Declare inviolate

declare <city> inviolate <time in minutes/on/off>

This would be a GODS ONLY command to declare a city inviolate to sanctioned raids for a short period of time. Personally I feel that all city enemies should be cast out of a city inviolate similar to how the ogres toss people out of Minia. This would allow important events like weddings, concerts, and scripted events to go on unhindered by the 'oh they're busy, lolraid!'.

The final argument could be used to either set it to be for a certain number of minutes or just be hard toggled on and off by the god.
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• Sometimes those intrusions can make for a more interesting event. RP with the enemies.

• edited August 2013
    Yes, it's 'interesting' when a raid interrupts a wedding. There's a reason I thought this up as a gods only command...

ETA- Oops, can we get this moved to the Dais please?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    If a God is there, it is as likely as not that the raiders/intruders/whatever are going to have a Bad Time(TM) anyway for intruding.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited August 2013
    That doesn't stop the interruption in the first place. I am not trying to have every thing we do made inviolate. This is something that should only be used for large/important events at the Gods discretion. If it's really that much of a concern this would be abused perhaps it should only be commands for the Administrators/Sarapis/Tecton.

Personally I feel the full on gods can be trusted enough not to make a city inviolate for a year.

ETA- Gods are often 'there' at major events, they're just lurking. And frankly it shouldn't take the physical presence of a god to make a city unraidable during such major events.
    ~
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited August 2013
    Would totally kill RP. Weddings are supposed to be spied on and/or crashed. If your city can't manage such events, ... then do what @Dunn said.

Edit: I'll take 1% of each contract for agreeing with this!
  • edited August 2013
    How does preventing a lolraid, so the RP can go on uninterrupted, kill RP? If anything the lolraids are the RP killer.
    ~
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Can see cities like Cyrene and Eleusis requesting it indefinitely and probably getting it.

I attended a wedding on a boat recently, Guhem and Solteria's one. It was super fun and they got no interruptions because only the wedding party and guests had boarding perms. :)

I don't really approve sectioning off parts of the game. It was really cool when Strata snuck into Targossas during the final wedding preparations of Silas and Sothantos, and was doing a bit of exploring/spying. I believe Aurora asked him to leave just before the ceremony started. That subsequently resulted in a little RP between him and Paine back in Ashtan.

I get the OP but hardcoded solutions are stupid. Plus most raiders really are reasonable if people would just talk. If you're not a complete dick, most are quite accommodating.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• As a citizen of Cyrene I have to say that we get raided semi-reg and pretty much if I weren't asked to do so I'd feel safe just hanging out in town during a raid because Cyrene has one hell of a group of defenders. I honestly don't like the idea of a stop raid command just roll with it because that's how things are when you live in Sapience. 
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • See, I think it would be awesome if someone raided during a Walker ritual when a Divine is in attendance. Because maybe they'll let me summon spirits to kick ass? would love to do that.
  • edited August 2013
    nvm, remembered who I was talking to
  • This sounds like a lovely option for Them to have, whether they currently do or not. But if it's going to require any sort of effort to design for them, it's probably not worth it for the actual frequency of weddings.

And deprive them of the opportunity to 'zap' people who try to interrupt a proceeding that they are taking time out of their Godly schedules to conduct?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    edited August 2013
    Kyrra said:
    It was really cool when Strata snuck into Targossas during the final wedding preparations of Silas and Sothantos, and was doing a bit of exploring/spying. I believe Aurora asked him to leave just before the ceremony started. That subsequently resulted in a little RP between him and Paine back in Ashtan. 

