Simple Ideas

Comments

• Add a line/queue for the wheel. If you try to spin while it's already spinning, you get a message like 'You get in line for your chance at the wheel'. You only get one place in the line, so spamming 'spin wheel' won't help you. Less people spamming commands means a less laggy Achaea. Everyone's spin is processed in the order they entered the command. Once you've done your spin, you can get in line again.

Somebody got the jackpot while you're in line ? DESIST WHEEL will remove you from the line.

Somebody forced you out of the room or killed you ? Your spin still goes through ("The soul of Charactername just won the jackpot !")
  • Idea #   : 1897
    Filed by : Korben.
    Filed on : 2015/02/02 13:54:26
    Approved : NO
    Idea text:
    An artifact similar to the brooch of the tempest for river currents. Should cost about 100 credits since it is not as useful.
    I submitted this over a year ago. Who'd have thought it would be relevant some day.
  • Add a setting for serverside curers to be able to toggle between which they want minerals for and what they want plants for.

I'll be damned if I have to swap entirely to minerals because I can't afford 30-50g per irid moss.  That's just friggin ridiculous.
  • I'd rather if it just worked like SVO used to (or does, if you're not using serverside curing), and it tries to use minerals if you're out of the herbs and vice versa.

• Makarios said that to keep curing lightweight enough and fast enough, they can't make it swap for you.

Would be nice but don't hold your breath.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2016
    Atalkez said:
    Makarios said that to keep curing lightweight enough and fast enough, they can't make it swap for you.

While a valid point, the system needed is already in place to do this. Evidently it already has a check to see, for instance, if you have magnesium in your rift to cure paralysis with. I'm not a rapture coder but I feel I can safely say it really would be as simple as adding a small line on that check to instead see if you have magnesium or bloodroot in your rift, and outrifting the relevant one to cure with.

eta: so it's not really 'swapping' per se, so much as it is just outrifting whatever you have available.

• Cynlael said:
    Atalkez said:
    Makarios said that to keep curing lightweight enough and fast enough, they can't make it swap for you.

While a valid point, the system needed is already in place to do this. Evidently it already has a check to see, for instance, if you have magnesium in your rift to cure paralysis with. I'm not a rapture coder but I feel I can safely say it really would be as simple as adding a small line on that check to instead see if you have magnesium or bloodroot in your rift, and outrifting the relevant one to cure with.

eta: so it's not really 'swapping' per se, so much as it is just outrifting whatever you have available.
    Right now, the checks are going to be something along the lines of:
    Am I using herbs or minerals?
    Do I have the herb/mineral I need in my inventory?
    If yes, eat. If no, do I have that herb/mineral in my rift?
    If yes, outrift and eat. If no, do nothing.

That would become:
    Am I using herbs or minerals?
    Do I have the herb/mineral I need in my inventory?
    If yes, eat. If no, do I have that herb/mineral in my rift?
    If yes, outrift and eat. If no, do I have the opposite herb/mineral in my inventory?
    If yes, eat. If no, do I have that opposite herb/mineral in my rift?
    If yes, outrift and eat. If no, do nothing.

That's two extra checks. Now consider that those checks are likely database queries. Then scale it up to multiple people logged in. Now consider a CTF scenario where at times 95% of the people logged in are actively engaged in combat simultaneously.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Or we could just merge minerals and herbs.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Sarapis lamented the introduction of minerals on forums at some point.

It sound easy @Cynlael, but Makarios made it clear to me when I discussed it with him, that it's not something they can reasonably add and retain efficiency.

I second merging the cures. Harvesting should go!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • If you do get sword from pack, it removes scimitars/longswords/shortswords etc, could they not just do the same for curatives, so instead of serverside doing outr 1 bloodroot/eat bloodroot to cure paralysis, which would specify bloodroot, they could add something similar to the sword capture that does outr paralysiscurative eat paralysiscurative (naming could change) that is assigned to both bloodroot and magnesium, similar to how items are grouped by their catagory (sword/bow/shield etc)

I don't know how viable that would be from a code-heavy perspective, or if it would slow it down, would definitely skip the if mineral/if concoctions check as they would just need does the rift have paralysiscurative in it - yes/no, instead of are they mineral/concoctions.

Correct me if I'm wrong
  • Atalkez said:
    Sarapis lamented the introduction of minerals on forums at some point.

It sound easy @Cynlael, but Makarios made it clear to me when I discussed it with him, that it's not something they can reasonably add and retain efficiency.

I second merging the cures. Harvesting should go!
    If anything, Transmutation should go, since 1. it's newer and 2. the mechanics are fucking bullshit.
  • I like smoking rocks okay?

