Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Combat Logs

1549550552554555567

Comments

  • MakariosMakarios Administrator Posts: 1,325 Achaean staff

    A ten minute cooldown tends to constrain the reincarnation to once per melee. I'm mostly fine with that, and it gives us a mechanism to work with outside the standard cooldown. Raising that to 20/30/40 minutes etc becomes a trivial exercise to eliminate the issue: I prefer to start small with these kind of changes, as a general rule.

    The likely resolution we'll go if the problem becomes overly pronounced (I'm not convinced it is at this point) is to just remove the resurrection aspect from gems. But we'll cross that bridge if it proves necessary.

    As for what changed, nothing really. Decisions serve as a general placeholder for my inclination at the time. I often diverge quite a bit from that once I've had some thinking time.

    ShirszaeValaria
  • VercioVercio Member Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21233wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    This location is already shrouded in magical darkness.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21261wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    With a prayer to the Malevolent One, bloodworms erupt from the earth and begin to spread out into 
    the surrounding rooms.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21211wx- 23.8%,cxkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    The doll of you (made by Andraste) no longer exists.
    You have been slain by Andraste.


    .... Why was there no change in my health or mana or anything?
  • KythraKythra Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Vercio said:
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21233wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    This location is already shrouded in magical darkness.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21261wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    With a prayer to the Malevolent One, bloodworms erupt from the earth and begin to spread out into 
    the surrounding rooms.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21211wx- 23.8%,cxkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    The doll of you (made by Andraste) no longer exists.
    You have been slain by Andraste.


    .... Why was there no change in my health or mana or anything?
    Reckless. It's a fun trick when put into blackout. You also won't clot or see bleeding when it happens. So they put you under blackout and hidden confuse or reckless. Always spam diagnose and defense when you aren't in the same room as shaman.
    ShirszaeAntidasKasa
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,440 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kythra said:
    Vercio said:
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21233wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    This location is already shrouded in magical darkness.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21247wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21261wex- 23.8%,cexkdb|b- Andraste  
    With a prayer to the Malevolent One, bloodworms erupt from the earth and begin to spread out into 
    the surrounding rooms.
    | 6670hp | 6957mp(100%) | 27900e| 21211wx- 23.8%,cxkdb|b- Andraste  
    An invisible hand grips your throat and clenches down tightly, blocking any air from passing through.
     You stumble and cough, but you are unable to loosen the crushing hold around your neck.
    The doll of you (made by Andraste) no longer exists.
    You have been slain by Andraste.


    .... Why was there no change in my health or mana or anything?
    Reckless. It's a fun trick when put into blackout. You also won't clot or see bleeding when it happens. So they put you under blackout and hidden confuse or reckless. Always spam diagnose and defense when you aren't in the same room as shaman.
    You don't even need blackout. Vodun afflictions don't give any message if the Vodun user is out of room when they use it

    FarrahShirszaeValaria
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 18
    I heartstop after blackout because I don't know how else to respond... They made a puppet of me and knocked me out cold... I thought it was love...
    Asmodron
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 18
    If shaman is out of the room (and you know they have a decently-fashioned doll), diagnose frequently. If diagnose isn't working, CONCENTRATE. If you get blacked out, diagnose. Don't keep trying to fight them. Also hold breath (don't remember if that stops throttle or not, from memory. P sure it does.)

    Surprised whatever system you're using doesn't have a damage+recklessness check (at least for throttle)
    Shirszae
  • VercioVercio Member Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    SVOF lol 
  • AntidasAntidas Member Posts: 1,207 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 18
    Melodie said:
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    Don't do this. If they snuck confusion in the blackout, you'll be hit for a long EQ loss. I just assume confusion on blackout ending and focus, then you can safely diagnose (assuming you aren't being peppered by mental afflictions at the time, in which case alter strategy as appropriate for the scenario).

    Ankhareoutef
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 3,648 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 19
    Antidas said:
    Melodie said:
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    Don't do this. If they snuck confusion in the blackout, you'll be hit for a long EQ loss. I just assume confusion on blackout ending and focus, then you can safely diagnose (assuming you aren't being peppered by mental afflictions at the time, in which case alter strategy as appropriate for the scenario).
    The better question is why don't you preempt your diagnose with concentrate? It's free to fail ;)


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AmranuAmranu Member Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Shaman doesn't have a way of knocking off equilibrium that doesn't give a notification. The only ability they have that does this, Arius, is visible in blackout.
    AntidasDochitha
  • AntidasAntidas Member Posts: 1,207 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Atalkez said:
    Antidas said:
    Melodie said:
    Honestly I just always diagnose after a blackout because it's always worth the caution.
    Don't do this. If they snuck confusion in the blackout, you'll be hit for a long EQ loss. I just assume confusion on blackout ending and focus, then you can safely diagnose (assuming you aren't being peppered by mental afflictions at the time, in which case alter strategy as appropriate for the scenario).
    The better question is why don't you preempt your diagnose with concentrate? It's free to fail ;)
    Because of what Amranu said, and also because concentrating won't cure confusion if you have it. Yeah it'll cure disrupt, and I usually do concentrate as well after blackout, before the focus - but that doesn't help stop having a super long diagnose EQ time if they did stick confusion!

