Combat Logs

Comments

• Saonji said:
    Shecks said:
    It being so strong is definitely opinion, and could be argued
    It's really not. The class is extremely strong.

It's amazing people think the butterfly transfix change isn't a buff. Not only does it make the dismember route more fluid, it also allows forking between petrify and dismember even more easily than it previously was... I mean I guess most Sentinels are autobots who can't tell buffs from nerfs, and just use someone else's offence, but yeah.

So stop making their offence!  heh.

It was so frustrating going into the arena to try to test mine against people that forgot how to shut their 'other-people's-offence' off.  They either spammed shield or on certain attacks would counter and go haywire, killing me as I isolated certain issues of my own all while AFK. 

It has discouraged me..  and now I will just try to get "enemies" to be decent enough to work w me since almost everyone in Eleusis seems to have this system.

• Caelan said:
    So stop making their offence!  heh.
    I ain't make shit. The one or two Eleusians with my system made their own offences.

I also don't really have much curing setup against Sentinel, so chances are they weren't using mine. I certainly don't have auto shield, or any sort of reactionary attacks whatsoever.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited February 2021
    Caelan said:
    It was so frustrating going into the arena to try to test mine against people that forgot how to shut their 'other-people's-offence' off.  They either spammed shield or on certain attacks would counter and go haywire, killing me as I isolated certain issues of my own all while AFK. 

Welcome to the illusion meta!   Illusions will be an annoyance to people leaning too much on trackers but they're a death sentence to these copy/paste people.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Lol    
  • Shecks said:
    Vikrama said:
    Does anyone have any serpent logs they're willing to share? I'm trying to get into serpent combat and have been having troubles. Any help would be awesome!
    If you're on good terms with Targossas ping me in game.  Not big on teaching combat out of character.
    I just left Targossas earlier this week sadly  :s@Shecks
  • It has discouraged me..  and now I will just try to get "enemies" to be decent enough to work w me since almost everyone in Eleusis seems to have this system.
    This experience seems wildly different to mine.    There are plenty of people I regularly practice with in Eleusis who don't use borrowed offence (or for that matter, defence).
  • Whelp, edit timer is gone.    Attempted re-wording in less accustory fashion:

Man that sucks - I've been able to find people to practice with in the Village who see to know what their offence and defence are doing.    There's also been an influx of new fighters, so might be an opportunity to reach out again and see if things are different!
  • edited February 2021
    oh no worries.  I didnt take it as an accusation.  My times are varied and usually people are busy.  I seem to get the idlers.  It isnt a huge deal since I havent had time to play in just over a week anyway.  Ive been busy w. RL stuff.  I plan on getting back to it ASAP but RL has just kept me busy - so if I do log in, it is anywhere between 6am and 2am and I take what I can get.  I had s buddy and we were lesrning and pra ticing stuff together but he stopped showing up for same reasons.

I noticed the new fighters and plan to harass them.  First I need to address the recent changes to Sentiel and update limb targetting so...

• Archaeon said:
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/A0D9LcTV
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/ipjLZNZf

2 logs where I am at 23 STR (the most you can get without runes) and disemboweling with lvl1 torso damage.  Is there any point to even attempting this any more?
    Imagine the life as a Runewarden where Disembowel is the only real "killpath" aviable, would give one leg and one arm to have a runelore based instant kill so there were something to work against when the target is pretty much immune to disembowel because of those defences. It's the same thing with Air Lord, their Wind shield whatever the name is defence block disembowel damage too.

As for Caelan, if you happened to stumble upon Savira in game you can abuse her as a targetdummy for testing out stuff as much as you like. Currently stuck with studies so mostly just sit at Atop doing nothing and my entire offence is based on button smashing so no automated stuff that might randomly fire.
    Always thought that lvl1 torso dsb should be Insta no matter what. Would help non artefacted fighters get into the pk scene as well.
  • Archaeon said:
    Always thought that lvl1 torso dsb should be Insta no matter what. Would help non artefacted fighters get into the pk scene as well.

