Terraforming Updates - June 2013

12346»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I'm perhaps in the minority in this, but I'd actually really like to see Chivalry largely maintained and most of the differentiation put in via whatever replaces forging.

I've always liked that we have these classes with vastly different ideologies, but some very similar basic beliefs, and the setup with shared chivalry and then a skill that isn't shared does the same thing - it's a great example of the mechanics reinforcing the theme. It creates a neat roleplaying situation because the Infernals and Paladins can still have their "we're not so different you and I" thing going and I think it does some good in driving rivalries between them.

Edit: And I actually agree with not having the third skill be magical in nature if possible. The unique skill of each knight class is already magical - having a third magical skill seems to me to risk making them feel more like sword-wizards and less like knights. If things like mentor/protege blessings are going to be worked into Paladins (which is a fine idea), they should just be put into Devotion, further differentiating it from Priest devotion (I wouldn't say replace Devotion with Blessings though - the shared skill thing is still neat, just as with Magi/Sylvan).
  • RE: Knights. I say give them a choice, somehow, of specializations. Tons of basic abilities, but say,five or so 'specialized' abilities for each weapon. The same ability, but unique flavour text and can only use them with the weapon you specialized in.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Tecton said:
    Cooper said:
    Tecton said:
    Cooper said:
    On a scale of one week to 'Ships Are Coming Soon(tm)' how long is 'down the road' for multiclassing?
    Closer to the latter than the former.
    But...that's like...at least 5 years then :(
    We're working on Tecton timeframes.. not Sarapis'  :-\"

Seriously though, it won't be this summer, it might be this year, it will definitely be before 2015!
    You teased us... This was supposed to be terraforming updates for June! T_T
  • @Penwize, you should join Targossas and raid. 1% from room destruction would be close to a thousand hours worth of bashing!
  • Room destruction xp isn't a straight percent.  At 132, I only gained 0.4% per room!
  • I gained 0.4% at level 102, so something seems a little off...
  • edited June 2013
    80 times more worth it at 133! Like destroying 80 rooms at 132. Wow that is pretty op. Better do it before Tecton notices.
  • Penwize raid your way to 135
  • That is odd. I got 0.8% a room at 99, and 0.4% at 100. Apparently it's capped at 0.4%?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.