Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Simple Ideas

145791025

Comments

  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,174Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You kids and your complaints about learning.

    Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!

    Ainly
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,130Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    "It's better than it was" != "Good"


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    You kids and your complaints about learning.

    Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!
    Wait you learned at 3???



  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I used to gag all the lines. I forget how much you could learn in Aetolia at a time, but it was a lot more than what we can learn here. However, it has improved greatly.... especially when you eat myrrh or whatever the alchemy equivalent is.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,174Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:
    You kids and your complaints about learning.

    Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!
    Wait you learned at 3???
    You learned 3 at a time, but with myrrh it was like you were learning 5!

  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:
    You kids and your complaints about learning.

    Back in my day, you could only learn 3 at a time, and you had to sit through the full lesson each time! It's like 30x faster than it used to be!
    Wait you learned at 3???
    You learned 3 at a time, but with myrrh it was like you were learning 5!
    I just don't know how you remember that far back. I thought myrrh was to improve your learning "strength" for the longest time lol. Like if you learned without you were wasting credits



  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,174Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well you are right, you were! It went like this:

    100 lessons available
    100 lessons invested into tekura
    eat myrrh
    learn 3 tekura from szanthax
    97 lessons available
    105 lessons invested into tekura


  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2016
    What i thought.. *mails @Cooper a love letter*



  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    And triggers way way crazier back then.... ... Pausenot



  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,174Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)

  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)
    I hope you saved my DNA...



  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,133Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Szanthax said:
    Cooper said:
    You mailed me a love letter like 13 years ago, don't worry ;)
    I hope you saved my DNA...
    Explains why the entire envelope was sticky then...
    Cooper
  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,790Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's a few abilities like this. Would be good if all of them can be updated for this
    ShirszaeValkynSkarash
  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Artifact tarot deck. You could go a lot of ways with it, with the most basic just being a version of a quiver (non-decay is nice in itself, when you've just dropped 20k+ on cards), up to increased capacity or even a proc chance for cards to not be "used" when outdecked.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,625Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Do decks not function in the same way as quivers, in that cards in them are in a kind of rift, and only accessible through a deck.. if the deck decays and you replace it, all the cards are still there?

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Shirszae
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh here's an idea : A help file for bows, arrows and quivers. I still have to do everything by trial and error cos there's nowhere that lists synthax (that I can find)
    QwynTahquil
  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Klendathu said:
    Do decks not function in the same way as quivers, in that cards in them are in a kind of rift, and only accessible through a deck.. if the deck decays and you replace it, all the cards are still there?
    Looks like it! I was used to Aetolia's system, where you just lose everything inside when the deck/quiver decays. This is much better! I still would throw out credits for a cheap-o one, if only to customize it into something nifty.
  • OmorOmor Posts: 756Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Qwyn said:
    Artifact tarot deck. You could go a lot of ways with it, with the most basic just being a version of a quiver (non-decay is nice in itself, when you've just dropped 20k+ on cards), up to increased capacity or even a proc chance for cards to not be "used" when outdecked.

    Seconded.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

    got gud
    Qwyn
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Qwyn said:
    Klendathu said:
    Do decks not function in the same way as quivers, in that cards in them are in a kind of rift, and only accessible through a deck.. if the deck decays and you replace it, all the cards are still there?
    Looks like it! I was used to Aetolia's system, where you just lose everything inside when the deck/quiver decays. This is much better! I still would throw out credits for a cheap-o one, if only to customize it into something nifty.
    You can nondecay decks, or buy a non decay one, then customise it.

  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A lot of non-decay decks cost less than non-decaying and customising it yourself. Also, the capacity for tarot decks is massive... @Nat has been working quite a while on filling his, and he's not done yet. There are other arties to make tarot stuff easier. First of all, there was a change a while back that made it so you could inscribe more cards at one time. Then you buy the quill to increase how many you can inscribe at once, and then the quill nib that has a 50% chance to copy the card you're making. I think as far as arties and non-decay decks go, the tarot cards and decks are well covered.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    Oh here's an idea : A help file for bows, arrows and quivers. I still have to do everything by trial and error cos there's nowhere that lists synthax (that I can find)
    7.27 Quivers

           7.26 < Hunting                           Talisman market > 7.28

    Quivers allow you to store your arrows in a convenient location that has an
          added benefit of preventing your arrows from decaying. For ease of use, you can 
    also dye and envenom arrows that are in a quiver.

