Roleplay Logs!

Comments

• Oh hey, he exists!
  • Tvistor said:
    Oh hey, he exists!
    No timestamps, log is clearly fake

• Ruth posted that just to make me sad.
  • They're/their errors and other little grammar quirks make me sad. Otherwise, that was inspired.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, sorry about those. I'm dyslexic and hate having to pester people all the time to go over my work. Always feels like I'm being a burden. Glad you still liked it though. Thanks for the compliment :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Lodi, don't worry about being dyslexic. Not a burden, most of us will willingly help if needed. Was super enjoyable. i liked it. 

(Also, so you know, think about being numeralexic... not sure if that's a legit word... and referring to everything by number... EVERYTHING IS 1112632 which I read as 125213WTFAMIDOING6515)  :P
  • @Daslin Dyscalculia, maybe?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Eld is that what it is? I can't remember. Numbers get twisted, mixed up, and turn around on me.
  • Yeah, I have a mild form of dyscalculia. It's mostly annoying for phone numbers, and used to be an absolute bitch when I worked retail and had to key in credit card numbers and stuff.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013

I would like to comment more on this topic, but it feels wrong to be doing it in the roleplay logs. I'd actually like to see a thread in the membrane on diagnosis/issues that can hinder you in achaea and/or that achaea has helped you learn to deal with/improve.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Lodi: Let me know if I can ever be of assistance with proofreading. I know it's good to have a couple. Also, try and give me as much warning as possible, as I tend to be pretty busy, but I'd love to help where I can.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    That was brilliant.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • @Lodi I know that I'm not Mhaldorian, but I'd be happy to help you out if you'd like me to.
  • Lodi's a beast.
  • @Lodi me too, I'm jealous of Mhaldor for getting your sermons, so I'd love to get sneak previews at least!
    Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • Kaevan said:
     roleplay something besides 'AAAARRRGGGHHHH! FOR LORD SARTAN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE'
    This sounds dangerously close to treason.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Oh god. I lol'd at the milk part and the fortune cookie.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I enjoyed myself today. For those intrigued in all the Cyrenian concerts and Scarlattan festivals are, I hope my recital is enough to give you a glimpse into what it's like, and why I enjoy the Ty Beirdd so much:

http://pastebin.com/K41trNwX
  • Your signature is disgustingly adorable.
  • Chord said:
    So, as everyone who reads rants knows, I'm having Blade issues. As such, I decided to try to enlist a little help.

Shrine of the Creator.
    Standing atop a raised marble dais an imposing cast-iron forge dominates, fire and heat radiating from this massive shrine to the Smith. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading west and down.

You say, "Dear Father, please hear this far-from-humble plea."

You say, "I've been gathering materials for Murad, in the hopes that I could forge a proper blade to wield. All the blades have been lackluster and ill-fitting of a Knight of Good."

You say, "Please, bless me to help create a proper blade, one which I can use to carve my name into the pages of history as I reforge the city of Good with my allies."

You empty out a flagon filled with walnut ale on top of a shrine of Phaestus, covering it in ale.
    As you pour the ale onto the shrine you feel the ambient temperature increase.

You empty out a flagon with the brewer's private ale on top of a shrine of Phaestus, covering it in ale.

You say, "Please accept this offering for my request. Thank you, m'Lord."

You lower your head respectfully before a shrine of Phaestus.

*snip running to Murad*

Murad nods as he accepts the metal.
    Murad says, "Looks like I have everything I need."
    Murad tells you, "You may COMMISSION SWORD when ready."

You request a specially forged blade from Murad. The blacksmith nods, assessing your height and weight, gauging your body mass and centre of balance, and taking some measurements. Jotting down a few notes, the blacksmith assembles his tools in preparation for forging.

Placing a lump of bronze and a crystal of cinnabar into the forge alongside a length of steel, Murad pumps the bellows to increase the temperature of the roiling furnace.

Murad draws the heated materials from the forge, folding the metals together upon an anvil with heavy strikes of his hammer.

Sweat flies from Murad's brow as he repeats the folding process, turning and shaping the blade with the skill of an expert craftsman.

Murad dissolves the handful of ashes in a vat of icy water. A hiss of steam rises into the air as he plunges the hot steel into the vat. When it cools, he draws the blade from the water and carefully dries the steel with a cloth.

Selecting a few materials from his workbench, Murad finishes the handle of the sword and affixes it with a pommel to balance the weapon. With expert precision, he grinds the blade of the sword against a wheel to impart a razor-sharp edge.

Murad polishes the steel with a fine cloth, inspecting the blade for any imperfections. Finding none, he turns and reverently presents the sword to you with both hands.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Flawless Angel!"
    @Chord - Where's the bloody description?