I thought only @Tesha knew about that! By the time Aurora asked me to leave, it was only a few minutes before the end of the ceremony. I would be extremely disappointed if Targossas could have just systematically disabled my access to the city simply because there was something important going on. Seriously. Something like this would just turn into "We're stocking stockrooms! Flip the switch so nothing bad happens!" and then POOF! Ashtan becomes Minia for an hour. It's the most retarded idea ever.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited August 2013
    Strata said:

Kyrra said:

It was really cool when Strata snuck into Targossas during the final wedding preparations of Silas and Sothantos, and was doing a bit of exploring/spying. I believe Aurora asked him to leave just before the ceremony started. That subsequently resulted in a little RP between him and Paine back in Ashtan. 

I thought only @Tesha knew about that! By the time Aurora asked me to leave, it was only a few minutes before the end of the ceremony. I would be extremely disappointed if Targossas could have just systematically disabled my access to the city simply because there was something important going on. Seriously. Something like this would just turn into "We're stocking stockrooms! Flip the switch so nothing bad happens!" and then POOF! Ashtan becomes Minia for an hour. It's the most retarded idea ever.
    --------------
    I was chilling with (re: getting yanked back into the room with) Paine when you came in to tell him about it. He was pretty afk so I listened instead.

I actually told you to ask Tesha about a log of the events since your own broke or something.

Edit: Phone quoting makes me want to punch someone in the throat.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    I was chilling with (re: getting yanked back into the room with) Paine when you came in to tell him about it. He was pretty afk so I listened instead. I actually told you to ask Tesha about a log of the events since your own broke or something. Edit: Phone quoting makes me want to punch someone in the throat.
    Ohhhh yeah. I remember now. Drugs'r'bad...
  • edited August 2013
    Strata said:
    Kyrra said:

~Goddamned quotes!~

Which is why gods get control of it and not city officials. You think the gods are going to toggle it on for shop stocking? You have a poor opinion of our Gods then.
    And I have seen plenty more idiotic ideas.
    My point is the divine attending an event shouldn't have to be scanning the area to make sure someone isn't being a douche, during such things. As cool as Strata's thing was, Aurora had to take her attention away from the wedding, to deal with some dick (sorry Strata) nosing around?
    ~
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited August 2013

Jonners said:
    Which is why gods get control of it and not city officials. You think the gods are going to toggle it on for shop stocking? You have a poor opinion of our Gods then.
    And I have seen plenty more idiotic ideas.
    My point is the divine attending an event shouldn't have to be scanning the area to make sure someone isn't being a douche, during such things. As cool as Strata's thing was, Aurora had to take her attention away from the wedding, to deal with some dick (sorry Strata) nosing around?
    Now you are just spouting idiocy after idiocy. The point of phasing is to nose around. There is no reason whatsoever why we should get nerfed just because you can't deal with things in an ic manner. You almost remind me of a certain someone's brilliant ideas...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• How did I get tagged four times in this thread. 

i'm a rebel

• edited August 2013
    @Tesha (yes, make that five!)

It retags you if somebody quotes a tag. Bit silly, really...

ETA: Back OT, the real toe-curler on this is the thought of having the option to hard toggle this on... That said, I'm genuinely curious as to why you want it to only stop sanctioned raids when there are a truck of equally (more?) frustrating things that enemies can be doing during your wedding.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • STOP TAGGING ME AHHHHH.

i'm a rebel

• Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Sylvance said:
    @Tesha (yes, make that five!)

It retags you if somebody quotes a tag. Bit silly, really...

ETA: Back OT, the real toe-curler on this is the thought of having the option to hard toggle this on... That said, I'm genuinely curious as to why you want it to only stop sanctioned raids when there are a truck of equally (more?) frustrating things that enemies can be doing during your wedding.
    That's why I put in the 'cast out similar to Minia ogres' thing in..
    ~
  • Going to start pking people.

i'm a rebel

• @Tesha - You're going to any, might as well give you more of an excuse.

And I fully disagree with locking down any place aside from Minia/Lodi/Gheladan. It is my right as a Serpent with Phase to crash any wedding/ceremony/gathering that I feel I deserved an invitation to.

• I hope your enter key breaks. All of you.

i'm a rebel

This discussion has been closed.