Talismans

Comments

• Sounds very nice. WOuld it be feasible to see those pieces be part of first time quest rewards (in connection with the current quest overhaul)?
  • I look forward to the skirmish-type fights I imagine this will spur in Underworld/Annwyn. This is all really cool and inventive, thanks for adding it to the game. I think the little rp touches like the in-room standing messages are the best kind of reward.

i'm a rebel

• A question about waaay in the future: How low-level are these talisman pieces going to start dropping, when the system is fully in place? 
  • Verily said:
    There's just something fascinating about dreaming of that distant day when you become a dragon and make the fateful decision, and I fear this particular reward would take away from that!
    Agreed, here I was pretty much mulling over colors for when and if I become a dragon, then seen what is gonna happen and threw it all out the window. Not so keen on the changing colors, should be a fate sealed choice.
  • I like this system. I heard about the dragon thing and immediately knew I never wanted to use a dragon form so I find this more attractive because I tend to be a collector. 
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • I like it - something you can't buy and have to actually work for (although being able to trade talisman parts for gold / credits / whatever means you will get some people who just buy it).
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • I suppose it depend on the drop rates. If they drop rarely enough, then it'll be far too expensive for anyone to buy a whole set in a reasonable amount of time without bashing and thus getting them anyway.
  • Love the idea. I'll probably only want the faster dragonform and the color change talisman, but with time I suppose I could collect them all.

Is there ever going to be an option to unlock a previously unknown color with a talisman? So purple, pink, orange etc?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I want to be a pink dragon!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Chryenth said:
    I suppose it depend on the drop rates. If they drop rarely enough, then it'll be far too expensive for anyone to buy a whole set in a reasonable amount of time without bashing and thus getting them anyway.
    Challenge accepted.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Chryenth said:
    I suppose it depend on the drop rates. If they drop rarely enough, then it'll be far too expensive for anyone to buy a whole set in a reasonable amount of time without bashing and thus getting them anyway.
    Challenge accepted.
    My point was bashing for the gold will make buying the rewards moot, but if that's what floats your boat...
  • Kyrra said:
    Chryenth said:
    Challenge accepted.
    Dunn has given permission to buy me a set.

;;)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Chryenth said:
    Kyrra said:
    Chryenth said:
    Challenge accepted.
    My point was bashing for the gold will make buying the rewards moot, but if that's what floats your boat...
    Never underestimate the lengths people go to when they truly want something!

Back on topic though.. I'm quite looking forward to this. Is there an ETA for when it goes live?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Having been a black dragon for years (and not in game ones), I cannot wait for these changes! 

The general idea of talismans seems to be rather interesting, I look forward to see more of it implemented for the newbies and mid-leveled players.
  • Aedin said:
    Verily said:
    There's just something fascinating about dreaming of that distant day when you become a dragon and make the fateful decision, and I fear this particular reward would take away from that!
    Agreed, here I was pretty much mulling over colors for when and if I become a dragon, then seen what is gonna happen and threw it all out the window. Not so keen on the changing colors, should be a fate sealed choice.
    I agree. Dragon colour has been a locked in choice (short of winning an auction) since Dragons were introduced. Basically allowing any colour seems to cheapen it. The rest of the dragon-rewards seem worthwhile without making colour choice less special.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited August 2013
    Dragon choice is something I agonised over for levels 90-99 and then regretted from 99 onwards, so I am all for possibility of changing, especially if it comes with work attached. The only thing that bothers me about this is the people that previously purchased colour changes (am I imagining it or was there one auctioned at some point) might feel cheated. Other than that it sounds like a cool system. I want to see what the rewards are for lower level talismans, though.
  • Melodie said:
     I completely understand and agree these should drop from hard, Dragony denizens. Doesn't mitigate the fact that this is more difficult for the factions who practices morals while hunting (mostly Targo and a good chunk of Cyrene). :-/ Maybe open up a place or two in Meropis? Perhaps look into some additional bashing grounds to add? I dunno. It just seems a bit unbalanced when the dragon population is huge already, and then it gets limited down more from the very few areas available.
    Which areas in Meropis are equivalent to the areas I listed? (Genuine question - I wasn't here for the building of Meropis, and don't know much about it.)

