The Next Achaea Class

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Melodie said: Cool stuff about a dream
    That is freaking scary... because I dreamt I was an air mage who was fighting a lightning mage, and it was sweeter than <better not>.

ETA: DAMN THESE QUOTES.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited June 2013
    Delphinus said:

Stuff Achaea hasn't done:
    ---
    chronomancers
    artificers/tinkerers
    astronomers/astrologers
    pirates
    mounted cavalry
    shield-bearers
    mounted bear cavalry
    berserkers
    rogues that actually use daggers
    chaos knights
    spirititualists that aren't shamans or priests
    dragon riders/cultists
    spearmen/lancers
    sickle/scythe-wielders
    lightweavers
    heavy sword users
    pastamancers

I actually brainstormed a Chronomancy skill ages  ago and just let the file floating around my "ideas" folder. Yes, I sometimes do this in my free time -,-. The concept at the time was for another breed of Mage that focused on time magic rather than the basic use of elementalism.

Anyway im just going to toss it up here with no editting because im too sleepy. It looks somewhat alright I guess.

[spoiler]

AB:

Chronosphere: Place a sphere of time around your body; not only giving you a chance to evade aeon, but also enhancing your defense against physical damage and magical damage.

Timelag: Produce a temporal warp around another, making their balance and equilibrium recovery longer for a short while. It is cured by applying speed.

Stream: pass another through the temporal stream, making them suffer its affects unprotected (magical damage attack).

Glimpse: take a glimpse in time and see the location of another. Will also give the location the target was in before.

Timelapse: place a time lapse upon another, making them relapse from past afflictions they have had.

Accelerate: Accelerate another's passage through the time stream, making them become hungrier.

Fate: Change your coming fate, making you avoid the next attack (like reflection)

Bodyshift: Shift your body in time, displacing afflictions through the temporal stream. (Removes 1-2 affliction at a time)

Chestlock:  Lock another's torso in time for a few seconds, making them unable to fly or smoke a pipe.

Leglock: Lock another's lower portions in time for a few seconds, making them unable to walk, leap, bound or dash.

Petrify: Freeze another in time completely, making them unable to move. (Requires chestlock or leglock to work, targets needs to writhe to get free).

Hurl:  Hurl another to certain points in time, making them experience disasters and mayhem that have occurred or yet to occur; disrupting their body and mind (gives 1 to 3 random afflictions).

Timeshift: Shift your position in space-time with another in your local area, making you switch places. (Instant, unless Monolith, then slows down by 3 seconds)

Jump: Jump through time to another location on the continent. May only transport to remote uninhabited locations, also will place the magi in a random room in the area. Locations include: Mhojave, Granite hills, Sangre plains, Savannah, Southern Vashnar and Pash Valley.

Timewalk: By doing SET TIMEWALK you can whenever you wish TIMEWALK to return your body to its condition back when you set it (this includes health, mana, endurance, willpower, afflictions). This may also be done when a soul. You can set the timewalk once ever 5 hours. Note that you will require at least 1000 mana to do such.

Timequake: As the Goddess of Chaos before, create a quake in time, making anyone in the room displaced to a random location in the area (except Househalls and subdivision houses). Also for the next 20 seconds, anyone that enters the room will have a chance to be displaced to a random room in the area.

Chronosceptre: Through your influence over time, manipulate its energy through several crystals and into a Chronoscepter (Requires 3 of the same crystals). With the Sceptre you can POINT SCEPTRE <target> to give them aeon or CHRONOCAST <target> to strike another with a condescended beam of energy (high damage magical attack).

Aeonfield: Place a temporal field around your room, making any enemies that walk in immediately afflicted by Timelag.

Vortex: Remove another from space-time and into a temporal vortex, banishing them from your sight. They will return in around 8 to 12 seconds with Timelag.

Chronostorm: Create a storm in the time stream in your location, making it ripple and rip through all in the room. Has a large chance to hit everyone in the room with hurl, aeon, or timelag. Also if any of your enemies in the room are petrified then their bodies will be destroyed by the cataclysm of the time storm.

[/spoiler]
  • Sarapis said:
    As I said earlier in the thread, there are no plans for a new class anywhere in the forseeable future. Achaea has plenty of classes. :ar!
  • edited June 2013

I began development on a class like 2.5 rl years ago (way before alchemists) and have added bits and pieces over time, but large gaps of no work on it. Following the advice in HELP CLASSDESIGN, I'm going into as much detail and thought as possible regarding balance, detail, completeness, so that at the time of actual email submission (yes, there are spreadsheets to attach), much of the math and flavour text would be done and all the Garden would have to do is fall in love with the class. Few tweaks needed.

That being said, so much work is obviously going to be jealously guarded by me whether it's quality or not. I don't need it being bastardized or dissected for good pieces, but I could use input and fine-tuning. Whether you're on any terms with me IC, feel free to shoot me an OOC message here or in-game to collaborate. I can give you a skillset overview, and if you like it, access to the full details on my forum.

