Where did you go...

13»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Now you need to monetize your happiness. ^^
  • Salisbury State University and than Various Community and Online Colleges
    Never finished any of the 6 or 7 degrees I have started
    Studied in a double major of Marine Biology and Marine Ecology at Salisbury, than various tech degrees at the rest of the schools
    ----

Yeah I hate school, never want to go back, but my company has a great program for helping with returning to college, and I could used an extra 20-30k a year that the piece of paper would get me...
  • 1. Did my undergrad at Willamette University, and am just starting work on my Masters at Boston University

2. Psychology!

3. I adored WU, and have high hopes for BU.

4. Currently a grad student, with the goal of becoming an autism-focused researcher.
  • Alright, so I dont appear like some have suspected a creepy, information gathering soon to be mass murderer, I will answer as well. The reason I asked this was because I have to decide what it is I want to do, because I dont start college until next year! So I was looking into what you guys were majoring in, the universities, and that sort of thing. I'll answer with where I am thinking of applying, and what I may major in.

What college would I like to go to? Recently, I have been looking at University of Santa Clara, UC Santa Barbara, or Montana State University. Then I met some bikers here on the coast, allowed them to stay with me, they were from Temple University, so that prompted me to look into that one. Also not a bad choice.

What do I want to major in/career? I like stocks, business management, but also have done some work in the teaching field and am good with kids. Being the Achaea addict I am, Computer Science could also be a fun minor. 

Will I like it there? We'll find out!

My job now: Waiter at a BBQ roadhouse, and was doing IRE blogging on the side until that stopped.
  • @zuko
    Good luck. :D   
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Took a radio/TV course in a college and did radio for a few years. (@Metzger got a shout-out once over the air because he'd never heard the Tragically Hip before! Much fun.) Got married, had a kid, and am now trying to either get freelancing as a copywriter/audio producer/VA or pick a new career and go back to school.

Do yourself a favour. Don't pick radio unless you don't mind eating Kraft Dinner every night, lol.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Jhaeli said:

Took a radio/TV course in a college and did radio for a few years. (@Metzger got a shout-out once over the air because he'd never heard the Tragically Hip before! Much fun.) Got married, had a kid, and am now trying to either get freelancing as a copywriter/audio producer/VA or pick a new career and go back to school.

Do yourself a favour. Don't pick radio unless you don't mind eating Kraft Dinner every night, lol.

LOVE the Hip!

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Where did you go to college?
    I spent 9/10ths of my adult life behind bars. Currently failing through a local community college... I go because I like it and it keeps me out of trouble. Work and family related things came up and I made some bad choices and ... Yeah... The loans are going to be rough - but I don't regret going to college whatsoever.

What is your major?
    Welding Techlonogy, though I am thinking about switching up going for a BA in EE.

Did you like it there?
    For a community college, all of my instructors are the real deal - not just book smart retards. I've learned alot from them about more than just a trade - about life in general.

What is your job now?
    I am a low-life computer janitor who does highly-specialized sysadmin and software development work for shit pay.
    I don't have a dream job. I just hope to continue doing what I enjoy.
  • A now somewhat besmirched university.
    I regret my major.
    I enjoyed college life for the most part.
    My last job was an OTR truck driver.
  • @zukoGood luck. :D Let me know if you need 1,000,000 dollars I'll give it to you anytime   
    Wow! Thanks Averi! 
  • Jhaeli said:
    Took a radio/TV course in a college and did radio for a few years. (@Metzger got a shout-out once over the air because he'd never heard the Tragically Hip before! Much fun.) Got married, had a kid, and am now trying to either get freelancing as a copywriter/audio producer/VA or pick a new career and go back to school.

<br My father runs the local radio station, I have done my DJ times and no thanks. When I was 6 I was DJ Rob, and I wanted to play "Soopaman by fiwve fo fighting) ((Really, "Superman" By Five for Fighting but I couldnt say my R's))