Snb would need to be changed considerably if dsb was insta. Considering it can do them guaranteed. Same for 2hander.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Would probably help a lot for non arties yeah, as it stands right now with runeblade you need 20 str for disembowel with lvl 1 torso to be instana kill, 22 without runeblades.
    This however it not taking into account the reduce all dmg such as Algiz and similar defenses.
    As it stands right now: As a runewarden without arties you can get to 19? str, 15 base (Troll Mercenary), +1 from trait, +1 Rune, +2 Rage then the disembowel would do aprox 96% of max health dmg, without counting in these defenses. 
    If paladins still have that +2str inspiration buff then you should be able to reach 21 without arties and land on similar numbers for disembowel without runeblade.
    So in theory the DWC would be fine with this because if the target tumble off and disembowel themself on the impale they can just follow up with Lunge for 30ish% and stun which in theory should kill the target.
    The rest who dont have access to lunge have to look follow and gamble on the rebounding, as twohanded if they have rebounding and you hit without carve then you miss the kill, if you lead with carve and they dont have rebounding you knock yourself off balance and they have another 2ish seconds to act. If you havent secured a double lvl 3 break from the devestate for a double disembowel then you've just wasted a lot of time nothing.
    Saonji said:
    Archaeon said:

Snb would need to be changed considerably if dsb was insta. Considering it can do them guaranteed. Same for 2hander.
    Just stick epilepsy lol
  • Saonji said:
    Archaeon said:

well to be fair, with proper prep and execution all disembowels and guaranteed, it's just a question of how easy they are to set up
    That's not true. Tumbling is great
  • edited February 2021
    tumble off impale deal same damage as disembowel though, or should do at least.
    Or was that changed when I wasnt paying attention?
    hrm just tested, seem like tumbling off does slightly less damage, about 8% or so
  • It's not the same, it's drastically reduced. Tumbling from a torso impale will only be 70-75% damage instead of 90-100+

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It doesn't do the damage of torso dsb, and never has. It does do damage.
  • edited February 2021
    Hrm must have been pre damage that mess with my head, always felt like people die no matter if they tumble or not when I fight as a twohanded unless they are other runewardens or I've messed up with the torso break :/
    Just made a test run to double check and the disembowel did 76ish% while the tumble just did 40% with 15 str and lvl 1 torso break.
    Savira said:
    when I fight as a twohanded 
    here u go
  • Your bug report (detail: I had miriads on Amranu and Caetano, Caetano lyred, and I think I just never lost balance because my miriad was hitting the lyre: https://ada-young.com/pastebin/mYRmAPnD) - has been fixed.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/mYRmAPnD

If someone could test to make sure this is fixed, that'd be great. I don't have Psion and don't want to waste a nut!
    lol what
  • It's probably time to make DSB bypass resist alls like scales, algiz, etc. That's where 90% of the problems are.

The rest can be solved by not letting your opponent be at 100% hp when the DSB hits. That requires you to be fluid in combat which takes quite a bit more skill - but that's okay. 

A Runelore based insta would be sweet but probably not going to happen without a great, fleshed out classlead.

• This log makes me laugh. Went from thinking I had him dead, to being dead. Had NO idea you could simply ride home away from a petrify.

I also learned to carry food with me.

Good. That shit needs some sort of counter

• You would think being petrified would mean you can't talk.

• edited March 2021

One of the things I learned from Farrah is the "drop monolith on every balance" toggle. It's quite useful for stuff like this. Might be good to always drop one on Petrify as well.

• Bug abuse. He used to do that till it got fixed:

CLASSLEADS NEWS #25                   (05/23/2018 at 00:06)  

From  : Makarios, the Meticulous

To   : Everyone

Subject: A small batch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<snip>

Skirmishing

-----------

* You may no longer SAY while PETRIFIED. This includes for RIDE HOME, DUANATHAR, and other such say-triggered escapes.

• edited March 2021

this seems a little ridiculous, double exits, I was ready to just run off.

I missed my 132ms window after I got to do two balances worth of stuff, my bad I guess?

I'm not saying I would've won, but at least I could've done something.

So fun and engaging.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/lB8xtjEU

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.

you hit secrets twice, back to back, definitely check to see if you have stupidity if you're making a bunch of actions like enemy/g body/mount/etc before your action, it will cut down on secrets procs. also not spamming in para does help vs stupidity. stupidity proccing secrets is shit, and not very fun for anyone involved and that'd be great to see that get solved.

as to your curing, definitely swap over to digging for impatience if you've got 3+ petrify affs ( hallucinations, dizziness, recklessness, confusion, paranoia, epilepsy, and impatience) and tumble away. don't try leap, don't try mountjump, either move if not paralyzed or tumble if so.

i know it sucks, used to fight against it.