Combat Logs

Comments

• Krypton said:
    Kiet said:
    People have been doing the trade deal bug for over a RL year, where's the evidence it's illegal? :smile:

Five Announce posts, even more forums posts, and 7 shrubs, for starters
    You missed his point. How shocking
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You thought he had a point at all. How expected.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Boy, these insignificant, pesky insects sure are out there in droves tonight
  • edited May 2017
    Sure are some mighty fine combat logs.

My first out of arena fight/bounty/thing. :open_mouth:

I did it, mum! Was fun, @Gannicus!
  • The ship trade bug wasn't written in a post on the public news boards. You'd think at least one of the admin would actually be abreast of what's been put up there.
  • The issue isn't the offer of the reward. The issue is people thinking that the potential reward means they have sufficient justification to attack somebody.
  • Yeah, I've just been getting the heads during raids/actual bounties from the city and sending them in.  Donate what we get to the city bcz might as well make some moolah for the city doing God's Work.
  • edited May 2017
    Frederich said:
    Yeah, I've just been getting the heads during raids/actual bounties from the city and sending them in.  Donate what we get to the city bcz might as well make some moolah for the city doing God's Work.
    And this is my issue with it.  It "farms out" the work / gank squads that ELEUSIS should be forming.  We get raided by every other city.  Why in the hell would we want to PAY them to supply themselves to raid more?  Counter-productive on just about every level imaginable, but imho moreso that it steals valuable combat experience / bonding through tough times from the citizens (though that didn't work well for Shallam either, they just got lazier until all the normal combatant got burnt out)

• Well according to the reasoning this is supposed to be completely separate from Eleusis right, since she's taking off her Hierophant hat to post as the High Warden? The only problem is both of those hats are stuck on her head, and neither can be removed without the other being implicated in what's said.
  • edited May 2017
    Caelan said:
    Frederich said:
    Yeah, I've just been getting the heads during raids/actual bounties from the city and sending them in.  Donate what we get to the city bcz might as well make some moolah for the city doing God's Work.
    And this is my issue with it.  It "farms out" the work / gank squads that ELEUSIS should be forming.  We get raided by every other city.  Why in the hell would we want to PAY them to supply themselves to raid more?  Counter-productive on just about every level imaginable, but imho moreso that it steals valuable combat experience / bonding through tough times from the citizens (though that didn't work well for Shallam either, they just got lazier until all the normal combatant got burnt out)
    On second thought, these rules are in place to keep this game balanced and not devolve into Grand Theft Achaea Online. Breaking them usually just leads to further escalation and more lol-ish behaviour from both sides, especially via gank squads.

I'm 95%-ish dormant but I didn't condone Merewyn's post or the uprooting antics/ideological shift in Eleusis, nfi what's going on there recently. I was planning on doing what Iakimen and I usually did from time to time and that's hunt players within an rl day after intentionally griefy conflict, which I guess is illegal since I'm factionless. 

edit : I mean, I can understand Mhaldor's conduct from a psychological perspective, it's the behavioural consequence of a few of their older players letting out years of angst of being bullied in a text-game, now that they finally have the means to do so. It's probably healthy to let them vent for awhile

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Yeah use your little understanding of the subject to just call it elder Mhaldorians crying, real classy dude.
  • Considering that it's Exelethril making that claim, I find the irony to be unbearable
  • Micaelis said:
    I love when Eleusis and Mhaldor have their little tickle fights. Both sides gank the other 500 v 1, raid at 3 AM in the morning when no one is around, kill every guard, uproot every totem, and kill every single novice right as they get out of the intro quest.

Listening to the evidence from both sides I've come to the conclusion that every Mhaldorian is just an Eleusian alt and vice versa. You all just have the most ridiculous case of schizophrenia I've ever heard of.
    Busy working, can't gank noobs. :(
  • Micaelis said:
    I love when Eleusis and Mhaldor have their little tickle fights. Both sides gank the other 500 v 1, raid at 3 AM in the morning when no one is around, kill every guard, uproot every totem, and kill every single novice right as they get out of the intro quest.

Listening to the evidence from both sides I've come to the conclusion that every Mhaldorian is just an Eleusian alt and vice versa. You all just have the most ridiculous case of schizophrenia I've ever heard of.
    The problem now is, Eleusis NEVER has the numbers to fight, at least not at my peak play times. And with the recent upswing in Mhaldorians, it's only skewing the numbers even more. There are plenty of Eleusians who don't fight, there are much less Mhaldorians that don't.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    So basically, the tables have turned
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yes, and yet we still only generally fight when their cwho is bigger than ours except for a few cases since the bounty posting :smile:
  • edited May 2017
    Kiet said:
    Yes, and yet we still only generally fight when their cwho is bigger than ours except for a few cases since the bounty posting :smile:
    Look at the names, not the numbers.
  • The chances you'll get a truly equal fight without arranging it beforehand is probably close to zero, though. Some of us do try to do the best we can, making it a fight Eleusis can take to the best of our ability, but if you're expecting people to wait for a perfectly evenhanded fight, then people'd never get a chance to fight at all, really.
  • Trying to tune it to an even fight is hard when people want to join... I don't know anyone who is like oh you want to join the raid group.. Sorry no

• Taryius said:
     I don't know anyone who is like oh you want to join the raid group.. Sorry no

We do this in Targossas all the time.

But it is hard to do because everyone wants to have fun.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited May 2017
    It's easier for experienced fighters to just sit out, instead. That's what I usually do if the other party stands no chance and I'm not being petty. That way, novices/semi-coms, etc. all get a chance to practice.

Do make sure to tell people though or your MoW is gonna be mad when no one's left there for the guard rush!
  • Kiet said:
    It's easier for experienced fighters to just sit out, instead. That's what I usually do if the other party stands no chance and I'm not being petty. That way, novices/semi-coms, etc. all get a chance to practice.

Do make sure to tell people though or your MoW is gonna be mad when no one's left there for the guard rush!
    Farrah and Atalkez often sit out, i do too on occasion. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited May 2017
    Reyson said:
    The chances you'll get a truly equal fight without arranging it beforehand is probably close to zero, though. Some of us do try to do the best we can, making it a fight Eleusis can take to the best of our ability, but if you're expecting people to wait for a perfectly evenhanded fight, then people'd never get a chance to fight at all, really.
    I agree. This' why I pushed hard for having Eleusis fight all the cities, we were stomping Mhaldor too hard and had to spread the joy. ;)

• Even th
     <3 
  • Rangor said:
    Kiet said:
    Yes, and yet we still only generally fight when their cwho is bigger than ours except for a few cases since the bounty posting :smile:
    If only you had ever looked at names or numbers when you raided. Instead, you brought 2-3x the number of people we had online weekly for years while telling us to suck it up.

• edited May 2017
    Cooper said:
    Rangor said:
    Kiet said:
    If only you had ever looked at names or numbers when you raided. Instead, you brought 2-3x the number of people we had online weekly for years while telling us to suck it up.
    I am not the one currently trying to justify my actions and I am not implying you have to justify yours, just pointing out the stupidity in counting numbers only. nice diversion though. Don't worry Cooper, you could never fall of your high horse even if you wanted to.

But since you brought it up, I raided and guard raided on my own timezone when we had people and numbers for sure. I usually had one or two raids a week on average, sometimes more sometimes less. Sometimes you had enough to defend, sometimes you didn't.

If it is the oh so delicious "payback" you are going for, you're doing a good job! Except you're just affecting people that weren't alive or Eleusian back then. :dissapointed:
  • Nope, not for payback. That part just makes it more satisfying to me.