Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Simple Ideas

AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,878 @@ - Legendary Achaean
You know im pretty surprised this thread isnt up yet.

This thread is for simple ideas and very small additions you'd like to see. Anything that requires more than 2 lines, make another thread for please :).

Examples: A new emote. A new minipet. etc.



my idea:


Ability to make a campfire from the Survival skill. Mostly for aesthetics but could function as the sentinel campfire does.

It seems strange how achaeans havent learnt how to create fire yet by using sticks and stones :/.
Nataliia
«13456721

Comments

  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Big difference between an idea being short and it being simple.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    EiredhelAsmodronShirszae
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 3,753 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's not up yet because it's unworkable. Having people discussing multiple ideas isn't practical and it's difficult to easily indicate whether or not a specific idea has been approved or denied if they're all bundled together.

    There has been at least one auction in the past granting the ability to create campfires like those from Woodlore so we won't be seeing such an ability added to Survival ever. Purely cosmetic campfires? Perhaps, but how would they differ visually from the Woodlore ones? I'm not convinced it's worth the time to do at any rate.
    EldSylvance
  • ZeonZeon Member Posts: 757 @ - Epic Achaean
    I know this can be done client side with scripting, but it'd be nice if we had syntax for it.

    IR <predicate>

    where predicate is something like (<100) or (==2000)

    and then it filters IR accordingly.

                   Party right, party hard,

                                            Sing and dance, perfect bard.

                                                                     Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

                                                                                             Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

    JonnersIsaiah
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I don't get it?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Jonners
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,878 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Eld said:
    It would be great if there were a way to submit such simple ideas in game. Some sort of IDEA command, perhaps.
    Any admin can tell you the IDEA backlog is huge and alooot of submitted suggestions (which are many each day) are lost in transmission. Posting it on the forums is a much cleaner system, also with a thread dedicated to simple ideas/additions, it'd would make it even better. :)


    My Idea: Clothing being on their own separate line in the description. Would make it much more easier to simply admire/check the attire of someone.
    JonnersBannNataliia
  • ZeonZeon Member Posts: 757 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sylvance said:
    I don't get it?
    IR (<100)

    would list everything in your rift that you have less than 100 of.

                   Party right, party hard,

                                            Sing and dance, perfect bard.

                                                                     Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

                                                                                             Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,055 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    Eld said:
    It would be great if there were a way to submit such simple ideas in game. Some sort of IDEA command, perhaps.
    Any admin can tell you the IDEA backlog is huge and alooot of submitted suggestions (which are many each day) are lost in transmission. Posting it on the forums is a much cleaner system, also with a thread dedicated to simple ideas/additions, it'd would make it even better. :)


    My Idea: Clothing being on their own separate line in the description. Would make it much more easier to simply admire/check the attire of someone.
    I don't know if you're joking or not because I didn't read the rest of the post, but don't you know about CONFIG CLOTHESLINE ON?
    SylvanceIsaiahNataliia
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    Eld said:
    It would be great if there were a way to submit such simple ideas in game. Some sort of IDEA command, perhaps.
    Any admin can tell you the IDEA backlog is huge and alooot of submitted suggestions (which are many each day) are lost in transmission. Posting it on the forums is a much cleaner system, also with a thread dedicated to simple ideas/additions, it'd would make it even better. :)


    My Idea: Clothing being on their own separate line in the description. Would make it much more easier to simply admire/check the attire of someone.
    Except that this just adds one more backlog to wade through, with the added complication of spurious and/or unrelated comments, and added difficulty in indicating whether something is approved or denied. 

    Also, try CONFIG CLOTHESLINE ON.
    Sylvance
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited July 2013
    A config line to show people's gender in room.
    no, I'm not serious
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Achimrst
  • KorbenKorben Member Posts: 345 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Asmodron said:
    Any admin can tell you the IDEA backlog is huge and alooot of submitted suggestions (which are many each day) are lost in transmission.
    I use IDEA a lot, and my suggestions (that get implemented) show up in a fairly short time. The backlog can't be that bad.
    EldKyrra
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,022 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I use IDEA randomly for suggestions and one or two things I thought would be nifty have been implemented.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • CardanCardan Moderator Posts: 437 Immortal
    I normally clear out the IDEAS list on a monthly basis and add any worthwhile suggestions to the list but I keep an eye on it each day so the backlog isn't too bad at all. Suggestions I'm finding range from simple "It would be nice if we could......" to the more space consuming tirades about how a particular ability is vastly OP and should be nerfed (although these can generally be correlated with a recent death of said player).

