Simple Ideas

Comments

• Or any form of hindering, ideally!
  • I'd love to see more balances added to GMCP. Like herb, smoke, salve, tree, focus and possibly the active cures like fitness.
  • So would I. I asked Tecton about it in one of the Ask Your Producer threads and the response was basically they'd only make additions to GMCP that were required for the HTML5 client.
  • Consolidate all? Not sure if this is a thing yet.
  • Dairon said:
    Consolidate all? Not sure if this is a thing yet.
    It is!

• Valkyn said:
    Dairon said:
    It is!
    Not sure why this won't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. CONSOLIDATE ALL? 
    Achaea returns, "No such fluid exists."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    COMBINE ALL. Not for talismans, though. Just groupable items.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Dairon said:
    Valkyn said:
    Dairon said:
    It is!
    Not sure why this won't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. CONSOLIDATE ALL? 
    Achaea returns, "No such fluid exists."
    Oh bah, I thought you said combine. Reading fail. Yeah, consolidate all would be nice.

• edited February 2016
    It'd be nifty if the scooping skill in riding let you boil pots for concoctions while mounted. Or, even better, change remedies to let us boil without having to drop the pot at all!
  • @Qwyn: CLASSLEAD LIST APPROVED. I don't know which number it is, but it's the one for boiling. They've said they'd look at that when there's time.
  • Allow the Minister of Maritime Affairs to give city-owned ships immunity to being dry-docked due to them not being taken out of harbour in two years. A city's navy should be able to remain docked in the harbour an indefinite amount of time without having to take them one room out of harbour and re-docking to reset the timer.
  • I think they should make the Achaen editor easier to use
  • Fix having to escape [ in the editor
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Aesi said:
    Fix having to escape [ in the editor
    [ works un-escaped for me!
  • @Tecton at the beginning of a line?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kandra said:
    @Tecton at the beginning of a line?
     -*-  Composer  -*-                  (*help for help, *exit to exit)
    -=-=- L1 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- APPENDING -=-=-=
    1  > 
    2  > 
    *echo
    -=-=- L2 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- APPENDING -=-=-=
    1  > [[[
    2  > 
    As you finish writing the letter, it contracts to fit your text, ensuring that no more may be written on it in the future.
    read letter
    You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    [[[

• @Tecton I notice existing [ disappear when saving clhelp files, but not new ones.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Yae said:
    @Tecton I notice existing [ disappear when saving clhelp files, but not new ones.
    This.

When saving a clhelp file, they all get stripped.
  • I actually noticed that posting it the first time it goes through but when you go to edit the document they disappear. It works this way with scrolls. Saves fine the first time but if you WRITE SCROLL you'll notice that in the editor they have disappeared. 
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    The editor never looks like that for me.  O.o What client are you guys using?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    The editor never looks like that for me.  O.o What client are you guys using?
    that's the base, non mudlet or nexus provided textbox editor
  • Ok so, if vodun and puppetry dolls lose fashions over time, there isn't much of a use for the leech skill which steals exp from them while they're bashing.  Who goes straight from a fight to bash? It was always a thing you could sneakily do if you had a doll of someone and unless you were bullying a super basher, I'm not sure how useful people could have found it.

I went jester out of a combination of laziness and a desire to troll, so I was trying to think of a replacement for leech for jesters.  What I came up with is a skill called TRUESTRIP.  It's a channeled 10-second ability with a pretty low requirement.  It's not meant to be used in combat.  What it does is you undress your doll and then your enemy is naked.  He removes everything he is wearing and is given no message.  So if you fight a jester and they get away with your doll, you might randomly be naked later on and someone will notice sooner or later.

What do you guys think? :proud: 
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • edited February 2016
    @Peregrino leech is one of the few skills non coms get a benefit from. You make a puppet from an ally, they ally you and fashions don't decay.

• Leech is the most overpowered skill in the game, and is entirely responsible for me getting dragon. I don't think I left battlements until like level 95.
  • Oh okay, I totally forgot that you could use it on allies.  I just assumed it wouldn't be used on them since if you're around, why not just go with them.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Peregrino said:
    Oh okay, I totally forgot that you could use it on allies.  I just assumed it wouldn't be used on them since if you're around, why not just go with them.
    Zero risk, can be doing something else whilst the other person bashes, etc.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I totally see a job opportunity here...
  • You can even hunt with them and leech for near double the experience.