Paladin Classleads + Addiction Change

Comments

• Mizik said:
    Should just let forest classes mingle in cities again. Miztinel wants to stage a comeback.
    You have been Runewarden for like 5 days. Do you even finish re-transing skills before thinking about your next class? :O

i'm a rebel

• Tbh, AF/BW are like a weaker form of earrings/puppet travel/vodun travel and to some extent evade/hermit/universe/raido. It's not counterable after it's used, sure, but there are tons of escape abilities that aren't.

(The biggest problem with the new "make everything decay when you are out of the room" thing is magi vibes, primarily because it takes much longer to spin a full set of vibes than it does to lay rites.)

• Same for bards. It takes 40 seconds to lay a full set. Our ability for doing it in emergencies (such as getting ganked), which is POES, is currently bugged and has been bugged for a while. Magi do not even have that, though. :|

i'm a rebel

• edited August 2013
    tbh the only vibes that need to decay quickly when the magi is out of room are reverberation and retardation.

Retardation because it's super strong by itself, and reverbation, because the other vibes aren't that great on their own and can just be cubed with no reverb. 

This would allow a mage to still spin all their vibes and leave them ready somewhere, focus then/lay reverb etc when they need to fight, while also disallowing long-term vibe harassment.

• It's even worse when you don't have a MC. *cough*
  • Santar said:
    tbh the only vibes that need to decay quickly when the magi is out of room are reverberation and retardation.

Retardation because it's super strong by itself, and reverbation, because the other vibes aren't that great on their own and can just be cubed with no reverb. 

This would allow a mage to still spin all their vibes and leave them somewhere, focus then/lay reverb etc.
    Right. There's no need to be able to lay retardation or an uncubable stack of vibes somewhere and leave it. It's just pretty impractical to have to constantly spin new full sets of vibes everytime you need them or might need them.

• Synbios said:
    Arador said:
    But then Alchemists would have to come out of the lab or caves. Think of the poor Alchemists!

About time, too. I heard that nicely-tanned Alchemists are all the rage nowadays.
    Just because your cities only have alchemists that transmute all day and never fight dosen't mean they are non-existant. 
  • If they're trying to take away passive offense, just take it all out and replace everything with abilities that require actual real time use instead of making what we have harder and more expensive (crystals for Targs) to set up. They took the time to do it with occies, so they can do the same for other classes with passives. 

• Sweet baby Jesus please do not make bard combat even more complicated. At least until priest classleads are done so I can go priest.

i'm a rebel

• Kyrra said:
    I thought Targossas had druids or something, since they accept forestals and alchemists. Can't they flash for you?
    As I understand it, Targossas grandfathered in Shallamese forestals, but does not accept new ones. So probably have a few, but not many more than any of the other non-Eleusis cities.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Eld said:
    Kyrra said:
    I thought Targossas had druids or something, since they accept forestals and alchemists. Can't they flash for you?
    As I understand it, Targossas grandfathered in Shallamese forestals, but does not accept new ones. So probably have a few, but not many more than any of the other non-Eleusis cities.
    That is correct.  We accept no new forestals but if they were Shallamese forestall they are allowed to join.
  • What is this magical world where you can't stand in the room with your vibes and cast ring regularly?
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Yeah. It was pretty much just an extension of the Shallam grandfathering for the few loyal forestals that played for rl months. No new ones were accepted.

i'm a rebel

• Targossas has one active Druid, which doesn't participate in combat.

• edited August 2013
    Jarrod said:
    What is this magical world where you can't stand in the room with your vibes and cast ring regularly?
    Whatcha gonna do if you want to go do something that takes longer than the out-of-room decay timer? Just let them decay? you gonna run back to them constantly? you gonna focus them/ring them constantly? Vibes aren't quite the same thing as rites/harmonics. Harmonics are similar to vibes but are free. Rites don't really have much similarity in this matter because there's only like 3 rites you'd want up in a fight vs. most people and you can't move them around anyways, so you'd have to lay them when you intend to fight anyways.

Mages should be able to vibe up when they enter realms and reasonably keep them up for stand by as long as they're around. Limiting the fast decay to retardation/reverberation will permit this while still disallowing you to do retarded stuff with your vibes.

• Santar said:
    Harmonics are similar to vibes but are free.
    Redoing harms all the time takes forever and drains a fair bit of willpower.
  • Do me a favor, keep vibes at the exact same decay times until @Jovolo changes class again.

• I think perhaps a more elegant solution would be something like Send vibes/harmonics to Limbo(or something that makes RP sense).

Preserves all harmonics/vibes for a long period of time, like 6 hours or something or until you log off.

The only reason people wanted harmonics/vibes changed to have lesser time is to prevent them from being summoned for the sake of harassing/hindering targets at range for long periods of time.  There's no reason that they shouldn't be able to still use their harmonics/vibes with the same convenience as they had before for normal stuff though. Being able to send your vibes/harmonics to a safe room to "wait for you to call them", while leaving all the other timers the same would make everybody happy.

• edited August 2013
    Synbios said:
    Arador said:
    But then Alchemists would have to come out of the lab or caves. Think of the poor Alchemists!

About time, too. I heard that nicely-tanned Alchemists are all the rage nowadays.

The alchemist way is to synthesise spray tanning lotions for that.
  • Rites/etc got the same nerf as crystalism, well-deserved.

If anything really needed to be looked at it was probably Force, which is like puppet command sans the need to acquire 25 fashions, which has made my every fight as jester vs. paladin extremely irritating with auto-interrupt jitb. Require undeafness at the least.

Nerfs aside, I suppose riftlocks may be possible if you first stack ginseng. Might work for speedy enough rapiers.

Guessing the vardrax isn't going to help jesters riftlock again, as they lack affliction speed/accuracy, but I guess it makes mickey relevant in a roundabout way by instantly stacking ginseng on the first vardrax throw. So that's kinda neat.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Naisar said:
    Xith said:
     they lack affliction speed/accuracy
    Wat
    Puppet imbibe is slow (1.9s), and daggers miss once in a while even at max possible training and even high-forged to-hit, on people with average dexterity.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Flash has not made blackwind/astral useless. It is still fairly strong actually. (combined with piety hitting people in astral/bw though....)
  • edited September 2013
    Q: Can you customise a collared mount?

ETA: Sorry, folks - thought I'd posted this to Quick Questions >_<
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Sylvance said:
    Q: Can you customise a collared mount?
    In physical description, yes, but not anything else about it For example, my golden gryphon is a mangy black gryphon.

• edited September 2013
    @Fitz - So key descriptor has to remain the same?

ETA: Sorry, folks - thought I'd posted this to Quick Questions >_<

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
This discussion has been closed.