Welcome to Achaea video

Comments

• Achimrst said:
    Looks like we need to spam facebook with this video some more!
    done, like 1000x

got 4 people so far
  • Azi said:
    Achimrst said:
    Looks like we need to spam facebook with this video some more!
    done, like 1000x

got 4 people so far
    Hehe, you reminded me to put it in my Boycott NCSoft group. They were actually talking about quitting gaming I was like "WTF" @_@ not that I think they actually would.
  • I loved it. It was the first step in getting me hooked on Achaea.
  • That's great to hear! Definitely the idea behind it.
  • Say I wanted to get in contact with the artist for all the new portraits?...How would I do that?
  • No can do until we're done with her, which won't be for awhile I'm afraid!
  • Hey @Sarapis! Just haven't had a moment until now to show my support on the video! I really enjoy it, and have thrown it on my Achaea website that I am currently working on. (Hope that is okay). 

Anyway, A couple months ago I tried to show a few people the game, they couldn't stick with it. Whether they were overwhelmed, lost, I wasn't really sure. But for some reason, If I show somebody the video, and then the game. They have a new drive to learn, and conquer it. You cover all the important points really well, like learning to discern what is important within the text, and what is not. That is very important. 

I love all the new artwork as well! Great job on bringing Achaea into the modern age, I think that soon it is really going to take off even more so! Which not sure is good or not, we can't have everything hunted out all the time! :)
  • Zuko said:
    Hey @Sarapis! Just haven't had a moment until now to show my support on the video! I really enjoy it, and have thrown it on my Achaea website that I am currently working on. (Hope that is okay). 

Anyway, A couple months ago I tried to show a few people the game, they couldn't stick with it. Whether they were overwhelmed, lost, I wasn't really sure. But for some reason, If I show somebody the video, and then the game. They have a new drive to learn, and conquer it. You cover all the important points really well, like learning to discern what is important within the text, and what is not. That is very important. 

I love all the new artwork as well! Great job on bringing Achaea into the modern age, I think that soon it is really going to take off even more so! Which not sure is good or not, we can't have everything hunted out all the time! :)
    More players can only be a good thing. With enough players they might consider doing the 'other' continent.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • There are multiple other continents on the planet actually.
  • edited June 2013
    @Sarapis - is there any chance that in future there will be Cities aligned to races, or no?

Ya'know, like in the future when we have a playerbase able to support such fancies.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    @Sarapis - is there any chance that in future there will be Cities aligned to races, or no?

Ya'know, like in the future when we have a playerbase able to support such fancies.
    I want to visit the Siren city!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Sylvance said:

No. 
  • It'd be cool in theory, but not feasible as our factions aren't based on races. NPC race-cities, yes. Player race-cities, no.
  • So proud of Sarapis for saying no to racism.
  • Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:

I want to visit the Siren city a brothel!
    >_> ftfy <_<
  • Sylvance said:
    Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:

>_> ftfy <_<
    ya, but Mhaldor doesn't like me... :(
    ~
  • edited July 2013
    Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:
    Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:

>_> ftfy <_<
    What, nobody has made a wormhole from Vellis to the brothel yet?
  • Huh, if the video's having a good impact - particularly on whether people who try Achaea out stick around - it might be a good idea to stick it on the front page, or at least allow people to access it from the front page, as a kind of trailer.
  • We're testing that on the landing page now (the front page is not where most new players go).
  • You can see the landing pages we're testing against each other here btw, if you're interested:

• Oh those look *good*.  Helpfully, I think the artwork looks better on page 2, but I prefer the layout of page 1.  MMV, of course.

"Become a God" is such false advertising though - as though you'd let anyone ascend these days... I miss ascension.

• Sylvance said:

Try Midkemia (though, why they're still in beta after 4 years- which makes my husband go *flail* "Imma quit and go back to Imperian!" *whine*) They do their cities based off of race.
    meh

• Oh those look *good*.  Helpfully, I think the artwork looks better on page 2, but I prefer the layout of page 1.  MMV, of course.

"Become a God" is such false advertising though - as though you'd let anyone ascend these days... I miss ascension.

Is it? We have people who become Gods regularly after being Celani!
  • I thought ascension meant an adventurer directly becoming a God, not giving up the character and becoming a Celani for the out-of-character path to Godhood. 

Though Ascension and "Becoming a God" are two very different things, and you CAN do the latter so it isn't as if it's a trick... how long ago was the former? Heh.

I agree on both counts - the fact that the face is covered by a box on page 2 seems to defeat the point, slightly.
  • @Adet Your monitor or browser resolution will determine where her face is. The image scales dynamically to fill the screen, which is why the fact gets cut off sometimes. In the first one, the image does not scale dynamically, which also has problems as for some people only half of Aurora or Vastar are showing, which is weird.

• Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:
    Jonners said:
    Sylvance said:

>_> ftfy <_<
    You know, there is more then 1 brothel in Achaea.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Just finally watched the video. I didn't see it in the thread, so sorry if it was already asked-- why is the human artwork identified as 'Human Serpentlord' instead of 'Human Serpent'?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • That's odd; I could have sworn that I'd seen the class referred to as Serpentlord IGly, but apparently not a la HELP CLASSLIST