Summary: a battlemage class that uses a combination of melee combat (with a battlestaff) and an enchantment-styled magic.
    Skills take inspiration from Runelore, Tekura, Enchantment, and many others, along with my own inventions.

[spoiler]-Progress Estimates- Abilities (quantity): 80% Abilities (function): 70% Flavour text: 2% Lore/Intro: 10% Inter-class balance: 20%[/spoiler]
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • For all of you who'd like to see a new class:

The devs have said that tradeskills will be decoupled from classes (Lusternia-style is my guess). This means classes will most likely get new skills to make up for the lost tradeskills. So there will be new skills coming up, if not new classes.
  • I'm genuinely interested in what this decoupling will do to the Achaean economy. The -only- reason I don't forge as much as Peak is that I don't have any interest in playing a Knight, and I don't want to roll an alt for the sole purpose of forging. It'll be fun to what happens when there's a bunch more people turning out high-speed rapiers.
  • Well, I hope said decoupling will be joined with a change to weapons that will mean a better reason to aim for more variety than high-speed rapiers for non-bards.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I 'd keep forging just for my fullplate. I spent about two months forging 40 sets a day to get these stats >.>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kyrra said:
    I 'd keep forging just for my fullplate. I spent about two months forging 40 sets a day to get these stats >.>
    Do you lose your fullplate or something if you lose forging? O.o I never forge, hence the inquiry.

• Kresslack said:
    Kyrra said:
    Do you lose your fullplate or something if you lose forging? O.o I never forge, hence the inquiry.
    No, that's why there was a bunch of smart folks who fell over themselves to hammer out fullplate after Demigods, whilst idiots like me were harassing Murad and picking flowers :'(
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Astronomer would fit the esoteric Dark class design perfectly. :)
  • Well Alchemists took the Astronomy business already.
    I do remember an idea floated about a sort of Shadowmancer thing that would be Hashan-appropriate. Since Cyrene evokes Bards and the rest are obvious, Hashan's the only city without a trademark class or two.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Well, the shaman is supposed to be that. It's even banned in Targ.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island

Echald said:
    Well, the shaman is supposed to be that. It's even banned in Targ.
    We all know why you did that. ;)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sylvance said:
    Kresslack said:
    Kyrra said:
    No, that's why there was a bunch of smart folks who fell over themselves to hammer out fullplate after Demigods, whilst idiots like me were harassing Murad and picking flowers :'(
    Can't wear fullplate if you're not a knight class.

Armour type         Classes (best armour wearable)
    -----------         ------------------------------
    None                Dragon, Magi
    Leather             Monks, Bards
    Ringmail            Alchemists, Apostates, Blademasters
    Scalemail           Serpents, Jesters, Shamans, Occultists
    Chainmail           Druids, Sentinels, Sylvans, Classless
    Splintmail          Priests
    Field plate and
    * Full plate        Paladins, Infernals, Runewardens

* Full plate armour is different, in that the only adventurers who may wear
    it are those who have forged it for themselves.

That's why I am curious about what happens when they take away forging from knights in favour of something else. It's super expensive to craft and there's a massive time requirement. Would suck to lose fullplate on top of losing all the knight traits we had before the changes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited June 2013
    Need a Tvistor class that can channel forum points into various abilities that damage the reputation of everyone involved. When you reach 0 reputation points you're unable to speak without people dismissing you as a troll.

Daslin attempts to speak.
    You don't have time to feed the trolls.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, the next class that will be implemented will be the "Volturi" class, all members of the class will gain a permanent ability to sparkle during the day.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • I still really want this class. I will give a firstborn son (someone else's, not mine, but it's just as good) to @Sarapis in exchange for making the class real.
  • Sena said:
    I still really want this class. I will give a firstborn son (someone else's, not mine, but it's just as good) to @Sarapis in exchange for making the class real.
    I'm not sure firstborns are actually fungible for such deals.
  • Sena said:
    I still really want this class. I will give a firstborn son (someone else's, not mine, but it's just as good) to @Sarapis in exchange for making the class real.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Sarapis you srs bro? Team Jacob? You disappoint me...

Team Corvin.
  • Real vampires don't sparkle. Never once seen Belladonna sparkle while kiting her to Hashan for newbsauce.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Sarapis I now approve of you, for having reminded me of such a movie. GDI man! Now I gotta go watch it.
  • Daslin said:
    @Sarapis I now approve of you, for having reminded me of such a movie. GDI man! Now I gotta go watch it.
    I absolutely love that movie. One one of my favorite 'background' (meaning I don't have to be paying much attention) movies ever.
  • @Sarapis you srs bro? Team Jacob? You disappoint me...

Team Corvin.

I'm team Tyler Crowley
  • Damn you all for bringing in the Count

RIP Jerry Nelson :(