CONFIG OLDSCORE (On|OFF)

Comments

• Pavard said:
    I had thought (I'm sure someone will correct me if I wrong) that the distinction between the old SCORE and STAT was that SCORE contained info which was viewable by House higher-ups, whereas STAT included details that other players don't really have any business to know about, such as how many credits you have and how many precious days of your life you've spend playing the game. Does HOUSE SCORE now show everything?
    No, there were all sorts of weird edge cases. It was a mess. I was the one that went through the score and stat code, picking out every bit of info that might potentially be displayed. It was pretty shockingly (well, I wish that were true) disorganized and often very arbitrary in terms of what went where. Score and Stat far far predate even the existence of Houses too.
  • Love the new changes. But like my request for a toggleable reverse-ordering of the message inbox, a toggle option for those who like the old version would be welcome.

• @Tecton or @Sarapis - just as a heads up, you'll likely have to change HELP 4 and related:

4 YOUR CHARACTER

4.1    Show                Show almost anything about your character.
       4.1.1  Score               Look at information about your character.
       4.1.2  Status              Find out additional info about your character.
  • Synbios said:
    Love the new changes. But like my request for a toggleable reverse-ordering of the message inbox, a toggle option for those who like the old version would be welcome.
    We're not going to maintain two completely separate versions of score/stat going forward, which is what you're asking for. 
  • Sarapis said:
    Synbios said:
    Love the new changes. But like my request for a toggleable reverse-ordering of the message inbox, a toggle option for those who like the old version would be welcome.
    We're not going to maintain two completely separate versions of score/stat going forward, which is what you're asking for. 

But...but I like looking at my SCORE/STAT in reverse. ;_;

• It looks like a report card. I don't like it very much.
  • I may have to look into learning to script so I can get the info I want in a quickly accessible and readable output.

I really don't like these changes, for reasons of information placement, appearance, and a couple of small things like the inclusion of gold totals from containers and bank accounts. I understand why the changes were made, however.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Why wasn't the format of honours changed?
  • Peak said:
    Why wasn't the format of honours changed?
    I was wondering that, and I think it is on the way.. If I had to guess. Other IRE MUDS have it laid out like this, so we are catching up I guess. Its all growing on me!
  • @Zuko Achaea was first and will always be the greatest. I think it's closer to being a ploy to get all of them to convert over to Achaea.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Achaea would be the greatest if it had vampires like Aetolia.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Peak said:
    It looks like a report card. I don't like it very much.

+--------------------------------------------------------+
    |Level: 25                                               |
    |Evaluation: Needs Improvement                           |
    |Your parents have been notified. See me after class     |
    +--------------------------------------------------------+ 

• Kyrra said:

We have vampires. There's Belladona in her Keep, Zsarachor in Azdun, and a bunch in Underworld too.

Do you people not ever explore??

Aetolia has player vampires and undead, not just denizens.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I know, @Sena. It's what makes Aetolia Aetolia. Thanks for explaining though!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited August 2013
    They also eat body parts as curatives. 

How barbaric and uncouth. Now let us away from these savages while we eat bits of rock.

• Typing score full is spammier than ctf melee rushes.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Just a heads up:
    - SKILLS/AB will now show the percentage to transcendent, rather than the next skill rank.
    - We've tweaked the news header a little.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    edited August 2013
    I absolutely love the new Score.

Don't know if it's been said before, but could we get experience percentages down to decimals?

I know this can be done. Pretty please?

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    Don't know if it's been said before, but could we get experience percentages down to decimals?
    This is a vision ability called "Innersight".
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Yeah, a Trans ability for something that other IRE muds give for typing SCORE isn't exactly what I'd call good game design.

Viva la Bluef.
  • In all fairness, an Achaean Score is like a reversed report on your social life. Fitting I guess.

• Guess I'll have to figure out a script so I can convert it back to what actually looked neat and enabled me to get the info I wanted from just a glance

• I personally like the new look. Its a step in the right direction. I think the reason some people like the old look was because they got so use to it. Over time people will get use to the new look and they will start to like it.
  • RipRip
    edited August 2013
      I feel that ANY change that helps new players grasp Achaea, is an improvement.  The old Score and Stat, were just that  - OLD!  Holy crap!  That's like having a Time OR Date function...oh wait.

I love the new design and any fresh ideas that you are bringing to Achaea. Sure sure, we are all USED to the old, but really if that is the case... What ELSE have you gotten used too?  <- I mean in your own personal life.  Being "comfortable" is not a good thing.  

You know what happens to a glass of comfortable water?  That's right - it goes stagnant.

Maybe it's time to realize that the only way to keep Achaea around forever, is to consistently convert new players into old players and helping these new players adapt and grow in our Realms is the only way to do this.  I am 100% for this change and keep them coming!  I mean really, I am surprised everyone got over the fact we have more that two colors...What's next different fonts? (the Horror!)

Nice work @Tecton, and @Sarapis...thumbs up!   Now to just change the border from "pacifist green"  to something more suitable.

• Rip said:
      I feel that ANY change that helps new players grasp Achaea, is an improvement.  The old Score and Stat, were just that  - OLD!  Holy crap!  That's like having a Time OR Date function...oh wait.

I love the new design and any fresh ideas that you are bringing to Achaea. Sure sure, we are all USED to the old, but really if that is the case... What ELSE have you gotten used too?  <- I mean in your own personal life.  Being "comfortable" is not a good thing.  

You know what happens to a glass of comfortable water?  That's right - it goes stagnant.

Maybe it's time to realize that the only way to keep Achaea around forever, is to consistently convert new players into old players and helping these new players adapt and grow in our Realms is the only way to do this.  I am 100% for this change and keep them coming!  I mean really, I am surprised everyone got over the fact we have more that two colors...What's next different fonts? (the Horror!)

Nice work @Tecton, and @Sarapis...thumbs up!   Now to just change the border from "pacifist green"  to something more suitable.
    You can change those colors yourself actually. CONFIG COLOR and look at H1, H2, H3, and H4.
  • @Sarapis Thank you so much, I changed the Druid green to Blood red...MUCH better.  

Oh and the single line the the News posts is way better than the Box.  Nice work!

• edited August 2013
    Keneanung said:
    Valdus said:
    @Valdus - WTFing Keneanung's perfectly accurate response to your question is a little bit tight.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    edited August 2013
    Sylvance said:
    Keneanung said:
    Valdus said:
    @Valdus - WTFing Keneanung's perfectly accurate response to your question is a little bit tight.
    @Sylvance So I'm not allowed to WTF a Trans level skill that should be available to the entire game by typing SCORE, as it is in other IRE games?

Here I was thinking the tags were there to express our thoughts on the content of a post, not the poster themselves. Silly me.

Viva la Bluef.