    If you're not too sure about your idea, it's ramifications, or what would be involved, the Dais works better because people can discuss it. If it's something simple, like one recently - "Could we get CFS as an actual alias for CREDITS FOR SALE" No explanation necessary so IDEA was a suitable placement.
    SynbiosKyrraMelodieNim
  • AlrenaAlrena Member Posts: 432 @ - Epic Achaean
    Would it be okay if the denizens you encounter while deepsea diving could actually drop gold? Because you see some identical ones in Meropis (duskfin tuna, for example) who will drop gold. I love the whole treasure chests, but the gold reward is often very minor. If the denizens had a chance of dropping some gold, that wouldn't be a problem, I think.
    image
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited July 2013
    Make the command for dyeing arrows only respond to ARROWS as the noun.

    Can't tell you how many Mhaldorians get "DYE 100 DONGS BLACK" when I'm envenoming.

  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Alrena said:
    Would it be okay if the denizens you encounter while deepsea diving could actually drop gold? Because you see some identical ones in Meropis (duskfin tuna, for example) who will drop gold. I love the whole treasure chests, but the gold reward is often very minor. If the denizens had a chance of dropping some gold, that wouldn't be a problem, I think.
    This is by design. They're not supposed to drop gold. The chests are the reward.

    image

    KyrraAnaidiana
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Can we please have a Necromancer badge? You get the first one for posting in 5 threads that had no activity for 6 months.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Asmodron
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    Also, allow for envenoming of arrows within the arena. Joining a King of the Hill, having sustained fighting, and then being unable to use anything but unenvenomed arrows is frustrating.

  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2013
    Arditi said:
    Also, allow for envenoming of arrows within the arena. Joining a King of the Hill, having sustained fighting, and then being unable to use anything but unenvenomed arrows is frustrating.
    This is one of those "derp, why didn't they put this in 5 years ago" sort of things.

    I also wouldn't mind if they made it where attempting to shoot and them being shielded didn't take the arrow out of the quiver. Is there any reason for this other than to inconvenience us?

    image

  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,022 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How would you attempt to shoot in the first place without drawing an arrow out of your quiver?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Sylvance
  • WynedereWynedere Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Is there any way novices could be warned about joining houses that conflict with chosen cities in the newbie intro? We have a few who have joined while being in outside houses, since cities are chosen first.

    ArditiSylvance
  • JonnersJonners Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Wynedere said:
    Is there any way novices could be warned about joining houses that conflict with chosen cities in the newbie intro? We have a few who have joined while being in outside houses, since cities are chosen first.
    Better yet just restrict them to available in-city houses automatically?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
    Wynedere
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,284 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not sure that one will happen. CIJ, for instance. Some Houses also allow you to be from other cities.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited July 2013
    Santar said:
    Arditi said:
    Also, allow for envenoming of arrows within the arena. Joining a King of the Hill, having sustained fighting, and then being unable to use anything but unenvenomed arrows is frustrating.
    This is one of those "derp, why didn't they put this in 5 years ago" sort of things.

    I also wouldn't mind if they made it where attempting to shoot and them being shielded didn't take the arrow out of the quiver. Is there any reason for this other than to inconvenience us?
    What I would rather see is that the arrow is actually fired and hits the Shield. The target should at least know that they've been fired on.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    IsaiahAziik
  • SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    or that your character is smart enough to, you know, put it back in the quiver.
    IsaiahTvistor
  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sylvance said:
    Santar said:
    Arditi said:
    Also, allow for envenoming of arrows within the arena. Joining a King of the Hill, having sustained fighting, and then being unable to use anything but unenvenomed arrows is frustrating.
    This is one of those "derp, why didn't they put this in 5 years ago" sort of things.

    I also wouldn't mind if they made it where attempting to shoot and them being shielded didn't take the arrow out of the quiver. Is there any reason for this other than to inconvenience us?
    What I would rather see is that the arrow is actually fired and hits the Shield. The target should at least know that they've been fired on.
    No thanks, I already get spammed hard enough if someone tries to hit me when I've got a prismatic shield up.
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Nemutaur said:
    Sylvance said:
    Santar said:
    Arditi said:
    Also, allow for envenoming of arrows within the arena. Joining a King of the Hill, having sustained fighting, and then being unable to use anything but unenvenomed arrows is frustrating.
    This is one of those "derp, why didn't they put this in 5 years ago" sort of things.

    I also wouldn't mind if they made it where attempting to shoot and them being shielded didn't take the arrow out of the quiver. Is there any reason for this other than to inconvenience us?
    What I would rather see is that the arrow is actually fired and hits the Shield. The target should at least know that they've been fired on.
    No thanks, I already get spammed hard enough if someone tries to hit me when I've got a prismatic shield up.
    Gag/tempTimer.

    I want to know if I'm being shot at.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Peak
  • JonnersJonners Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited July 2013
    Melodie said:
    Not sure that one will happen. CIJ, for instance. Some Houses also allow you to be from other cities.
    As I recall it makes you choose Class, City, than House. No?

    If that's so that would kinda suck for the CIJ or the few Houses that aren't as freaky about their home city as every other House.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
«13456721
Sign In to Comment.