[MUDLET] Monk Tekura System

Monk Tekura System by Denex

Current version: 1.0

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and then our tools shape us."

Welcome to the Central Help Manual for Denex's custom Monk Tekura system. It will allow you to wield the delicate art of Tekura within Achaea like nothing else before it. The system has been heavily modified and refined over the last two years, and is finally freely public and shared. 

Donations are always welcome, but the system is quite free to use.

It works off of a rather simple keybind system (but what's under the hood is anything but), allowing you to fully customize the keys you wish to use if desired. As is, it's built for laptops and designed to work universally for any english keyboard, PC or Macintosh. 

********************************************************************************
                                     Features
********************************************************************************

- Active limb targeting, allowing you to attack virtually any limb at any time.

- Axe combo conjoining -- You can actively replace kicks with envenomed axe throws (if you have the ability within Weaponry)

- Ability to pre-load combo's allowing you to fire off an attack.

- Built and customized for Laptop use, not requiring a keypad or alterior controller.

- Perform any combo imaginable with relative ease. Wish to kick the left arm, punch the right arm, then punch the left leg? Easy as 1,2,3! (Literally!)

How it Works

Each keybind works on its own set list. The list (For quick reference) is seen below.

To use it:
-----------

1.) Set your target to your opponent. 

2.) Press CTRL+0 to reset the Combo Queue.

3.) Press the CONTROL key (Ctrl) in conjunction with the corresponding key as defined below. (It will load the limb in the queue, setting it up in order of Kick, Punch1, Punch2.)

4.) Press Ctrl+` (tilde key) to fire the combo. This may be pressed again to fire the same combo again.

Repeat steps 2-4 as needed to destroy your opponent.

Keybind List

1 = Left Arm
2 = Right Arm
3 = Left Leg
4 = Right Leg
5 = Head
6 = Torso
7 = Sweep Kick (followed by left leg / right leg)
8 = Axe Kick (followed by UCP / UCP)
9 = Backbreaker Throw

0 = Reset's the Combo

- = Roundhouse Kick
= = Jumpkick

F1 = Kalmia
F2 = Gecko
F3 = Slike
F4 = Curare
F5 = Prefarar
F6 = Monkshood
F7 = Delphinium
F8 = Eurypteria

Requirements
Please see the requirements below before downloading.

- Mudlet 2.0 
- The variable name of your target in mudlet has to be 'target'
- The ability to use and throw handaxes (if you wish to utilize the axe throw keybinds)

If you have any questions, Message me on either the Forums or in Achaea and I'll be sure to get back with you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Suggestions / Comments encourages below.

Comments

• This looks like a modification of an already existing mudlet script that was done like two years ago. Just added onto it and changed the reset and fire keys.

Possible you used it as your foundation? If so, I'd mention the person as it's almost identical.

• edited August 2013
    @Aedin -- Wow, that's good to know! 

I built this script from the ground up just a few months after Mudlet came out on my own with some help from Vadimuses and Lynara for some minor Mudlet scripting. 

Only recently, have I gotten around to making it public for shared use. It's designed around a modified old keybind script I had come across in zMud long ago, which I believe was originally made by Cooper. 

The discussion around that can be found here : http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1350/tekura/p1

Edit: Grammar 
  • @Denex - Yup, they might've used the same foundation then, but yours is by far better than yours and more complete it seems. Looking at its not even half way done compared to yours so good job!
  • Thank you @Aedin! If you have any suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • Denex said:

Excellent job! It's always nice to see more quality public releases.
  • Hegua said:
    Denex said:

Excellent job! It's always nice to see more quality public releases.
    Thank you! I've got a whole telepathy system as well, but it's just an entire catalog of aliases -- not very useful to the common player, as it can be easily coded. 
  • Anyone have a copy of this package for mudlet? I'm looking for a good tekura system and wanted to try this but the link is dead.
  • edited November 2016
    Skaleek said:
    Anyone have a copy of this package for mudlet? I'm looking for a good tekura system and wanted to try this but the link is dead.
    edit: read it wrong. Uncertain who would have it, though.
  • It didn't have anything to do with limb damage, though, so it should still be fine. It was just a way to create and then send combos using macros.
  • Skaleek said:
    Anyone have a copy of this package for mudlet? I'm looking for a good tekura system and wanted to try this but the link is dead.
    I have a copy, can send it to you when I get off work
  • LOL wow. Denex converted the zMUD script I gave him that I wrote 10 years ago and tried to pass it off as his own. And had the balls to ask for donations?

It will be a day but I can try and see if I have my old mudlet port. No promises that it will work, it has been years since I used it.

• Hey everyone,

Did you know I killed Gattan'bahar? Accepting donations for my success.