Serpent Thievery Buff

1234568»

Comments

• As he pointed out in response to my post, it doesn't change the benefit of Thoth's, but using it increases the speed cap you can reach.

As the math Iocun posted earlier and has been quoted multiple times would indicate, you need 15 DEX with Thoth's to read maximum DStab speed.

Maximum reduction without Thoth's: 0.7s

Maximum reduction with Thoth's: 0.8s

Every point of DEX over 13: 0.1s

Every level of artefact dirk: 0.2s

Thoth's(L3) + 15 DEX(2 over 13) = 0.2*3 + 0.1*2 = 0.8s reduction
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Shut up, Geraint.
  • Bark, bark
  • Good boy.
  • Strata said:

I'll tell you the same thing I told Cobra, founder of the SS (who now goes by @Rip) both IG and OOC: Your seniority doesn't mean shit. Start stabbing people, then talk.
    @Strata

I never asked for seniority and I am just getting back into fighting. However, I love watching you serpents kick some major ass, and support you all fully.  

Do I currently suck 100% at fighting, yes.  Do I care...not really.  I have time to learn and grow.  Besides, having that Sat. connection was the pits and really a ping of .700 was not even worth trying to fight.  But I am on 4g, a ping around .090 and loving it! 

Thanks for bringing me into a conversation...

As for this new classleads, I think they are wonderful. 

Rip

• I know this thread is a little old now, and I'm sorry if someone has already answered this question (I looked through to find it, but could not).

How much of an effect does the speed stat of a dirk now have on dstab speed?  Since grabbing an artie-dirk isn't on the top of my priorities list right now, I'm wondering if investing in a high-end forged dirk would be worth it.

My ping is terrible and it's kind of hard to get a solid average, even using the server-side queuing.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited November 2013
    precisely none. As far as Dstab is concerned, all dirks are equal

• Nakari said:
    precisely none. As far as Dstab is concerned, all dirks are equal
    It's not the stats of the dirk that matter, but how you use it.
  • Kuy said:
    I know this thread is a little old now, and I'm sorry if someone has already answered this question (I looked through to find it, but could not).

How much of an effect does the speed stat of a dirk now have on dstab speed?  Since grabbing an artie-dirk isn't on the top of my priorities list right now, I'm wondering if investing in a high-end forged dirk would be worth it.

My ping is terrible and it's kind of hard to get a solid average, even using the server-side queuing.
    Doublestab speed has no relation to the speed stat on a dirk. It has everything to do with your dexterity and artefact dirk level.
  • And how much time you spend polishing your dirk between stabs.
  • Is... is that code? :O
  • Woopsies. I see the retraction of that now!  *blush*
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Aitox said:
    Just chiming in on the server side curing debate since Imperian was mentioned.

Garrynbot (That's what we call it) while heralded by some as a work of art, actually detracted from the game for me. I much prefer the days of having to have your own system.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Doesn't having a server-side curing system available for everyone actually make a game open to more people?
  • Celiana said:
    Doesn't having a server-side curing system available for everyone actually make a game open to more people?
    Yes and no.

Yes, because now the barrier to enter combat is lowered because everybody can stand a reasonable chance of surviving.

No, because you can extrapolate the usual idea of "Find a way to break SVO/Omni" and apply it to a system that's going to be maintained by the game and not players on the outside. Once you figure out the illusion/attack combination that will break the server-side curing system, it's going to be an exploitable thing for quite some time against a lot of people.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It would definitely help out a lot of people, especially new people playing on the web client, but there's drawbacks.

• Arditi said:

Celiana said:

Doesn't having a server-side curing system available for everyone actually make a game open to more people?

Yes and no.

Yes, because now the barrier to enter combat is lowered because everybody can stand a reasonable chance of surviving.

No, because you can extrapolate the usual idea of "Find a way to break SVO/Omni" and apply it to a system that's going to be maintained by the game and not players on the outside. Once you figure out the illusion/attack combination that will break the server-side curing system, it's going to be an exploitable thing for quite some time against a lot of people.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It would definitely help out a lot of people, especially new people playing on the web client, but there's drawbacks.

Yeah but once you're at that level of combat you can tell imperians server side queuing what to cure first. So it is customisable

• Imperian is an IRE game with server-side curing and I know that there are easy ways to overwhelm it. It is nice, though, to be able to just pick it up and play (I dabble) without having to find a mass distributed system. Pretty much it's AUTOCURING ON;AUTOCURING PURGE ON;AUTOCURING FOCUS ON and you're good to go fight.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    And then there's also this:
    http://www.imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Announce/2413

Not sure how I feel about that part of Imperian. Server side curing (either truly server side, or at least packages built in to the web client) is an awesome idea for Achaea. It wouldn't be any better or worse than client side curing. And would be especially helpful for those of us who like to play in a pinch from a mobile device but then some shit goes down and you're like "damnit.... i haz no mudlet...."
  • Daeir said:
    Oh my god please bring those experience changes over.
    Dear god.

Penwize does NOT need to be sped up.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Daeir said:
    Dear god.

They slowed me down by putting these awesome new talismans on terrible experience mobs. :(
  • Penwize said:
    Trevize said:
    Daeir said:
    Dear god.

They slowed me down by putting these awesome new talismans on terrible experience mobs. :(
    That, my friend, was the plan.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.