Achaean Hold'em: Broken and Wrong

So today I got together with a few Achaeans to try out poker. We played some hold'em and while playing I encountered several bugs and errors of implementation. I'm utterly surprised at just how terribly Achaean hold'em has been put together. Following is a list of bugs and problems and how they should be addressed:

- The action after the first blind betting round is incorrect. In Achaea the action starts with the big blind on the flop and thereafter. It should start with the small blind. Pre-flop betting structure is correct except as noted below.
- If everyone calls a raise, the original raiser gets an opportunity to check or raise again. The betting should stop once everyone has called and move on to the next round or the showdown.
- After each round the betting is left at the previous rounds amount. This should be zeroed for a fresh round of betting while noting the size of the pot. As it stands the betting is very confusing.
- Hand in hand with this there should be a POKER BET command implemented for when the bet is open.
- All-in bets are only allowed when calling, elsewise you need to manually input your full stack amount. You should be able to go all-in at any time when it is your bet.
- If a player has a high card for their final hand the showdown lists it as 'nothing'. This should reflect the high card.
- If two players have the same hand with differing kickers, the kicker is not noted in the showdown. This should be noted whenever it comes into play.
- When someone wins a showdown it incorrectly lists the pot size as 0gp. This is listed as the correct number (pot size) if everyone folds to the winner.
- The showdown is very wordy. Some highlights would go a long way to making it more readable. Either that or pare it down to minimum verbosity.
- Finally, your position in the hand (dealer, small/big blind, 1st to act, 2nd to act, etc) should be noted when the hole cards are dealt and at the start of each round.

I am very certain there are more than just this, so please feel free to chime in if you know of something else that should be tweaked or fixed. I'm sure some of these carry over to draw poker as well, though I have not tested it.
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• Kind of unsure why you wouldn't bug these issues...That's literally exactly what the command exists for. 
  • edited August 2013
    Because of how large and varied they are I wanted it all in a single spot. Also because I think I didn't catch everything I wanted to give people an opportunity to add in as well.

Edit- And it worked well for chess!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.