Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Simple Ideas

1356725

Comments

  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member
    Asmodron said:
    In truth, I dont see why flight over ocean is an unthinkable concept. I suppose an artie could be introduced of reinforced wings that allow one to handle the strong winds at sea, thus allowing for it (endurance and rubble would apply)
    Islands have a +40% experience bonus and higher rewards, but some islands are not actually that far away. It's only about 30 wilderness rooms over the ocean to get to Prin, for example.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,790Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    And a random chance for a sea monster to pluck you out of the air and drown you... because Neraeos ain't having none of that fly shit.
    MelodieAsmodron
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,625Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Asmodron said:
    In truth, I dont see why flight over ocean is an unthinkable concept. I suppose an artie could be introduced of reinforced wings that allow one to handle the strong winds at sea, thus allowing for it (endurance and rubble would apply)
    Islands have a +40% experience bonus and higher rewards, but some islands are not actually that far away. It's only about 30 wilderness rooms over the ocean to get to Prin, for example.
    Either 31 or 33 ocean rooms from Orilla to Prin, and the other being the number of ocean rooms between Mysia and Zanzibaar. Won't say how many orbs I went through to work out the shortest routes (please don't change the chops between Orilla and Prin!)

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ExelethrilExelethril moar theta decayPosts: 3,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Artefact Idea -> Helm of Mind Isolation : Prevents you from being Mind Sapience'd

    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It would be really helpful if CW/HW showed people's titles, eg CL, Aide to Trade, Novice Aide, etc. As a novice/new player, this would make it a lot easier to find people for specific stuff. It would also add a bit of pride for people helping out in aideship roles!
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Qwyn there isn't room. Many people have multiple titles, are aides to multiple ministries, etc. Aides <ministry> shows all the aides, and who is around right now.

  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hmm. Well I've noticed it in Aetolia and Lusternia. I think it defaults to the highest position, so someone would just show CITY LEADER or TRADE MINISTER or whatnot, instead of all their aideships.
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Qwyn said:
    Hmm. Well I've noticed it in Aetolia and Lusternia. I think it defaults to the highest position, so someone would just show CITY LEADER or TRADE MINISTER or whatnot, instead of all their aideships.
    This does not help for those whose highest position is being aide to several ministries. Some leaders are also ministers in some cities also.

    The info is pretty easy to access, if you're not sure, ask. I've seen the way it's laid out in other games and really not a fan, I like the way Achaea is, it's clean and simple and that info is easy to find elsewhere.

  • RispokRispok Posts: 650Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Qwyn said:
    It would be really helpful if CW/HW showed people's titles, eg CL, Aide to Trade, Novice Aide, etc. As a novice/new player, this would make it a lot easier to find people for specific stuff. It would also add a bit of pride for people helping out in aideship roles!
    In addition to AIDES <ministry> you can look at HOUSE STRUCTURE <optional house>
  • CynlaelCynlael Posts: 3,257Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Still want shared exp for PK plz (make it party-wide, for people in room, rather than following since parties do break up on occasion)

    ty

    ValkynCooper
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,381Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I love the Transoceanic orbs, and @Klendathu for indulging me with new ones. Half my wing exits are to islands, and I just walk to other islands from there. You actually get a fair bit of usage out of one orb as well, once you know where everything is laid out.

    The main issue is chops and since you can fly above the ocean, you should be able to fly over the chops as well. Just saying.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Kayle
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member
    Kyrra said:
    The main issue is chops and since you can fly above the ocean, you should be able to fly over the chops as well. Just saying.
    I tend to think of chops as "rough seas" in the context of not just waves, but also a lot of wind as well. If you've ever played Black Flag, you probably know the sort of wind+wave combination I mean.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    ShirszaeAsmodron
  • QwynQwyn Posts: 247Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 2016
    Don't limit NEWBIE - levels are a very bad way to gauge skill. I have had SO MANY questions but I can't use newbie. FRUSTRATING. I have literally cursed at this restriction at least once a day.

