemists seem to have been designed as a mechanism to allow cities not called Eleusis to have an alternative way to craft cures. Might we see the abolition of the current distribution or will are you planning on keeping the course that has been laid out for the roleplay of the classes? Would Eleusians not have access to transmutations and vice versa?
    That is one of the things I'm pondering at the moment. No answer for that yet!
  • Vayne said:
    Curious how the splitting off of trade skills, specifically concoctions and transmutations will affect the distribution of forestal/alchemist classes through out the cities since Alchemists seem to have been designed as a mechanism to allow cities not called Eleusis to have an alternative way to craft cures. Might we see the abolition of the current distribution or will are you planning on keeping the course that has been laid out for the roleplay of the classes? Would Eleusians not have access to transmutations and vice versa?
    Not sure if this would work well, but my suggestion would be to have one license/option for both. Set it automatic (and change when membership changes) for forestal classes/eleusians/elsusis house members to have concoctions - all other city/house memberships and alchemists get alchemy, rogues (neither forestal classed or alchemist) can choose (and pay a moderate fee to change it). Class would take priority over citizenship/membership, to preserve current forestals in other cities/houses.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Ironcon 2014! That's still in the plans to be held right? Any updates?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• @Ruth it is, and we'll post any updates to it.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Since trade skills are no longer going to be tied to class and public rooms will be made available, will there be an option to get a refund on the current tradeskill-related rooms in House estates?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Jurixe said:
    Since trade skills are no longer going to be tied to class and public rooms will be made available, will there be an option to get a refund on the current tradeskill-related rooms in House estates?
    You'll have the option to trade them in for the same amount as you would now, yeah.
  • Tecton said:
    That's not to say there won't be opportunities to gain minipets in other ways.
    Will I get an opportunity to buy another eagle pet? Eh? Eh?
  • Tecton said:
    Or say, Sylvans - they'll lose concoctions as well, while we're there, we'll take the opportunity to give the class it's own flavour, so we might replace Elementalism with, say, a weather-control skill, and concoctions will be replaced by a skill that's all about being a Viridian.
    A weather-control skill would be so damn sexy. Of course, it should include actually being able to affect the weather in your location, not just combat abilities that include lightning/wind/rain/whatever.

Do you guys consider giving classes some more "pure-flavour" abilities that may not actually be of any "pratical" use, but allow you to just do fun/interesting things that deepen your class RP?
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    5 is enough, you greedy bugger! :P
  • Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    ...so you're saying I can buy FIVE more? :D  brb, getting my wallet.
    Iocun said:
    Tecton said:
    Or say, Sylvans - they'll lose concoctions as well, while we're there, we'll take the opportunity to give the class it's own flavour, so we might replace Elementalism with, say, a weather-control skill, and concoctions will be replaced by a skill that's all about being a Viridian.
    A weather-control skill would be so damn sexy. Of course, it should include actually being able to affect the weather in your location, not just combat abilities that include lightning/wind/rain/whatever.

Do you guys consider giving classes some more "pure-flavour" abilities that may not actually be of any "pratical" use, but allow you to just do fun/interesting things that deepen your class RP?
    Potentially, yes, the biggest issue is that some people feel cheated when they just finish another 15 lessons in chivalry only to find they've got an ability that serves no purpose, or feel their skill is padded out with said "useless" abilities. But I'm always open to ideas to increase the RP opportunities in the game!
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    ...so you're saying I can buy FIVE more? :D  brb, getting my wallet.
    That's your new combat tactic, isn't it? Spam people to death - I'm on to you!
  • Considering the number of credits people willingly spend on things like item customisations, I don't think the majority would consider cool pure-flavour abilities a rip off. 90% of all players only actually make regular use of about 5% of their class abilities anyways. Even I, who sometimes PvPs, almost never use at least half of my class abilities. The number of abilities that are truly useful to the average player is rather slim.
    We've entered the final hour! Last chance!
  • I think there's a difference between willingly paying for something unique and meaningful when you have extra credits to spare and getting something with no actual use/benefit that everybody else (of your class) has when you're scraping together lessons to Trans skills, though.
  • A hint on any planned talismans?
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    edited October 2013
    Can I have pit back, just for use in Fire and Spice, not able to be used within 2 minutes of an "offensive" skill?

Pretty please?
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • One final question: Are there any older (pre-tremolo!) combat mechanics in the game that you couldn't see yourself agreeing to if they were suggested today?
    Trevize said:
    A hint on any planned talismans?
    *flap*
  • Occultist House has credits - will buy. @Tecton
  • Tecton said:
    Lianca said:
    Can I have pit back, just for use in Fire and Spice, not able to be uses within 2 minutes of an "offensive" skill?

Pretty please?
    I could make the pit be the new Fire and Spice... it'll be where all the cool kids hang out! Just imagine it: Golgotha standing behind a bar, serving up drinks to all his buddies, discussing the results of the latest humgii races while people sit around and get drunk.
    Damn you, don't make me want to go Occultist after just changing to shaman. :(
    Antonius said:
    One final question: Are there any older (pre-tremolo!) combat mechanics in the game that you couldn't see yourself agreeing to if they were suggested today?
    Not really, I think most of the key offenders have been replaced these days.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Would totally pact and summon to get to the bar, and we'd not need a door!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
This discussion has been closed.