DragonCon 2013 - Atlanta

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
A lot of people say this isn't very fun, but I had a great time last year and am looking forward to the repeat this year. For those curious and interested, the main site is here featuring a gallery and a place to buy membership passes is here: DragonCon. The membership cards start out at about $80 and get collectively higher due to limited availability the closer the event date approaches. If you're planning on going, get yours Before arriving, otherwise you'll be standing in a line for about 2+ hours to pay for one.

It's hosted across the major hotels in Downtown Atlanta, and we had a blast eating at some good restaurants such as the Vortex, Hard Rock, and Maxx Lagers. We walked pretty much everywhere, and they have merchandise stores in one hotel and then an art gallery/auction in another.

This year, hotels in Downtown got booked up quickly, so anything available is going to be at least two miles out(still walkable if you want). If you do book out of the downtown area, be careful though because if you're walking through some shady areas. So if you're like me and have a carry capability, take it with you.

All in all, I'm looking forward to it and already know I'm going to have a great time. If anyone from Achaea shows up(I think some went last year), and feel like meeting up for a pint or something, let me know.