I have giftable bound credits for trade.

So, since we apparently can't give the bound credits to ourselves (Sorry guys, but I think this is a stupid idea.) , I'm looking to trade them with someone else who also has a number to give.

I currently have 120 giftable credits.

Viva la Bluef.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure this is not what they are meant for.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with doing it this way. I'm still giving them to someone else. They're just giving some to me as well.

Viva la Bluef.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Kyrra said:
    I'll be giving mine as gifts because pressies are awesome.
    And I support your choice.

Viva la Bluef.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Presents are awesome. But it's also easier to give presents out when you've already transed a few skills. Valdus hasn't yet, so letting go of 120 credits is a bit much.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I'm willing to trade my real credits for gift-credits at reasonable rates if you can't find anyone to straight trade you gift for gift.

Will do this for anyone who's interested in offloading gift credits, just send me a PM or message IG. I'm thinking 1 gift credit = 0.9 credits sounds perfectly fair. So you trade me 100 gift credits, I trade you 90 real credits, etc.

I have plenty of reserve so hit me up if interested.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Sarapis said:
    Look, we know some people are just going to end-around the intention of the system and effectively give them to themselves. However, by phrasing it as gifting credits and making it a bit of a pain to effectively gift them to yourself (as you have to trade), I was hoping, and I think I'm right, that more people would gift them than would if we just gave you that 20%. Call it a little bit of a social engineering experiment, but at least based on the above it seems to be working. I feel like gifting makes both the gifter and giftee feel good, so win-win.
    I don't fault you for your reasoning and your motives. They're admirable and worthy. The only issue I have is that you don't have the option of giving them to yourself and that's only because my character is young and basically needs all the help he can get in regards to lessons and so forth.

I support gifts, and being generous. I've made purchases in the tens of thousands of credits on another IRE mud before and I've given away over three thousand credits from one purchase before to simply help other people and make  them happy. So please don't take my post as negatively as it comes across. I should have worded it much better than I did.

Viva la Bluef.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree that it is a neat experiment. The administration surely knew that people would manipulate the promo to get that 20% for themself, but I think overall credit sales will go up due to this promotion. It encourages a social atmosphere where people interact with each other, whether by gifting each other credits, trading them, joint buying them, or whatever else.

I've considered joint-buying credits with a friend of mine and both gifting the credits to each other, and I'm sure other people will do the same. Seems like that would be a positive boon towards credit sales.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    And thanks to Santar for assisting me with this.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    Sarapis said:
    Look, we know some people are just going to end-around the intention of the system and effectively give them to themselves. However, by phrasing it as gifting credits and making it a bit of a pain to effectively gift them to yourself (as you have to trade), I was hoping, and I think I'm right, that more people would gift them than would if we just gave you that 20%. Call it a little bit of a social engineering experiment, but at least based on the above it seems to be working. I feel like gifting makes both the gifter and giftee feel good, so win-win.
    I don't fault you for your reasoning and your motives. They're admirable and worthy. The only issue I have is that you don't have the option of giving them to yourself and that's only because my character is young and basically needs all the help he can get in regards to lessons and so forth.

I support gifts, and being generous. I've made purchases in the tens of thousands of credits on another IRE mud before and I've given away over three thousand credits from one purchase before to simply help other people and make  them happy. So please don't take my post as negatively as it comes across. I should have worded it much better than I did.
    Oh no no, I didn't take it negatively. We knew people would do this, and I don't object. I'm just happy to see that people are actually gifting others credits.
  • Kyrra said:
    I hear the credit fairy was pretty pleased with this promo ;)
    So was the good idea fairy.  
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    edited August 2013
    I really wish I had money right now, because I would gift-credit my proteges to death. I think this is a great idea. I just wish it could have waited another month, until I'm securely employed!

EDIT: The promotion itself is a great idea. Not the OP's protests. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Zii said:
    Which leaves the question: Where the hell are my gifted credits, people?

• Zii said:
    Which leaves the question: Where the hell are my gifted credits, people?

~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    3200h, 2103m, 14145e, 10400w ce-transfer 1 credits to sarapis for 0 gold
    You transfer 1 credits to Sarapis.
    3200h, 2103m, 14145e, 10400w ce-

Viva la Bluef.
  • All I know is that my next artefact isn't going to buy itself. 
  • For every 5 credits gifted to me I will gift one back -sagenod- 
  • I should see about organizing a "Buy every Naga a Lupines" fund.

Wait. Needs a better name. "Nagartillery". There we go.

• Arditi said:
    I should see about organizing a "Buy every Naga a Lupines" fund. Wait. Needs a better name. "Nagartillery". There we go.
    There isn't a fund already for that? Coulda sworn there was...

• Antidas said:
    Arditi said:
    I should see about organizing a "Buy every Naga a Lupines" fund. Wait. Needs a better name. "Nagartillery". There we go.
    Naga credit sales.  I will always fondly remember the one that lasted ~2 RL months where you could buy 5 a day. Cheap, too.

• Cahin said:
    Antidas said:
    Arditi said:
    Naga credit sales.  I will always fondly remember the one that lasted ~2 RL months where you could buy 5 a day. Cheap, too.
    Back when Naga had members, eh?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Someone pastebinned our war spoils. You'd think that would have enticed a few more people to join for LUDICROUS CREDIT GENEROSITY.

Or, maybe sniping people. Wait, no, the camaraderie. That's the Naga. All eight of us.

Dont mess with us