Where did you go...

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

I am currently in College. At the UCSD. No, not in that one. Not having the best of runs right now. I am very bad at studying. I hate math. Math hates me, too. I am studying what could be termed Computer Science, I suppose.  

Anyway...

Hope to get a job soon.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Sothantos said:
    Watch as Zuko turns out to be collecting data on everyone to stalk them and start an Achaea murder spree.
    Damn... I'm caught
  • Sothantos said:
    Watch as Zuko turns out to be collecting data on everyone to stalk them and start an Achaea murder spree.
    Also interesting that he hasn't answered himself... :-?
  • a. Entering university in a few days, WPUNJ

b. Communications major, concentration in Print Journalism, though thinking of changing.

c. If its not fun, you'll notice I'll be playing Achaea much more often

• all i know is alcinae's gonna be a college dropout, manage to get into classes at some point through late registration, then finally reach graduation
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited August 2013
    Yes! I'll experience some heartbreak and experience my beautiful dark twisted fantasy, and when you see me IC I'll be calling myself Yeezus with my Sartai wife and fly North West de Rothschild.
  • Alcinae said:
    a. Entering university in a few days, WPUNJ

My lady friend went there. The big park/hiking place next to the college is great. 
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    edited August 2013
    University of Missouri
    Fisheries and Wildlife, and Forestry
    MU is okay. They take themselves a bit seriously.
    I work as a naturalist at a nature center. 
     yes, sir.
  • edited August 2013
    State University

Mehanical Engineering

Yes, I loved it there. Met lots of great people, got to visit lots of cool places and got to do some fancy engineering stuff!

Right now, I'm on my first job in a Petrochemical company working as a Field Technician.

• Pretty interesting variety. 
  • No one else an accounting major here? Although I guess US accounting is way different than most of the civilised world anyway. All your rules and not guidelines. Switch to IFRS and make my life easier plz.
  • Iv heard Accounting sucks
  • edited September 2013
    Zuko said:
    Iv heard Accounting sucks
    I guess that depends on your definition of "sucks." I think English and philosophy classes suck. Which is why I don't take them. 

Know what doesn't suck? Going into a profession that has an average yearly wage of $181,203 in your country.
  • Tania said:

Know what doesn't suck? Going into a profession that has an average yearly wage of $181,203 in your country.

What kind of accounting are you doing that makes that much? Most accountants I know make about 40-60k. 
  • Tania said:

What kind of accounting are you doing that makes that much? Most accountants I know make about 40-60k. 
    This is true in Australia too. Unless we're talking accountant in a Fortune 500 company and are a trained CPA. Even then you might get AUD$82 / annum. 
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited September 2013
    I forgot to link the source. It's chartered accountants in Canada, and that number was from a report from 2011 done by the CAs.

http://www.cpasource.com/General/National_Compensation_Survey_2011-Summary_Report-English.pdf

ETA: that is an average, so it will include the people making millions at a public company as CEO, and the people making $30k at a non-profit.
  • AUD$82/annum? £47 a year? Or do you mean 82k/annum?

Man, at best I'm going to be earning ~24k/annum when I graduate in like four years.
  • Chryenth said:
    AUD$82/annum? £47 a year? Or do you mean 82k/annum?

Man, at best I'm going to be earning ~24k/annum when I graduate in like four years.

$82k. No clue on pounds sorry. Though does match what I used to earn in my waitressing days (£47 / yr ) talk about earning negative wages. 
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• I just put it in a converter. I thought living on $82/year seemed unlikely. :P

gdi i wish i had an income.
    You're killing me with your money talk. Even if I go for a masters the max I'll make is likely to be around 40k/year in US dollars. HA! Please roll around in your money for me.
     yes, sir.
  • It's important to be happy with what you do, I guess?

Being rich would be nice, though.
  • Tania said:
    I forgot to link the source. It's chartered accountants in Canada, and that number was from a report from 2011 done by the CAs. http://www.cpasource.com/General/National_Compensation_Survey_2011-Summary_Report-English.pdf ETA: that is an average, so it will include the people making millions at a public company as CEO, and the people making $30k at a non-profit.
    Okay, that makes a bit more sense where you got the number at. I will say this: If I could make 60k a year being an accountant in say, Houston, or 40k a year being an accountant in Vancouver, there would not be much of a discussion. 
  • Tekk said:
    Tania said:
    I forgot to link the source. It's chartered accountants in Canada, and that number was from a report from 2011 done by the CAs. http://www.cpasource.com/General/National_Compensation_Survey_2011-Summary_Report-English.pdf ETA: that is an average, so it will include the people making millions at a public company as CEO, and the people making $30k at a non-profit.
    Okay, that makes a bit more sense where you got the number at. I will say this: If I could make 60k a year being an accountant in say, Houston, or 40k a year being an accountant in Vancouver, there would not be much of a discussion. 
    To put it more in perspective: getting your designation requires seven years of schooling. So compensation reflects that. The numbers are pulled directly from the report summary, as well.

But comparing US accounting to Canadian accounting isn't really reasonable, because our accounting systems are quite different.
    Chryenth said:
    It's important to be happy with what you do, I guess?

Being rich would be nice, though.
    True, I am very happy!
     yes, sir.