The reason I'm an arse...

edited May 2013 in North of Thera
Most of my conversations start politely enough, then quickly devolve into something like this, and I can't for the life of me figure out why...

Was thinking about getting unenemied to the first house I've ever been in, quickly changed my mind...

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "Hello."

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "Are you druid classed?"

Hannah tells you, "Yes. And you are a house enemy."

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "And you're rude."

Hannah tells you, "No, I am stating a fact."

Hannah tells you, "I prefer not to speak to house enemies, so please make whatever you contacted me 
for quick."

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "I prefer not to squander my time on idiots so I'll take my questions 
elsewhere, good chat."

Hannah tells you, "I find it amusing that you call me an idiot, which will be reported, mind you... 
when all I did was state a fact and tell you I prefer not to speak with house enemies. Enjoy your 
prolonged sentence."

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "I'm sure you think I could give a flying rat's arse about my prolonged 
sentence of a house filled with totally incompetent and impotent idiots who have achieved nothing 
except fuelling my ascent to dragonhood but, sadly, I do not. Feel free to report whatever your tiny 
little mind wants to."

You tell Hannah M'cEryn, "And furthermore, I thought you wished to avoid a protracted conversation?"

Jarrel-smalljpg

Comments

• I just find the thought of anyone reporting insults funny...third grade much?
  • Hi jarhead. How you doing bro.

• Missing you Jar.

• CrathenCrathen Ireland
    Jarrel said:
    Crathen said:
    You say to Caucasian male, "Hello."

You say to Caucasian male, "Are you a plumber?"

Caucasian male says, "Yes. Aren't you that guy I saw on the news who was convicted of assault and battery?"

You say to Caucasian male, "Yes. It's very rude of you to mention that."

Caucasian male says, "Hey, not really, I just prefer not to deal with people like that. What was it you wanted?"

You say to Caucasian male, "You're an idiot."

<situation rapidly devolves>

No idea why Caucasian male was hesitant to deal with you bro if I were you I'd just shrug it off and find another plumber
    You seem to be quite poor at fabricating analogies and I can detect a hint of issues dealing with race.

Comparing convictions of assault and battery to a house enemy status also shows what a serious player you are and while I, personally admire your commitment your mother probably wants you to move out of the basement sometime in the near future.
    Yep, that's pretty much what you did in the OP too :)
  • Hi, @Crathen, good to see (or read, I guess) you!
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    You handled that conversation poorly. So if most of your interactions go this way, what is the common denominator? Hmm...
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I'm more confused for the fact that the topic's title is The reason I'm an Arse. But there's no reason in the OP. Makes 0 sense.
  • Jarrel said:

Comparing convictions of assault and battery to a house enemy status
    So out of curiosity, what exactly did you get enemied for?
  • Antonius said:
    Jarrel said:

Comparing convictions of assault and battery to a house enemy status
    So out of curiosity, what exactly did you get enemied for?
    Quitting without permission, it snowballed from there...

Jarrel-smalljpg

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    The reason most of my conversations start politely enough, then they quickly devolve into something like this, is because I'm an arse. 

There, we've clarified the issue, summed it all up, and gotten to the bottom of it. Shouldn't really be surprised when you a get a poor response as the result of offering a poor response. Seems there was enough idiocy in that brief conversation for both parties to get their fill.

• Me too, @Kyrra. I'm actually quite surprised by the rising tides of rage in this thread, but I guess it's clear that I haven't been on his bad side.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Rangor said:
    I thought you just hated me.

Then someone explain to me you were a dentist IRL, and it all made sense.
    Hence why we can't show you his face.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Berenene said:
    Rangor said:

Wonder how many people will get that reference :) Does he give a thumbs up/wave too?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    Berenene said:
    Rangor said:

Wonder how many people will get that reference :) Does he give a thumbs up/wave too?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxNrBVT8dgw
  • "I don't talk to House enemies." = "I am a newbie."

Jarrel, why do you care?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Yue said:
    "I don't talk to House enemies." = "I am a newbie."

Jarrel, why do you care?
    She never said she doesn't talk to House enemies, only that she prefers not to. Obviously she was talking to him. Distinction.

• @Kresslack

Bool cory, stro.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Honestly, I don't think Hannah was being rude for stating you were an enemy. I think it was more of a 'don't try to pass yourself off as friend, I know who you are' kind of thing. 

On the other hand, reporting that someone called you an idiot is... well, an idiocy.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Wow, this is still going? I thought it would have at least been thrown into the sewer by now, if not locked.

@Babel @Sarapis @Anyone?

• It seems newbieish to me.

"You're a House enemy, I can't talk to you because you're a bad person and I can't think for myself."

*shrug*

You can disagree with me, I don't know why you have to "wtf" my post. In reality, almost everyone who is anyone (house/city/order position of power) is enemied to multiple organizations, and if you have any legitimate in-character interaction besides your furry arpee (oh look, she's a druid, who would have guessed) then you are going to HAVE to talk to an org enemy at some point in time. If all you do is sit in your grove and tell your adopted cousin's girlfriends grand-dad's Arch Furrikan how pretty his new blankie is, then yeah, it's probably a good idea that you don't talk to house enemies (or anyone capable of rift-locking).
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Is that what they do in the forests?! I might have to reconsider becoming a druid.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited May 2013
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

This discussion has been closed.