    Also, us newly churned out kids have the info for very fresh novice tasks. Someone level 40 *CAN* be helpful. Why limit requests and input?
    Morsul
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,130Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    DRAINS

    Your current drains are:
    Metawake: 45 mana per 10 seconds
    Alertness: 45 mana per 10 seconds

    etc 



    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    ValkynSarathaiShirszaeCooper
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,343Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thread has 3 pages. Current page posts from past day. First page post older than 2 years. Too lazy to go back one page to name and shame whoever hardcore necro'd this thread.

    PS I'm back to spam the forums with frivolous and rarely insightful nonsense, or whatever and stuff.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,242Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Qwyn said:
    Don't limit NEWBIE - levels are a very bad way to gauge skill. I have had SO MANY questions but I can't use newbie. FRUSTRATING. I have literally cursed at this restriction at least once a day.

    Also, us newly churned out kids have the info for very fresh novice tasks. Someone level 40 *CAN* be helpful. Why limit requests and input?

    I think there are a couple of things involved here:

    1. It keeps NEWBIE free for those who really need it - those who are brand new to the game. It also reduces the number of questions Guides have to deal with.

    2. People who have reached level 21 should have somewhere else they can go with questions by that point. This might not be the case if you've opted not to join a House or city, but the game does place an emphasis on joining at least one of those precisely for this reason.

  • GrandueGrandue Posts: 382Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Allow clans to set UPCOMING events. 
    ValkynJosoulShirszae
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    You're not removed from newbie till after 21 - 30 maybe?

  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,381Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Kyrra said:
    The main issue is chops and since you can fly above the ocean, you should be able to fly over the chops as well. Just saying.
    I tend to think of chops as "rough seas" in the context of not just waves, but also a lot of wind as well. If you've ever played Black Flag, you probably know the sort of wind+wave combination I mean.
    Then, as a Farethi, I should totally be able to deal with that! Man, I miss those elemental mood sets so much right now as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • AsmodronAsmodron Posts: 2,164Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2016
    I really dont think the Innersight ability needs to be an actual ability. Why not simply make it a configable option for those that want to see more detailed experience gain? It is a rather very high ability as is, in a skillset that isnt a priority for upcomers, whom im sure would like to see more detailed experience gain in 70s-80s.


    A simple config option of:


    Config ExperienceShow <Simple|Detailed>



    I understand the concept of the market and spending, but I think something this small really doesnt need to be considered as part of the bigger scheme of things.
  • CynlaelCynlael Posts: 3,257Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achaea is literally the only IRE game where you have to spend lessons (and quite a massive amount at that) to be able to see 'true' percentage... I don't get why. Idea'd that twice in the past though, rejected because they 'don't wanna do that'

    Meh.

  • GrandueGrandue Posts: 382Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Asmodron said:
    I really dont think the Innersight ability needs to be an actual ability. Why not simply make it a configable option for those that want to see more detailed experience gain? It is a rather very high ability as is, in a skillset that isnt a priority for upcomers, whom im sure would like to see more detailed experience gain in 70s-80s.


    A simple config option of:


    Config ExperienceShow <Simple|Detailed>



    I understand the concept of the market and spending, but I think something this small really doesnt need to be considered as part of the bigger scheme of things.
    This would make more sense if they allowed anyone to see xp gain to the tenth decimal and then those with inner sight to the 100th. 
    Trevize
  • JahkJahk Posts: 10Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Agreeing with the above, as it's really just a QoL type deal that to me doesn't make sense to have as something you have to pay for. 

    In Aetolia (and I'm sorry, I imagine you guys are getting a lot of "WELL IN MY GAME WE CAN <>" lately, but if it's something being done right, all games could really benefit) you can CONFIG EXPERIENCE_CHANGE ON, which shows you a line every time your experience changes, and by how much it changed by. You could also see your XP percentage (or raw numbers) in your prompt, and an XP GMCP token was available. It's come to be such an expected thing by now that it seems kind of bizarre you have to pay for it here.

    That allowed for neat little scripts that could track how many more mobs you have to kill (just for fun), or just gave you an easier perspective.

