Simple Ideas

Comments

• I was thinking of simplifying it further and just aliasing "emote" (since I would only ever write it all out in this circumstance, being the kind of person who uses "em" otherwise) to return "em 's homunculus" (whatever).
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • My preference is to write out the short name completely, just to be in line with most object manipulation. I.e. Youn nod to whatever the full shirt name is.
  • Anedhel said:
    Can we have an option where like, if in a certain timespan, a person's contract hasn't ticked down more than a couple hours, the Mark can give the contract back and have it re-posted on the board, or canceled completely? (Forbidding the Mark from taking that contract again).

Something like if the contract doesn't tick down more than two hours in a whole RL week or something? It's super frustrating to have to wait and wait and wait cuz someone doesn't log on/stays off-plane all the effing time. :(
    It doesn't hurt you any if it's not ticking down anyway.
  • edited September 2016
    Keeps you from taking out a third contract! 
  • As the final days of September roll in, let people advance the birthday quest every 2-3 hours or so. It's frustrating for those who missed too many days.
  • Korben said:
    As the final days of September roll in, let people advance the birthday quest every 2-3 hours or so. It's frustrating for those who missed too many days.
    The point is to get people to log in that many days...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Yeah, the entire point of those "Do X thing for 18 days" quests are to get people to log in for 18 days.

I do wish some of them would have tiered prizes, though, because it's easy to hit a point like "Welp, I missed 12 days, can't make 19, fuck it might as well not bother."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2016
    Wow, guys -- at least wait to see if the prize is even cool, before complaining!
  • edited September 2016
    It isn't a complaint, it's a request. Not for myself by the way, I have mine done.
  • Nazihk said:
    Yeah, the entire point of those "Do X thing for 18 days" quests are to get people to log in for 18 days.

I do wish some of them would have tiered prizes, though, because it's easy to hit a point like "Welp, I missed 12 days, can't make 19, fuck it might as well not bother."
    I hear that. I mean, I log in every day. For at least 8 hours. And still took me 25 days to finish.

• Maybe if you weren't busy chasing around newbs with bounties then you'd have time to do them!
  • Puxi said:
    Maybe if you weren't busy chasing around newbs with bounties then you'd have time to do them!
    Oooh, shadey.

• Please make helmets/helms wearable on the main description line where general clothes and armour go, so they can appear next to our armour!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Daeir said:
    What, you mean like this sterling idea from 2013?

She is a beautiful siren with a startlingly unoriginal mudsex description.
    She is wearing:
     supple low-riding doeskin leggings [shaped tightly around her bouncing posterior],
     a tiny bra of rich blue silk [that can barely contain her ample bosom],
     a suit of leather armour [still revealing in all the right places],
     an onyx-studded nipple ring of polished ivory [poking through a hole in her bra], and
     a rose-tipped bar [poking through her bright red, lascivious lips].

My body is prepared.
    Huh. Neat.
  • This one's mouth is pierced shut. Next!
  • Speaking of which: dear forums admins, we've been good (sort of). Can we please have the 'insightful' button back for Christmas ?
  • Why'd lol and insightful get removed anyway?
  • People were using them as a substitute for 'disagree' and 'wtf', which had been removed earlier.
  • Idea #   : 4317
    Filed by : Jinara.
    Filed on : 2016/10/14 08:46:23
    Approved : NO
    Idea text:
    Allow players to cast firelash enchantments at a specific direction. "POINT RING AT ICEWALL EAST" 
    (or) Allow the room description in IH to display it's current direction so that we may utilize it in 
    alias/triggers. Example: Change "wall451988   a large wall of ice" to "wall451988   a large wall of ice facing east"
  • POINT <enchant> AT <dir>
  • Don't even need the at.

point ring s

boom

• I asked around, but was told that I couldn't target a specific icewall direction.
    That does the trick, Armali. Thank you!

However, Xaden, your tip doesn't work. At least for these gloves I bought with firelash enchantment. 

point gloves w
    You can't point something that you're wearing.
  • Jinara said:
    I asked around, but was told that I couldn't target a specific icewall direction.
    For a very long time you couldn't, and I'm not sure it's actually documented anywhere that you now can, so not surprising that most people aren't aware.
  • You should be able to use the enchantment name also.

As in, POINT FIRELASH AT EAST