Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Blademasters

13»

Comments

• SeftinSeftin Posts: 923Member @ - Epic Achaean
    How? @mishgul
    MilitisEarionduil
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPosts: 5,305Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

avoiding dying to a blademaster is much easier than avoiding death vs a monk/apostate/serpent. Blademasters do have a lot of leeway for error, but literally the only issue i have against blademasters is the ridiculous WP drain.

Limb counting as blademaster compared to monk/dragon/forestal is p. difficult if you are fighting someone who is smart, as is getting them down.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    NimJhuiSylvanceAciusMilitis
    Have to disagree with you there. No matter how good your system is or how much passive healing you have or how much you touch shield it wont make a difference against a standard and easily repeatable and quick double leg to prone setup from a blademaster which is not momentum based to achieve its goal. Also unlike monks they have a guaranteed dismount and prone ability as striking doesnt miss, coupled with the fact that your truefavour/runes/armour/tumble behind icewall wont stop their ability to stack up bleeding to required levels thanks to evade/leap etc. Big difference unless you are implying the burst lock by apostate/serpent which is rather easily stopped by paying attention and touching shield/curseward/lucky rebounding forcing them to restart or just by switching a priority or having a good curing system.
    MilitisDochitha
  • MizikMizik Posts: 2,027Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Carmain is worst case, having Robes of Magi, high mana pool, and Gravehands to prevent the leap high/brokenstar or instant chase.

The other 90% gets helplessly smeared.
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPosts: 5,305Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I guess so. I find it easier to survive against mizik than i do against agathon or lothiac. I hate fighting magi or monk.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • MizikMizik Posts: 2,027Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cha'll the same once I bottom out dat wp
    Mishgul
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,954Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2013
    Mishgul said:
    I guess so. I find it easier to survive against mizik than i do against agathon or lothiac. I hate fighting magi or monk.
    are you still apo?  What's hard about non-Ashuran monks?

or did you trade in arties?
    Why does everyone think i had arties

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Simoln
  • JhuiJhui Posts: 1,954Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    you're trolling me smalls
    HaldonMako
  • SabiruSabiru Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Slightly artied and fairly mediocre BM kill me easier than omni-artied and highly skilled ashuran monk.

I'd say I'm probably doing something wrong tho.
    AchillesAcius
  • SabiruSabiru Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    or it's that 250ms handicap. The impale spam change did help quite a bit.
  • SylvanceSylvance Posts: 1,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Can someone please explain to me the relative merit of PommelStrike vs ImpaleSlash? It's one of those things I still can't get my head around; sorry, I know it's BM 101...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Cooper
  • ValynardValynard Posts: 11Member
    What do you mean by PommelStrike vs ImpaleSlash? I thought they served different purposes, not to mention ImpaleSlash requires the target to be impaled anyway.
  • SylvanceSylvance Posts: 1,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Yep, brainfail. Let me try again:

PommeStrike vs BalanceSlash
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Pommel is very nice for 1 v 1 setups whilst balancslash can be very useful in group combat. I also think balanceslash does more damage and can be infused while pommel stuns and does less damage. I know me and mizik whored balanceslashon someone and it worked a treat. Pommel can be used to gain the upper hand on herb balance for some interesting advantages.
    Sylvance
  • MakoMako Posts: 150Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @eld if I dont have wings, hermit, universe, astralform, blackwind or puppet travel or earrings, its very hard to run from a bladmaster who knows what they are doing
    Karai
13»
Sign In to Comment.