• If either one goes away, demand falls entirely on the other and the price goes back up.

I am stunned that it hasn't gone up anyway, since primes used to be extracted twice as fast as they are now. I sat down with some math one day and figured out time would be better spent ratting than making minerals start to finish, and that's before the extraction rate dropped. I won't math you all to death here.

Ideas!
    Rather than eating plants, you dry them and harvest the minerals from them, resulting in one set of cures.
    Alternatively: laboratory botany, so transmutation produces plants instead of minerals.
  • The introduction of minerals was based off of several years of complaints of nature-based curatives, with both Rp and mechanical issues. After all that for there to be complaints to remove the non-nature curatives is just silly..
  • I think the RP issues were due to only nature people having access. Now anybody can learn any trade.
  • Kez said:

Rather than eating plants, you dry them and harvest the minerals from them, resulting in one set of cures.
    Sounds good to me. Harvesting and Synthesis would still exist as separate sources for the same materials (which is a good thing, if one source becomes scarce we still have the other) but everything from the minerals onwards would be merged.
  • Kez said:
    I think the RP issues were due to only nature people having access. Now anybody can learn any trade.
    Not only that but also orgs that were against or wanted nothing to do with nature, but still had yo rely on its bounties. It was a strange twist for Mhaldor to seek to exterminate Nature rooms and thus kill all plant life in it but then require those very plants for combat.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Cooper said:
    It always makes me laugh when people complain about herb and/or mineral prices.

Gold generation has gone up 4-8x depending on your level/arties since the Oakstone price restriction days.

Mineral/herb prices during the same time (I know minerals weren't around back then) have gone down by the same magnitude.

Imagine generating 1/4th the gold you do now and paying 4x as much for herbs. Yes, that means 10k gold an hour -RATTING- while paying 100 gold for bloodroot or moss, 40 per kelp, 70 per sileris, 50 per goldenseal, etc.

You can also now get a superfill for half the price you used to get a normal (50 sip) fill.
    10k an hour?  Man, you were a freaking super ratter.  Killing them as occie, I was getting around 3k an hour.  

I remember when river fishing came out, and we could hit over 4k an hour doing that, it was a godsend.

Kids these days have no idea how lucky they have it.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Might be a bit off, been...15 years since I ratted.

• Cooper said:
    Imagine generating 1/4th the gold you do now and paying 4x as much for herbs. Yes, that means 10k gold an hour -RATTING- while paying 100 gold for bloodroot or moss, 40 per kelp, 70 per sileris, 50 per goldenseal, etc.
    Amen to that. I started playing smack in the middle of a Forestal herb ban, one of my first guild reqs was getting 15 bloodroot and 10 goldenseal. Only bloodroot I could find anywhere was 1000 gold per. The guild novice aides said 'yes... it's expensive, isn't it' and off I was to rat/butterfly for 15k gold.
  • Korben said:
    Cooper said:
    Amen to that. I started playing smack in the middle of a Forestal herb ban, one of my first guild reqs was getting 15 bloodroot and 10 goldenseal. Only bloodroot I could find anywhere was 1000 gold per. The guild novice aides said 'yes... it's expensive, isn't it' and off I was to rat/butterfly for 15k gold.
     :s That sounds horrible.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • edited October 2016
    Edit: Didn't see Sarathai beat me to it. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Lol, that's the big reason I went Druid all those years ago.

Came for the free herbs, stayed for the Metamorphosis Track.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Add wheel spins to COOLDOWNS.

• Allow dragons to choose a few, basic, descriptors without requiring to be an elder dragon.

I just wanna be a smaller-than-normal dragon because I'm a dwarf. :'(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Frederich said:
    Allow dragons to choose a few, basic, descriptors without requiring to be an elder dragon.

I just wanna be a smaller-than-normal dragon because I'm a dwarf. :'(
    Shut up short-arse

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited November 2016
    Something like this? :

DRAGON CUSTOMIZE <type> <choice>

Horns color: black, white, maroon, grey

Horns size: small, medium, large, gargantuan

Horns type: spiraling, protruding, jagged, curving, curling

Scales hue: dark, light

Scales appearance: metallic, flaky, rough, smooth

Limbs: long, stumpy

Tail: Long, short, edged, curling

Muzzle shape:  flat, thin, broad, beak-like,

Muzzle specs: covered in spikes, ridged,

etc.

• Yes.  This is good.

It's not much, but it'd make each person who is a dragon.. unique.

Like the Obuun family line is traditionally black dragons (according to Anaid)... But being able to go a step beyond that and being able to really make it a bit further with little details?  Hell yeah.

It's probably a bit of an overhead, but it'll add a lot of fun RP stuff that will make each person who is a dragon unique