    The reason I came here (got distracted by the previous discussions):

    It would be kind of neat if there was a config for emotes that would color anything inside quotations whatever color you have your says set to. This is (sorry) another thing in Aetolia that's available, and it helps a bit with everything blending together in a giant wall of text. This might just be an issue of what you're used to though. I tried coding it up in Mudlet, but flopped since it triggers off of CT and whatnot too, and ends up ultimately coloring the whole line that a quote is in rather than just the content.
    Qwyn
  • XylonXylon Posts: 5Member
    Jahk said:
    Agreeing with the above, as it's really just a QoL type deal that to me doesn't make sense to have as something you have to pay for. 

    In Aetolia (and I'm sorry, I imagine you guys are getting a lot of "WELL IN MY GAME WE CAN <>" lately, but if it's something being done right, all games could really benefit) you can CONFIG EXPERIENCE_CHANGE ON, which shows you a line every time your experience changes, and by how much it changed by. You could also see your XP percentage (or raw numbers) in your prompt, and an XP GMCP token was available. It's come to be such an expected thing by now that it seems kind of bizarre you have to pay for it here.

    That allowed for neat little scripts that could track how many more mobs you have to kill (just for fun), or just gave you an easier perspective.

    The reason I came here (got distracted by the previous discussions):

    It would be kind of neat if there was a config for emotes that would color anything inside quotations whatever color you have your says set to. This is (sorry) another thing in Aetolia that's available, and it helps a bit with everything blending together in a giant wall of text. This might just be an issue of what you're used to though. I tried coding it up in Mudlet, but flopped since it triggers off of CT and whatnot too, and ends up ultimately coloring the whole line that a quote is in rather than just the content.
    Hey there! I'm used to the same stuff, and you can trigger that in mudlet pretty easy. Set emotes to a color nothing else is, make a trigger, set it to a color-type, foreground white (in my case, I use bold white for emotes). Check the filter box. Make a second trigger, drop it in that one, so it's a child trigger. Set type to regex, set the pattern to "[^"]+" and check the match all and highlight boxes. Change the color to your SAYS color. There ya go!
    Jahk
  • JahkJahk Posts: 10Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Xylon said:
    Jahk said:
    Agreeing with the above, as it's really just a QoL type deal that to me doesn't make sense to have as something you have to pay for. 

    In Aetolia (and I'm sorry, I imagine you guys are getting a lot of "WELL IN MY GAME WE CAN <>" lately, but if it's something being done right, all games could really benefit) you can CONFIG EXPERIENCE_CHANGE ON, which shows you a line every time your experience changes, and by how much it changed by. You could also see your XP percentage (or raw numbers) in your prompt, and an XP GMCP token was available. It's come to be such an expected thing by now that it seems kind of bizarre you have to pay for it here.

    That allowed for neat little scripts that could track how many more mobs you have to kill (just for fun), or just gave you an easier perspective.

    The reason I came here (got distracted by the previous discussions):

    It would be kind of neat if there was a config for emotes that would color anything inside quotations whatever color you have your says set to. This is (sorry) another thing in Aetolia that's available, and it helps a bit with everything blending together in a giant wall of text. This might just be an issue of what you're used to though. I tried coding it up in Mudlet, but flopped since it triggers off of CT and whatnot too, and ends up ultimately coloring the whole line that a quote is in rather than just the content.
    Hey there! I'm used to the same stuff, and you can trigger that in mudlet pretty easy. Set emotes to a color nothing else is, make a trigger, set it to a color-type, foreground white (in my case, I use bold white for emotes). Check the filter box. Make a second trigger, drop it in that one, so it's a child trigger. Set type to regex, set the pattern to "[^"]+" and check the match all and highlight boxes. Change the color to your SAYS color. There ya go!
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you so much, my emotes look normal again! Woop woop.

    Oh the things we code up to make stepping into a new game more like home.
    XylonShirszae
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like the idea, and think it should be expanded. In Aetolia you do, or used to, have a much more detailed view of what your experience was per level. Maybe not as necessary in the lower levels, but there's a lot of us dragons and it'd be nice to see a little more progress with a bit more past the decimal.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think the UPCOMING feature should also be used for things like the Rapture update that's happening in like 15 hours just as a reminder to some of us forgetful folk, or those who sometimes can't math properly.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • AnedhelAnedhel Posts: 2,367Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can queueing account for stun, maybe? :(
Sign In to Comment.