Anake's Elbow/Jeramun

13»

Comments

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    I'm going to comment on just a couple things.  I've seen when Mhaldor raided and there was Silas and I on cwho.  We basically did leave the city.  Why die needlessly when there is not enough people around for us to have any type of chance of chasing the raiders out.  I also have been involved in raids on Mhaldor were we've gone in destroyed one room had no opposition and then left only to come back later in the month where there were more people to oppose us.  Conflict can not be generated if there is no one in the city that you are raiding to oppose you.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to attempt to address @Azor's original post, but I do agree with both @Silas and @Bambizlo:

(1) Since a serpent can't phase/evade while leaving wilderness, and since there is only one entrance to the Vents, mindnet does indeed become infallible.
    (2) City destruction, as it stands, can be both good and bad. It's great when people use it the way that it's meant to be used, but it does encourage attacking empty cities. I'm not certain that there is a fix for this, as I think all forms of group conflict are going to suffer from this (though, I suppose that we could go the way of the icons with phases, and have each of the six cities pick out four hours during the day when they are most active to be able to be attacked).

Back to @Azor's post regarding Jeramun. Too possible ways to solve it:

(1) Make Jeramun unkillable. Pros: easy for coders to do, presumably, flip a flag in the code. Cons: Stifles Jeramun as a source of combat.
    (2) Go with the tunnel idea. Pros: Encourages use of Jeramun as a source of combat. Cons: wastes valuable coder time making rooms to link; second person guarding mindnet will just be put in the other area with the wilderness exit and tunnel to the Vents, and the problem therefore isn't really solved.

Due to the cons listed in idea (2), I personally vote for idea (1) to be implemented. It's easier for coders, and frankly, more effective at accomplishing what's intended: make it possible for other cities to hit back.

As for city destruction as a conflict system, I agree with @Silas: it encourages attacking when the opposing city is empty. Therefore, I propose the possible solution of moving to phases, like with icons, as mentioned earlier.

ADDENDUM: If it is decided that Jeramun should be unkillable, I am in favour of making the area a Treacherous Zone, or whatever it's called, and all people there Open-PK.