Magi Hunting - Dwarf Foreman OR Grook Scholar

JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
edited June 2013 in North of Thera

Ok, here's the premise:

1. You have every artefact (or at least most of them) that makes hunting as a mage better (so you have +3 all the stats, perm. willpower regeneration tattoo, robes of the magi and more)
  2. You're rather high level plus you have the highest level critical pendant (stygian) plus you have the lucky trait and quick-witted (but you COULD change them if you wanted)
  3. You've got a gem of transmutation (so you're not stuck with a choice)
  4. You'll tend more towards hunting than PK
  5. Ignore the big level mobs that neither combo would get - for them, just dragonform...
Most of the years (and yes, I mean RL years) I've been a grook scholar mage. Whilst I occasionally have to run from mobs like a chicken with no head, I tend to be able to hunt for as long as I want without running out of willpower (I *do* run out of willpower but by the time I have, I'm also bored and quite happy to stop and talk, chit chat or SHOCK HORROR - do real life stuff!).

Lately, though, I've changed to Dwarven Foremen. I do run out of mana somewhat more quickly and it has less willpower (I can get to levels of willpower where I'll stop hunting BEFORE I really want to). However, from what I can tell, so long as the stormhammering keeps up and the crits keep coming it is somewhat faster than grook scholar mage and I think that's because I don't have to run like a frog (boom boom!) as often. On the other hand, one on one with mobs with just staff casts seems more sure but slower.

Overall, I suspect they'll balance out but I'm not sure.

Any opinions on this?

JW

Comments

• JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    Daeir,

Yes, that is true however that involves casting flood and embedding (or focusing in) harmony. I probably should mention that I do flood and harmony but rarely need to and yes, it does make me run about less but it also slows me down.

JW
  • Do you use stormhammer -all- the time? I'd only use it against large mobs and stick to staffcast otherwise. Much shorter cooldown time. You want crits more than raw damage anyway.
  • JamethielJamethiel Adelaide
    I only use stormhammer against > 2 mobs otherwise staffcast is perfectly fine.