     INQ|INQUIVER [<amount>|ALL] ARROW[S]|METEOR[S]
      - Put some arrows in your quiver

     OUTQ|OUTQUIVER [<amount>] [<colour>] ARROW[S]
      - Remove some arrows from your quiver

     IQ|IQUIVER|INSPECT QUIVER
      - View the arrows in your quiver

     DYE # ARROWS <colour>
      - Dye a certain number of arrows a particular colour.

     ENVENOM ARROWS <colour> <venom>
      - Envenom a particular colour of arrows.


    How Many Arrows Can A Quiver Hold?
    ----------------------------------
     - Regular quivers can hold 500 arrows.
     - Artefact Dragonskin quivers can hold 1000 arrows and 10 meteor arrows.
     - Artefact Celestial quivers can hold 1000 arrows and 50 meteor arrows.

    Are Quivers Safe?
    ----------------
    Yes, quivers are very safe. Not only do they prevent your arrows from
    decaying, but they also keep your arrows safe even if your quiver decays.
    Just get a new quiver, and you will have access to your previous quiver's
    contents as if nothing had happened.



    What syntaxes are you looking for that aren't listed? Serious question as I don't own one.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Qwyn said:
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    The capacity is absolutely massive, I'm not sure what it is, if there is a cap.

  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kayeil said:

     DYE # ARROWS <colour>
      - Dye a certain number of arrows a particular colour.

     ENVENOM ARROWS <colour> <venom>
      - Envenom a particular colour of arrows.



    Was this bit always there?! I have looked at that scroll before, a few times, and I don't remember it being there...
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    Kayeil said:

     DYE # ARROWS <colour>
      - Dye a certain number of arrows a particular colour.

     ENVENOM ARROWS <colour> <venom>
      - Envenom a particular colour of arrows.



    Was this bit always there?! I have looked at that scroll before, a few times, and I don't remember it being there...
    I honestly don't know because I don't have a bow or quiver. It's quite possible there was a bug, idea, or typo suggestion asking for it to be updated. A lot of scrolls get quietly updated without a single announcement. If there's some more stuff missing though, you should idea it so they know.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    The capacity is absolutely massive, I'm not sure what it is, if there is a cap.
    Yeah it is massive, but can't remember the numbers myself. Nat has been working on his at least for a few months, putting a lot of the gold he earns into buying blank tarot cards and mass inscribing. I also pay him for enchantments and stuff in tarot cards at the moment since that's what he wants anyways. I can't imagine tarot decks not being enough in the way they are now. There isn't another container that even comes close to the capacity of a tarot deck.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • DaironDairon Posts: 275Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kayeil said:

    Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    The capacity is absolutely massive, I'm not sure what it is, if there is a cap.
    Yeah it is massive, but can't remember the numbers myself. Nat has been working on his at least for a few months, putting a lot of the gold he earns into buying blank tarot cards and mass inscribing. I also pay him for enchantments and stuff in tarot cards at the moment since that's what he wants anyways. I can't imagine tarot decks not being enough in the way they are now. There isn't another container that even comes close to the capacity of a tarot deck.
    I think Nat was saying he put in a couple million in cards. 
    Kayeil
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dairon said:
    Kayeil said:

    Valkyn said:
    Qwyn said:
    Right, but doubling the capacity would still be nice.
    The capacity is absolutely massive, I'm not sure what it is, if there is a cap.
    Yeah it is massive, but can't remember the numbers myself. Nat has been working on his at least for a few months, putting a lot of the gold he earns into buying blank tarot cards and mass inscribing. I also pay him for enchantments and stuff in tarot cards at the moment since that's what he wants anyways. I can't imagine tarot decks not being enough in the way they are now. There isn't another container that even comes close to the capacity of a tarot deck.
    I think Nat was saying he put in a couple million in cards. 
    Yeah he's pretty obsessed with filling that deck up. :P 
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

    Dairon
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2016
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "Currently i have 73102 cards."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "You can fit 5k of each card in the deck before you'll have to buy a new deck."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Oh wow."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "So far only hierophant, priestess, death, lovers, tower aren't at 5k (and wheel.. im' still tossing up if i want 5k of them)... then i'll fill up my blank cards to 5k also."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Soooo technically you can keep buying decks and have infinite cards?"
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "Pretty much. but my gold funds prevent me doing so."
    (The Batcave): Nat says, "It'll be a sad day when i max this deck out."
    (The Batcave): You say, "Yeah of course, kind of silly to keep going and going forever."


    So no true max capacity, no way it can ever be too small. If 5k of each card isn't enough for you, then just keep buying more decks.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

145791025
Sign In to Comment.