• Keneanung said:
    Sounds very nice. WOuld it be feasible to see those pieces be part of first time quest rewards (in connection with the current quest overhaul)?
    They might at some point, but not currently.
  • Sarapis said:
    Melodie said:
     I completely understand and agree these should drop from hard, Dragony denizens. Doesn't mitigate the fact that this is more difficult for the factions who practices morals while hunting (mostly Targo and a good chunk of Cyrene). :-/ Maybe open up a place or two in Meropis? Perhaps look into some additional bashing grounds to add? I dunno. It just seems a bit unbalanced when the dragon population is huge already, and then it gets limited down more from the very few areas available.
    Which areas in Meropis are equivalent to the areas I listed? (Genuine question - I wasn't here for the building of Meropis, and don't know much about it.)

Maybe some of the stuff in Grukai swamp, and a couple individual denizens, like Tenith'oru in the caves under the Vasnari mountains and the septacean in the Gulf of Nilakantha.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited August 2013
    @Sarapis, the stuff Penwize dies to. Which I only think is ducal guards. I do see folk like Penwize, Seragorn, and a few others favour Sirroco Fortress.

Maybe the lightning eagle and that little girl that blows up mountains.

Oh gods, that septacean. Gives me nightmares.

• edited August 2013
    TIL @Synbios is a little girl.

To not derail: I don't like that new areas for dragons aren't being implemented for this, they really need to get out of Vertani area at least. But then I remembered I never bash, so I ain't even mad.
  • Kyrra said:
    @Sarapis, the stuff Penwize dies to. Which I only think is ducal guards. I do see folk like Penwize, Seragorn, and a few others favour Sirroco Fortress. Maybe the lightning eagle and that little girl that blows up mountains.
    I also see dragons dying to some kind of slime thing.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nothing in Grukai swamps is really challenging apart from caves of glubbers. Mostly just prioritising what afflictions are more annoying on what to kill first.

• Well now I disagree on the bindingness
    I was picturing a sort of trading cardesque system where you can trade to complete sets... And might get a drop of the same piece twice
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • At this point, I no longer care what color of dragon I want to be. I'm more interested in getting dragon first, since...well...you know, endless bashing.

Simoln said:
    TIL @Synbios is a little girl. To not derail: I don't like that new areas for dragons aren't being implemented for this, they really need to get out of Vertani area at least. But then I remembered I never bash, so I ain't even mad.

Except a Geodude. Eff those Geodudes. Oh, and Zubats. Annoying little jerks.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarapis said:

I'm diving into Meropis now to check it out and learn more about it. It's so foreign!

It was super intimidating when I came back from dormancy and the new parts were added on. The entire place is so vastly beautiful, the areas flow together so nicely, and there's a good range of things to slay from levels 40 to dragon.

• Xith said:
    Well now I disagree on the bindingness I was picturing a sort of trading cardesque system where you can trade to complete sets... And might get a drop of the same piece twice
    But that's exactly what it is...the Pieces are tradeable and you can and will certainly get drops of the same piece twice, three times, fifty times. However, once you complete a Talisman, it gives you a power and that power is bound to you, removing those Pieces from the system (and helping to keep "Piece inflation" in check.)
  • Knights in Sirocco Fortress are pretty tough, but the rest in there, not so much. Perhaps the knights on the battlefield too, but not the squires.
    Eld said:
    Maybe some of the stuff in Grukai swamp, and a couple individual denizens, like Tenith'oru in the caves under the Vasnari mountains and the septacean in the Gulf of Nilakantha.
    Tenith'oru is... meh
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."