Mouse fixes

Going with a topic on this one because there are a few ideas/fixes, and others may have found more to list here.

BUG: when slain, a dead suicide mouse still occupies 1 of my 2 mouse slots. had to give to a humgii to train a new one

IDEA: detonation message
Reason 1: every other area skill gives the user some way of knowing whether it worked. This is relevant because to be of any use in a raid or otherwise, we need to know when we're able to educate a new mouse (thanks to the limit of 2).
Reason 2: nearly every other loyal I can think of gives a message when it has been slain or ceases to exist.
Example: 
Fulfilling its grim purpose, a suicide mouse has detonated its (dusty/entangling/concussive/smoky/dizzying) payload in your service.
Mouse162905, your loyal companion, has been slain by itself.

IDEA: A command to locate loyal mice, in the event their target leaves the area and you need to collect existing mice to pursue or use them again
Syntax could be MICE. May also add an unforceable MOUSE RECALL command to have them scuttle back if within appropriate range.

Other ideas welcome. Anything to improve our trans pranks skill.
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• I support this on the basis that suicide mice are the lone redeeming feature of jesters and can always be made better with funny messages about their demise.
  • Giving suicide mice a detonation message would be a massive buff. Could mice a group and then choke/snipe/whatever on impact. 

• Bug with dead mice taking up slots is fixed, will be live fairly soon.
  • Wouldn't mind a mouse recall, but see no need to make it unforceable or add a MICE command.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Santar said:
    Giving suicide mice a detonation message would be a massive buff. Could mice a group and then choke/snipe/whatever on impact. 

Yeah... wouldn't want to make it possible to coordinate area attacks in Achaea. Can you imagine?
  • I'd agree with both of these ideas. Mouse recall would help a lot since if you lose a mouse somewhere you can't make a new one until that one decays.. which is quite a few days. I stopped using them almost as soon as I started because I'd lose a mouse along the way and have to spend ages going room to room looking for it.

On the topic of a message for when a mouse blows up.. I think that is pretty much a must if you're going to coordinate anything with these mice, be it group pk or 1v1 because they have a weird delay going on and it's been nearly impossible to time attacks with the mouse. @santar you expressed some concerns about it being a huge buff.. right now I'd liken it to having meteor arrows or sniping not give a hit or miss message. You have no idea if you're even getting anything done. The things mentioned things are already coordinated anyways. It wouldn't be any worse than a coordinated mindthrow into retardation and sniping.
  • Is this an actual thread or another troll thread? I bet Makarios is going to shrub you if you are messing with him.

i'm a rebel

• Some basic observation skills can answer that. ^.^

Kaie hit the coordination thing on the head though. Currently you send a mouse, have no idea when or if it reaches its target or when you can make a new one.