What's It Worth?

2»

Comments

• Shibumi said:
    Sarapis said:
    The irony is that since selling/transferring your character is a shrubbing offense, your character should actually be worth essentially $0 on ebay!
    I understand. But what if I transfer my character mortis causa in a Last Will and Testament so that Shibumi can survive me. For example, dear heir, you are getting this money conditioned to the fct  but you must play Achaea and Shibumi must be alive and kicking) Wouldn't that be cool? True digital immortality?
    Shrubs aren't dead.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Shibumi said:
    Sarapis said:
    The irony is that since selling/transferring your character is a shrubbing offense, your character should actually be worth essentially $0 on ebay!
    I understand. But what if I transfer my character mortis causa in a Last Will and Testament so that Shibumi can survive my mortal spoils? For example, dear heir, you are getting this money conditioned to the fact that you must play Achaea and Shibumi must be alive and kicking (which also fits because he is a Monk....) Wouldn't that be cool? True digital immortality?
    I don't think that would change that your character is an extension of -you- and reflects the time and effort you put into it. If anything, just tell them to make a new character and enjoy it. What's to say anyone would enjoy playing a character that's already been developed instead of starting their own? 

• edited October 2013
    Probably because it came out of a joke. I have a supergamerfriend. We have been knowing each other for more than 30 years. I tried to involve him in Achaea, but he can become too addicted with Mmorpgs. So, he prefers to stay a way after a crazy experience with a browser game. Please, Consider, that I would not bar him to play another character but just to make sure that Shibumi survives me. That's the interesting part. "Ideas are bullet proof", if you remember the quote. Actually, the topic can be broader. It something I am considering on different levels.
    Light prevails, always
  • Haha. Strange question...hrm. 200,000 dollars? Maybe more? Lol.

• Remember to include the cost for therapy to treat the rage, depression, multiple personality disorder, etc. stemming from prolonged exposure to Achaea, when calculating your character's net cost.