  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I think the "You cannot concentrate" message will fire regardless though, no?
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,252 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    PSA: if you get a memento pipe and only have artie pipes, please remember to keep a tinder on hand. Apparently serverside just caches the last used pipe for an herb so things like this happen...

    [Nutmeg]: Softlocked!
    AFF| ASTHMA
    Focusing inward, you purge your body of afflictions.
    Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    That pipe isn't lit.

    I fought in a few fights and kept getting locked super fast... then I saw why. 


    Bonus songbird OP:

    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: QUEUEALIAS
    You quickly prick Omor with your dirk. [Gecko + Kalmia]
    Striking like a snake, you prick Omor a second time with your dirk.
    With a characteristic Jaziran trill, Morthif sings a qasida of asceticism to 
    Omor.
    The songbird upon Morthif's shoulder perfectly mimics the recitation of an epic 
    tale of the heroism of Nicator to Omor.
    4661h, 5389m, 21470e, 24254w cekdb-


    DochithaMorthif
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Should start practicing your bird calls.
    DunnBann
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Generally, Bard OP. 
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Dunn said:
    PSA: if you get a memento pipe and only have artie pipes, please remember to keep a tinder on hand. Apparently serverside just caches the last used pipe for an herb so things like this happen...

    [Nutmeg]: Softlocked!
    AFF| ASTHMA
    Focusing inward, you purge your body of afflictions.
    Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    That pipe isn't lit.

    I fought in a few fights and kept getting locked super fast... then I saw why. 


    Bonus songbird OP:

    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: QUEUEALIAS
    You quickly prick Omor with your dirk. [Gecko + Kalmia]
    Striking like a snake, you prick Omor a second time with your dirk.
    With a characteristic Jaziran trill, Morthif sings a qasida of asceticism to 
    Omor.
    The songbird upon Morthif's shoulder perfectly mimics the recitation of an epic 
    tale of the heroism of Nicator to Omor.
    4661h, 5389m, 21470e, 24254w cekdb-
    Got irrationally upset at the RNGesus on your side with that lock. :scream:
    But I was trolling the hell out of you so I might have deserved it. <3
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

    got gud
  • LlesveltLlesvelt Member Posts: 15
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 22
    Llesvelt said:
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Keorin.Processed Cures(weariness)

    Might wanna fix that. Weariness isn't focusable anymore, and hasn't been for well over a year now. Automated logs so boring to read.
    LlesveltAnedhel
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 22
    Generally logs are posted for criticism / advice. Calling something boring to look at is not really elitist, but alright.
    When one of the first lines quite literally says 'will repeat <action> forever' well...

    Coulda done without the asshole-y second bit, Dunn, but that seems to be your MO. See how this works? :)
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 22
    And yet, advice was still offered. Pretty welcoming, yes?

    @Llesvelt - Keorin stares about herself frenziedly, wild-eyed.
    Add this to your tracker, it's masochism. If you're using nightmare, you should be aiming for much higher uptime on impatience, since that capstone affliction from nightmare is hellsight. Also your tracker doesn't seem to be realising that when they're focusing, they no longer have impatience. Could have locked her considerably sooner otherwise.

    Look at me, Dunn! More advice!
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    candy covered shit is still shit. So is your advice
    Bann
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Missed your shitposting, Aegoth. <3 It would not be forums without your presence.
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    shit on everything
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,319 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aegoth said:
    shit on everything
    Then blow it up

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    And yet, advice was still offered. Pretty welcoming, yes?

    @Llesvelt - Keorin stares about herself frenziedly, wild-eyed.
    Add this to your tracker, it's masochism. If you're using nightmare, you should be aiming for much higher uptime on impatience, since that capstone affliction from nightmare is hellsight. Also your tracker doesn't seem to be realising that when they're focusing, they no longer have impatience. Could have locked her considerably sooner otherwise.

    Look at me, Dunn! More advice!

    It's dementia, not masochism.
    DunnAntidasAustereBann
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    One of the two. Some focusable that stops hellsight being applied by nightmare (if impatience isn't present). Been a while.
  • LlesveltLlesvelt Member Posts: 15
    I appreciate all the comments from my little post. They were of great assistance. Thank you
Sign In to Comment.